D1/D2 Sectional Breakdown from VHSL

great_state

The 101st Airborn, Shifty Powers unit are nicknamed the Screaming Eagles. I dont like Eagles as a mascot(far too common) but considering the historical signifigance it would have been really nice. The Regiments patch has a lightning bolt on it(similar to what airforce uses) and the colors are Dark Blue and Green. That would have been really nice.

Edited by redtiger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the enrollment #s look like when you combine Haysi, Ervinton, & Clintwood?

There is no way they should be in the Black Diamond

with Council (183 students total), Hurley (245), Etc. Even though the Cobras don't have football.

What do the enrollment #s look like when you combine Haysi, Ervinton, & Clintwood?

There is no way they should be in the Black Diamond

with Council (183 students total), Hurley (245), Etc. Even though the Cobras don't have football.

700ish And the BDD fits travel time wise as does some revamping of the LPD

IF Richland and Tazwell drop in the next 2 cycles TV/Hurley/Council are going to take a hit reguardless

Colley was first then soon after Mullins. Both settled the area WAY before there was a Wise or Buchannon county.

If Richlands and Tazewell drop I see Va High, Battle, Lebanon and Grundy joining w/ them to form a new SWD that would leave GC and Lee joining w/ WC 1,2,3 and DC(whenever its finished) to form a new LPD. I think thats everyone.

There is no way TV and Hurley should ever be in a district w/ Richlands and Tazewell, ever!

Colley was first then soon after Mullins. Both settled the area WAY before there was a Wise or Buchannon county.

If Richlands and Tazewell drop I see Va High, Battle, Lebanon and Grundy joining w/ them to form a new SWD that would leave GC and Lee joining w/ WC 1,2,3 and DC(whenever its finished) to form a new LPD. I think thats everyone.

There is no way TV and Hurley should ever be in a district w/ Richlands and Tazewell, ever!

The problem with that is that without Haysi I am not sure Honaker would want to stay in a district with only Hurly and TV in it

Move Castlewood over to the BDD. That would give the BDD 4 football teams(5 overall) and leave the Cumberland w/ 4 teams, assuming JI Burton moves to the CD and they have shown no interest in staying in a "big" LPD

I can understand why they wouldnt want to remain in the BDD but could Honaker compete on a regular basis in a "big" district with schools much larger than they are? For years Honaker has wanted to move to Region C so that they would be a D1 school and wouldnt have to compete against larger competion(and I dont blame them for it). I know Honaker has never had a problem playing hard competition in the regular season(in terms of football) but would they really want to be in a new SWD where they would be the smallest school by a couple hundred students? They already dont want to play Richlands in football.

Edited by redtiger

Move Castlewood over to the BDD. That would give the BDD 4 football teams(5 overall) and leave the Cumberland w/ 4 teams, assuming JI Burton moves to the CD and they have shown no interest in staying in a "big" LPD

I can understand why they wouldnt want to remain in the BDD but could Honaker compete on a regular basis in a "big" district with schools much larger than they are? For years Honaker has wanted to move to Region C so that they would be a D1 school and wouldnt have to compete against larger competion(and I dont blame them for it). I know Honaker has never had a problem playing hard competition in the regular season(in terms of football) but would they really want to be in a new SWD where they would be the smallest school by a couple hundred students? They already dont want to play Richlands in football.

Why would Castlewood want to goto the BDD if they are not forced........I think Honaker would make a push to go back to region C but since Battle was denied that same request resently I am not sure it would fly.......That being said you could be right and Castlewood may join Honaker in the BDD

If it wasnt for Honaker, Castlewood wouldnt move. The travel time to Hurley isint much worse than to Thomas Walker.

Castlewood to Ewing(TW) 1hr 48 min

Castlewood to Hurley 2hrs 20 min

a 30 minute swing(not terrible)

And other than Slate Creek and the trip over the mountain to Hurley the roads are about the same (assuming they would travel through Richlands). But I think Honaker is the kicker.

If Castlewood wont move Hurley and TV are screwed and Honaker will just join another district