Brandon Tate Tazewell Coach

blow_tornado_dog

that sort of thing goes on everywhere else, but it's just a whole other level at Tazewell.

All I was asking to begin with is why that happens to be the case? How did the situation get so bad there to the point where it could be the main reason why the program hasn't had any consistent success in over two decades?

For instance, Tazewell wins in baseball every year but for some reason these same problems either don't exist or at least don't affect the program too much. It could just be because baseball as a whole isn't as popular as football, I don't know.

I still think a lot of the football discontent has to do with Tazewell's lack of success over the last 20 years in comparison to Richlands and Graham. Tazewell has ONE regional title in that time whereas those two have how many?

As for where the responses came from, I'm not saying someone NOT from Tazewell wouldn't know anything, just that I would expect an actual Tazewell follower to have a little more insight.

baseball and football are never going to be the same type of fan reaction...baseball is a slower paced game and a lot more laid back...you dont have the crowd numbers...its just not something you can compare 1 to 1...

also, there was more to the Smith story than was told...but, let the man leave in peace...I don't like him myself for stuff that went on while he was at Va High...good riddance....but, i'd say you will see him around again, just maybe not in these parts.

All I was asking to begin with is why that happens to be the case? How did the situation get so bad there to the point where it could be the main reason why the program hasn't had any consistent success in over two decades?

For instance, Tazewell wins in baseball every year but for some reason these same problems either don't exist or at least don't affect the program too much. It could just be because baseball as a whole isn't as popular as football, I don't know.

I still think a lot of the football discontent has to do with Tazewell's lack of success over the last 20 years in comparison to Richlands and Graham. Tazewell has ONE regional title in that time whereas those two have how many?

As for where the responses came from, I'm not saying someone NOT from Tazewell wouldn't know anything, just that I would expect an actual Tazewell follower to have a little more insight.

The key difference between baseball and other sports at Tazewell that I have seen is that Lou Perry runs his own show from top to bottom. It is his way or not at all. Because of his reputation and the results he gets, he is left in peace. Parents support but don't meddle.

baseball and football are never going to be the same type of fan reaction...baseball is a slower paced game and a lot more laid back...you dont have the crowd numbers...its just not something you can compare 1 to 1...

also, there was more to the Smith story than was told...but, let the man leave in peace...I don't like him myself for stuff that went on while he was at Va High...good riddance....but, i'd say you will see him around again, just maybe not in these parts.

Baseball, though, is prone to the same level of influence from parents. Often, the lack of fan support enables such favoritism to continue unnoticed. See: Bluefield, VA.

I happen to know a past coach who was under Litz, and know exactly what the problems are at Tazewell... Obviously parents will always be a problem but our main problem is our administration. As long as our administration continues to not stand behind our coach we will always have a divided house and a divided house will never stand.

Baseball, though, is prone to the same level of influence from parents. Often, the lack of fan support enables such favoritism to continue unnoticed. See: Bluefield, VA.

yes and the reason ghs does not do good at baseball and never will until things are changed there like need to be changed at tazewell for football.

Been away on vacation, but I have to say I haven't heard a lot about Coach Tate. does anyone have any info on his coaching history, or his playing history? I for one wish him the best, and I have to agree with a lot that has been said on this thread about the Tazewell fans, but thry are really no different than the Richlands fans were many years ago. Dennis Vault, (hate him or like him) changed the mind set of the whole community simply by creating a winning attitude with the players. Tazewell needs a coach that will show them that they can still win, and cause them to once again believe in the program.

My estimate is that it will take a couple of years for an attitude change in the players, and a few more years for the attitude change in the fans. At Richlands we see the stands full now, but I remember time before Vault when there were very few of us die hard fans. Let's face it, everyone loves a winner, and that's what Tazewell needs more than anything else, to start winning.

The fan base is there, no doubt, it just needs a wake up call.

No one on here know what he brings to the table, But this Tate we speak of, where did he come from, why did he wind up in a place like this? We will know more tomorrow I'm for sure when they announce him as coach, since the TCSB is meeting tonight... If he's the man then I wish him luck.... He will have about 15-20 seniors waiting on him.... Correct me if I am wrong, but will this be the first African American coach at THS?