Tennessee, Va. Tech, and UVA. . . . . .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are better than Arkansas State, and neither are FCS, and havent been for a long time. TN has played a FCS school this season and last season, and it was the first time they had scheduled one since 1982. Montana may beat UT, but I doubt it. JMU did beat VT though last year.

Both are better than Arkansas State, and neither are FCS, and havent been for a long time. TN has played a FCS school this season and last season, and it was the first time they had scheduled one since 1982. Montana may beat UT, but I doubt it. JMU did beat VT though last year.

Montana is constantly one of the 2-4 best schools in FCS. If any school can give UT a run, Montana can. Not a cakewalk.

Middle Tennessee St. or Buffalo...take your pick...

Wrong, neither are FCS. And it's indefensible that you think either are: both have won their conferences at least once in the last 5 years...

Montana is constantly one of the 2-4 best schools in FCS. If any school can give UT a run, Montana can. Not a cakewalk.

Wrong, neither are FCS. And it's indefensible that you think either are: both have won their conferences at least once in the last 5 years...

Montana has a very good football team, no doubt about it. That said, if they give UT a run, it will show a big lack of improvement on the Vols part in the offseason.

Buffalo was 2-10 last season. They've won a total of 32 games over the last 12 seasons, with 18 of those wins under Turner Gill from '07-'09. Definitely not world beaters.

Also, if you throw out MTSU's 10-3 season in '09 and they've been a sub .500 team over the last five years...33-30 during those five seasons with the 10-win season included

Also, if you throw out MTSU's 10-3 season in '09 and they've been a sub .500 team over the last five years...33-30 during those five seasons with the 10-win season included

Also if you include Arkansas States last 5 seasons (none are winning records) they are 25-35 and MTSU leads the series head to head 3-2.

Also if you include Arkansas States last 5 seasons (none are winning records) they are 25-35 and MTSU leads the series head to head 3-2.

Ok, the OOC schedule argument is going nowhere. Lets argue about the conference schedules. I would start but there clearly is no argument.

Ok, the OOC schedule argument is going nowhere. Lets argue about the conference schedules. I would start but there clearly is no argument.

VT would have loved to have its shot in the SEC but there was not invite...

VT would have loved to have its shot in the SEC but there was not invite...

ROFL

Are you KIDDING? That would be the WORST possible move for VT. You'd certainly not continue that ridiculous 10-win season streak playing against the likes of UF, Bama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and UT every year. VT would lose what little basketball prestige it ever had by joining the SEC. Since VT's little more than a one-trick athletic pony anyway, there's nothing to gain in any other sports.

Coming into the ACC is the best thing that could've ever happened to you.

Leaving the ACC would be darned near the stupidest.

What's ridiculous about our 10-win streak?

That we have it and UVA doesn't. :)

I'd like to have 12-13 wins personally, but 10 is better than whatever the Hoos have been gettin and UT for that matter.

Buffalo was 2-10 last season. They've won a total of 32 games over the last 12 seasons, with 18 of those wins under Turner Gill from '07-'09. Definitely not world beaters.

That's not the point. My point was that both schools have won a conference championship (and by proxy have appeared in bowl games) during the last 5 years. For you to not know that both are FBS and not FCS is indefensible for someone who puts forth an image of having a masterful grasp of college football.

What's ridiculous about our 10-win streak?

Because VT fans love to thump their chests about it when all it does is look pretty on paper. It doesn't bring in the big-time recruits. It doesn't get you all into national title games. You've won exactly 1 Orange Bowl, against the 2nd-worst BCS qualifier of all time. All you've managed to do is to win most of your games against creampuffs while choking when you need a win the most. It's an abused statistic that your fanbase uses to make yourselves look more impressive than you are.

Now, 1-27 against Top 5 teams, that's a little better indicator, IMO.

That we have it and UVA doesn't. :)

I'd like to have 12-13 wins personally, but 10 is better than whatever the Hoos have been gettin and UT for that matter.

I'd trade UT's history for VT's in a heartbeat.

And at least UVA's been ranked #1 at some point. VT has NEVER done it.

Lately, VT's had the edge. Once Beamer's gone, it's gone. Book that baby.

Edited by UVAObserver

It's an abused statistic that your fanbase uses to make yourselves look more impressive than you are.

Not true. It's a statistic that ESPN and other media outlets use to show that our program has been consistent at a very high level of play for a long time now. We win games we're supposed to. Nothing more, nothing less. We rarely get upset and we rarely upset others. Yes, that can be frustrating. But at the end of the day I would rather have 10 wins and a top-25 ranking than be up and down like many, many other programs in the nation.

Not true. It's a statistic that ESPN and other media outlets use to show that our program has been consistent at a very high level of play for a long time now. We win games we're supposed to. Nothing more, nothing less. We rarely get upset and we rarely upset others. Yes, that can be frustrating. But at the end of the day I would rather have 10 wins and a top-25 ranking than be up and down like many, many other programs in the nation.

No doubt, I would love for Tenn to win 10 games every year. But if it means leaving the SEC.....HELLZ TO THE NO. I love playing the best, win or lose, every year. VT fans were making a big deal over playing Alabama and Boise. We play and always will play Alabama every year.

That's a fair counterargument. That being said, I don't see ESPN use that statistic nearly as much as Hokie fans like to throw it out.

No doubt, I would love for Tenn to win 10 games every year. But if it means leaving the SEC.....HELLZ TO THE NO. I love playing the best, win or lose, every year. VT fans were making a big deal over playing Alabama and Boise. We play and always will play Alabama every year.

Want to talk about annoying boasting? Let's talk about UT and their fans' need to always mention they're in the SEC.

Start winning, then we'll notice.

I'd trade UT's history for VT's in a heartbeat.

And at least UVA's been ranked #1 at some point. VT has NEVER done it.

Lately, VT's had the edge. Once Beamer's gone, it's gone. Book that baby.

1) History doesn't win you anything.

2) Congrats.

3) It might be sooner than that if we aren't careful