10/1 - Clemson

10/8 - Miami

10/15 - @ Wake Forest

10/22 - Boston College

10/29 - @ Duke

11/10 - Georgia Tech

11/17 - North Carolina

11/26 - @ Virginia

LOL, this could be VT's weakest OOC in years. Your toughest opponent is the one that's not I-A. Frankly embarrassing. Almost like VT's doing everything it can to keep that 10-win season streak alive. Honestly, I think it ends this year (I'm saying 9-3, thanks to your OOC).

Virginia

9/3 - William & Mary

9/10 - @ Indiana

9/17 - @ North Carolina

9/24 - Southern Miss.

10/1 - Idaho

10/15 - Georgia Tech

10/22 - NC State

10/27 - @ Miami

11/5 - @ Maryland

11/12 - Duke

11/19 - @ Florida State

11/26 - Virginia Tech

Should be no worse than 3-1 OOC, and possibly 4-0 is Southern Miss's offense isn't as good as advertised. I foresee a bowl game this year...we face a depleted NC State, a Maryland in turnover, and Duke. We're not losing to Duke again, I don't care how underrated Renfree is.

UVA's OOC schedule isn't much more difficult than VT's...just sayin'...

We're not playing world-beaters, true, but Southern Miss is considerably better than the 4 cupcakes LT's going to get fat on.

Speaking of LT, how do the Hokie faithful feel about him? IMO, he reminds me of a slightly faster Sean Glennon with slightly worse accuracy.

We're not playing world-beaters, true, but Southern Miss is considerably better than the 4 cupcakes LT's going to get fat on.

Speaking of LT, how do the Hokie faithful feel about him? IMO, he reminds me of a slightly faster Sean Glennon with slightly worse accuracy.

Each team has one OOC opponent that made a bowl last season, however ECU beat Southern Miss in CUSA play...Appy St. made the D1-AA playoffs, Bill & Mary did not. And I'm pretty sure none of the four OOC opponents on VT's schedule gave up 80+ points in a game last season, Indiana did...

I think you'll be surprised by LT...

Each team has one OOC opponent that made a bowl last season, however ECU beat Southern Miss in CUSA play...Appy St. made the D1-AA playoffs, Bill & Mary did not. And I'm pretty sure none of the four OOC opponents on VT's schedule gave up 80+ points in a game last season, Indiana did...

I think you'll be surprised by LT...

Wisconsin scored 70 on 3 teams. It wasn't just Indiana. And like I said, your hardest opponent doesn't even play in this classification.

And I would like to know what makes VT fans think that LT is going to be better than Sean Glennon? I'd love to know more about him than what I've seen in my limited time looking at him. I don't see anything special. I've tried to see it, but I just don't.

Are you serious? Comparing him to Glennon is laughable...

LT has more athleticism in his pinky than Glennon dreamed of having. He has the ability to run, unlike Glennon. He's bigger, stronger, and faster than Glennon. He's more accurate and has better range (arm) than Glennon had as a sophomore. He fits VT's system much better than Glennon ever did. Plus, he has a ton more potential than Glennon ever had, especially in VT's system. Wait until VT runs an option and LT decides to keep it...I feel sorry for the DB who comes up to take him on...

Are you serious? Comparing him to Glennon is laughable...

LT has more athleticism in his pinky than Glennon dreamed of having. He has the ability to run, unlike Glennon. He's bigger, stronger, and faster than Glennon. He's more accurate and has better range (arm) than Glennon had as a sophomore. He fits VT's system much better than Glennon ever did. Plus, he has a ton more potential than Glennon ever had, especially in VT's system. Wait until VT runs an option and LT decides to keep it...I feel sorry for the DB who comes up to take him on...

I did say that Thomas had more athleticism than Glennon, definitely not denying that.

I'm curious to see what Thomas will do. Sure, he's the ideal QB for an option system, but VT seldom ever runs it (even with a team that would've excelled with it, like last year). Hopefully (for you) the shakeup in the offensive system will change that a bit.

I know he has a cannon, but I haven't seen anything from him that shows he has the accuracy. We'll see.

LOL, this could be VT's weakest OOC in years. Your toughest opponent is the one that's not I-A. Frankly embarrassing. Almost like VT's doing everything it can to keep that 10-win season streak alive. Honestly, I think it ends this year (I'm saying 9-3, thanks to your OOC).

Just stop. We have been going above and beyond with our OOC schedule over the past couple of years. LSU, Alabama, Boise State, etc. We have done much, much more than other schools, yet we are still berated for having a weak schedule.

I find it humorous how much importance everyone places on VT's OOC schedule. I guess that has to be the case since we don't see any competition in our own conference. Our OOC will become as insignificant as it is for every other school once some actually challenges us in the ACC.

I did say that Thomas had more athleticism than Glennon, definitely not denying that.

I'm curious to see what Thomas will do. Sure, he's the ideal QB for an option system, but VT seldom ever runs it (even with a team that would've excelled with it, like last year). Hopefully (for you) the shakeup in the offensive system will change that a bit.

I know he has a cannon, but I haven't seen anything from him that shows he has the accuracy. We'll see.

All things point toward Thomas being a very good quarterback. He has had a lot of developmental time in the system at this point, he has better than average measurables, and off the chart intangibles. If you are comparing him to Glennon, then you will be surprised.

Maybe a Randall type?

Except LT is bigger, faster, taller, and stronger. And, if he can become the intelligent leader that Bryan Randall was, the sky is the limit for this kid...

Except LT is bigger, faster, taller, and stronger. And, if he can become the intelligent leader that Bryan Randall was, the sky is the limit for this kid...

Bryan was one of my favorite Tech players of the last decade. I guess I was trying to make the comparison that LT won't be a dazzling scrambler like Tyrod was, but his mobility will be similar to what Randall did.

will tech ever recruiting vick types? go to more of a pro style offense?

& if anyone wants to make a monetary donation to the fund to buy me UT@Bama tickets for my 21st bday I would greatly appreciate it.

Just stop. We have been going above and beyond with our OOC schedule over the past couple of years. LSU, Alabama, Boise State, etc. We have done much, much more than other schools, yet we are still berated for having a weak schedule.

I find it humorous how much importance everyone places on VT's OOC schedule. I guess that has to be the case since we don't see any competition in our own conference. Our OOC will become as insignificant as it is for every other school once some actually challenges us in the ACC.

I didn't say that VT hasn't tried to improve its OOC schedules the past few years. That's obvious. I am saying that this OOC is cotton-candy soft. And it is. Just like our OOC last year was fairly soft aside from USC. Just because you play Alabama one year and "Saint Mary's Sisters of the Poor" the following year doesn't mean that you're free from reproach from playing "Saint Mary's Sisters of the Poor". And thankfully, I'm here to call you guys on it. Keeps you honest.

You're going to have some competition in the ACC this year...

All things point toward Thomas being a very good quarterback. He has had a lot of developmental time in the system at this point, he has better than average measurables, and off the chart intangibles. If you are comparing him to Glennon, then you will be surprised.

LOL, "off the chart" intangibles? That makes him sound like Vick I, which he's certainly not. Or do you mean "off the chart" like "off the bottom of the chart", as in throwing his offensive coaching staff under the bus as he did his first year? I digress.

I have seen nothing out of Logan Thomas that suggests that he is any better than Sean Glennon throwing the football. Nothing. Sure, he's as capable as Bryan Randall when he scrambles, but he's not Tyrod or Vick I/II. I think a lot of Hokies are going to be stunned at the dropoff in proficiency.

You've been eating filet mignon the last 3 years. Now, you have to order the pot roast. Pot roast can be good, and pot roast can be terrible. We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Bryan was one of my favorite Tech players of the last decade.

Mine too!

I guess I was trying to make the comparison that LT won't be a dazzling scrambler like Tyrod was, but his mobility will be similar to what Randall did.

Instead of running around the D, he may decide to just run over it with his size...

I didn't say that VT hasn't tried to improve its OOC schedules the past few years. That's obvious. I am saying that this OOC is cotton-candy soft. And it is. Just like our OOC last year was fairly soft aside from USC. Just because you play Alabama one year and "Saint Mary's Sisters of the Poor" the following year doesn't mean that you're free from reproach from playing "Saint Mary's Sisters of the Poor". And thankfully, I'm here to call you guys on it. Keeps you honest.

LOL, "off the chart" intangibles? That makes him sound like Vick I, which he's certainly not. Or do you mean "off the chart" like "off the bottom of the chart", as in throwing his offensive coaching staff under the bus as he did his first year? I digress.

I have seen nothing out of Logan Thomas that suggests that he is any better than Sean Glennon throwing the football. Nothing. Sure, he's as capable as Bryan Randall when he scrambles, but he's not Tyrod or Vick I/II. I think a lot of Hokies are going to be stunned at the dropoff in proficiency.

You've been eating filet mignon the last 3 years. Now, you have to order the pot roast. Pot roast can be good, and pot roast can be terrible. We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Well, if UVA and the rest of the ACC would step their game up...strength of schedule for any ACC would be a moot point...THE END...

So then call out other schools for doing the same thing! Every single other school might have one hard OOC game, then cupcakes otherwise. Look at Alabama. Look at Ohio State. Look at literally ANY other Top-25 school in the nation and you will see a schedule similar to ours.

Also, no one has seen production from Thomas on a Saturday in the Fall yet. All we can base it on is what the coaches see and what writers (like Kyle Tucker from the Virginia Pilot) see. They speak quite highly of his football IQ, his progress in the measurables so far, and what kind of person he is off the field. So no, we don't know what kind of QB he will be, but I don't think we will be disappointed.

Well, if UVA and the rest of the ACC would step their game up...strength of schedule for any ACC would be a moot point...THE END...

Begin our season with a cupcake, end our season with a cupcake... That's the way it's been for how many years now?

So then call out other schools for doing the same thing!

BTW, did anyone look at UT's OOC??? TWO D1-AA schools, Buffalo, and Cincinnati...Montana may beat UT...don't mess with the Grizz...

BTW, did anyone look at UT's OOC??? TWO D1-AA schools, Buffalo, and Cincinnati...Montana may beat UT...don't mess with the Grizz...

Guess UT should have scheduled Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Oregon (again) to go along with Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia, and LSU.