The I-Cant-Stand-The-Miami-Heat-Thread

Guest The Variable

Im opportunistic about picking on basketball players because they are generally a bunch of punks and more so than the other athletes in the sports world (that is saying something).

That's debatable. You have your bad mixed in with any other sport too. See Sam Hurd for example. He, Plaxico, Suh, and a bunch of other dudes in the NFL aren't really poster children for good behavior.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I edited my last post. To be honest, if the heat win or lose, I still dont care. The NBA bores me. Im opportunistic about picking on basketball players because they are generally a bunch of punks and more so than the other athletes in the sports world (that is saying something).

Yeah I saw that. I don't think I would ever attempt to physically abuse my father. That's just not something I was raised to do.

I think NBA players get portrayed as punks and thugs for ...two reasons.

1) We can see their faces. Something about wearing a uniform with shoulder pads and a helmet causes a disconnect between player and fan. I know he's in there, but when he makes a sack and struts 10 yards like an idiot, does a ridiculous touchdown dance, or commits head to head contact and gloats about it... there's something about the inability to completely see their faces that makes it less personal and almost makes them appear less people-like. In the NBA, we see their every emotion. It's more up close and more personal. We see every action and reaction in their expression and they come off worse because of it. I don't believe the NBA per capita has more "thug" personalities than the NFL.

2)The culture of the game. Football is more physical strength. There's no need for another deciding factor. I beat you because you're on the ground. It's settled. The NBA is more finesse. I blew by you and scored and if that doesn't convince you that I'm better, I'll show off some too on my way back down the floor. And again, I think the NBA is overall more personal which elicits more unwanted attitude.

The NBA has it's problems but I liken it to a more realistic WWE. It's show boatin' and slap fightin', it's entertaining, it's something to talk about, and sweaty men rub on each other.

Guest The Variable
Yeah I saw that. I don't think I would ever attempt to physically abuse my father. That's just not something I was raised to do.

You make me laugh.

2)The culture of the game. Football is more physical strength. There's no need for another deciding factor. I beat you because you're on the ground. It's settled. The NBA is more finesse. I blew by you and scored and if that doesn't convince you that I'm better, I'll show off some too on my way back down the floor. And again, I think the NBA is overall more personal which elicits more unwanted attitude.

Thats offense for football.