Lockout may end tomorrow (Thursday)...

futbolking

Colin Cowherd is a pompous, sensationalist douche however he said it best when he said the NFL lockout is like your kid running away from home for four hours while you're at work. As long as he shows up to dinner, you didn't even miss him.

That is..if it ends before the season starts ..

Edited by deuceswild

Who cares? I'm so sick of professional athletes pissin and moanin over money. Let them work for a living if they have it so bad. Let them strike and have college games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday night. Oh, and as far as the owners making the money. Do any of you guys make the same as the companies you work for? I dont, just checking.

Yeah, maybe they make the "big bucks" for playing a game we all have come to love, but if you were in their shoes I am sure you would want those "big bucks". The question comes down to, "Are they paid to much?" My answer to that is not real clear. On the one hand I could say, "Hell Yes!!", but when I stop and think of all they go through, and the physical punishment their body takes over a career, I begin to think, maybe they deserve all they can get.

I too am a blue colar worker, but I realize that my career is going to last longer than any pro-football career. Will I make as many "Big Bucks"? No, but I'm not enduring all the physical punishment either.

So I say get all you can while you can still play the game, and I will keep working at my lower paid blue color job and enjoying watching all the physical punishment being dished out.

Guest The Variable
Colin Cowherd is a pompous, sensationalist douche however he said it best when he said the NFL lockout is like your kid running away from home for four hours while you're at work. As long as he shows up to dinner, you didn't even miss him.

That is..if it ends before the season starts ..

Dont hype him up. Hes just a tool with a sports show.

Dont hype him up. Hes just a tool with a sports show.

Its hardly a sports show. Its a chance for him to flaunt about what big cities he likes to live in and the people he knows there with sports references peppered in.

That whole Charlottesville thing was funny from a Hokie perspective. I'll give him that ;)

Yeah, there's the funny stereotype, but in typical Cowturd fashion he beat it into the ground for over an hour. There's being humorous, and there's being an ass, and Cowherd never has had a grasp of that.

It might be different had he ever been to Charlottesville, but it was clear from that rant he hadn't. He was using his bully pulpit to preach about something he had no idea about. I know many UVA fans who are as passionate and as diehard as any VT fans I've ever met.

Long story short, he went much too far, and then had the gall to go into another hour-long rant the following day. Pretty tough words for someone who couldn't hack it at Eastern Washington.

Yeah, there's the funny stereotype, but in typical Cowturd fashion he beat it into the ground for over an hour. There's being humorous, and there's being an ass, and Cowherd never has had a grasp of that.

It might be different had he ever been to Charlottesville, but it was clear from that rant he hadn't. He was using his bully pulpit to preach about something he had no idea about. I know many UVA fans who are as passionate and as diehard as any VT fans I've ever met.

Long story short, he went much too far, and then had the gall to go into another hour-long rant the following day. Pretty tough words for someone who couldn't hack it at Eastern Washington.

Well he's gotta fill up 4 hours with something.

He gets one small idea early and milks it dry for 3 and half hours. There were a few lines from that debacle that I really appreciated. After a while I started to feel sorry for him and UVA for that matter.

I do enjoy his constant beatdowns of Notre Dame though. That never gets old to me, at all.

Guest The Variable
Its hardly a sports show. Its a chance for him to flaunt about what big cities he likes to live in and the people he knows there with sports references peppered in.

"sports" show then :D

Well he's gotta fill up 4 hours with something.

He gets one small idea early and milks it dry for 3 and half hours. There were a few lines from that debacle that I really appreciated. After a while I started to feel sorry for him and UVA for that matter.

I do enjoy his constant beatdowns of Notre Dame though. That never gets old to me, at all.

It's really not that hard to fill up 4 hours of radio time if you know what you're doing. Especially since you can break it down into 15 minute segments and have guest speakers.

Notre Dame deserves every ounce of beatdown it gets. If they went 0-12 for the rest of eternity, it still wouldn't be enough. The whole image of that program is hypocrisy.

Jim Rome used to do the "3.5 hour milking of one tiny issue", but thankfully, he started filling the segments with other stuff after a while, and it saved his program. Jim Rome is an example of what Colin Cowherd could've been: both have badly abrasive personalities, but Jim Rome learned from his mistakes and capitalized on his brashness. Cowturd fails, and ESPN's the only think keeping his sorry behind afloat.

Guest The Variable

Notre Dame deserves every ounce of beatdown it gets. If they went 0-12 for the rest of eternity, it still wouldn't be enough. The whole image of that program is hypocrisy.

Bah...yo momma.

I dont see why everyone gets on NDs case. Sure,they have a TV contract, sure they havent been a good team in a while, but ND is a piece of Americana. It has the most popular fight song, and a Xerox commercial. Hate on them all you want, but even when they are horrible, they are made of Win.

Bah...yo momma.

I dont see why everyone gets on NDs case. Sure,they have a TV contract, sure they havent been a good team in a while, but ND is a piece of Americana. It has the most popular fight song, and a Xerox commercial. Hate on them all you want, but even when they are horrible, they are made of Win.

I don't even know their fight song.

I'm not sure I know VT's fight song (unless I'm hammered, then I know it by heart and will scream it at you)

I don't even get why we have fight songs.

They're alright by me.

Edited by deuceswild

It's really not that hard to fill up 4 hours of radio time if you know what you're doing. Especially since you can break it down into 15 minute segments and have guest speakers.

Jim Rome used to do the "3.5 hour milking of one tiny issue", but thankfully, he started filling the segments with other stuff after a while, and it saved his program. Jim Rome is an example of what Colin Cowherd could've been: both have badly abrasive personalities, but Jim Rome learned from his mistakes and capitalized on his brashness. Cowturd fails, and ESPN's the only think keeping his sorry behind afloat.

I dunno man. 4 hours of rambling could get old quick. There's a reason most daily programming limits itself to only an hour or two unless they have multiple personalities on the show. Like Mike and Mike are fine, Scott and Ryan are fine, but Colin is by himself so he has no banter. He just has to talk to a mirror for 4 hours..it can't be easy. Guests and all that break it up some but it doesn't take away from his pompous-douchebaggery. I just don't see why he always has to hail himself as a west coast socialite when that appeals to about 1% of America. Hell, 1% of the west coast.

All of his opinionated stuff and abrasive behavior is designed for people to love or hate him and he's going to eventually say something you agree with.

Its the attitude I despise.

Guest The Variable
I don't even know their fight song.

I'm not sure I know VT's fight song (unless I'm hammered, then I know it by heart and will scream it at you)

I don't even get why we have fight songs.

They're alright by me.

Redskins fans always do the "hail to the redskinds" bit. I tell them that they have a fight song because they belong playing Div 1 colleges and not in the NFL.

I personally love Colin. Even when he makes fun of stuff I like, such as WWE wrestling, or VT, or Caleb, its still funny and entertaining to me. Guess its all ones personal prefrence though.

Guest The Variable
I personally love Colin. Even when he makes fun of stuff I like, such as WWE wrestling, or VT, or Caleb, its still funny and entertaining to me. Guess its all ones personal prefrence though.

I find Rome more clever. I guess its like comedy, some people you think are funny and some you dont. Cowherd sounds like hes trying too hard to be clever.

I find Rome more clever. I guess its like comedy, some people you think are funny and some you dont. Cowherd sounds like hes trying too hard to be clever.

It could be the fact that Ive watched every episode of SportsNation since it started two years ago. I actually have it DVR'd if I miss it lol.

Bah...yo momma.

ND is the bastion of hypocrisy in American football. They portray that all-American, "mom-and-apple-pie" image, when that program's been as dirty as any program except SMU. They routinely ran up the score, then cried like little babies when Jimmy Johnson did the same thing in Faust's last game. The fanbase is the biggest bunch of bandwagoners this side of UNC basketball. I could go on, and on, and on.

I dunno man. 4 hours of rambling could get old quick. There's a reason most daily programming limits itself to only an hour or two unless they have multiple personalities on the show. Like Mike and Mike are fine, Scott and Ryan are fine, but Colin is by himself so he has no banter. He just has to talk to a mirror for 4 hours..it can't be easy. Guests and all that break it up some but it doesn't take away from his pompous-douchebaggery. I just don't see why he always has to hail himself as a west coast socialite when that appeals to about 1% of America. Hell, 1% of the west coast.

All of his opinionated stuff and abrasive behavior is designed for people to love or hate him and he's going to eventually say something you agree with.

Its the attitude I despise.

The attitude, I despise too.

However, his material is just awful. I don't mind someone trying to get a rise out of people, but the material has to be good. He does portray that socialite image, then bashes the very image he tries to portray when he spends 2 straight days hammering on UVA. It almost seems like he doesn't know what he's doing, and just spews crap to make people mad. To go further on the Rome/Cowherd comparison, both say edgy material, but with Rome there is a deeper point behind it. Not with Cowturd.

The only reason I watch SportsNation anyway is Michelle Beadle. She's wonderful. Just wonderful. I wish they'd just replace the EWU reject with someone like the guest host who was a football player, his name escapes me at the moment. I would watch that show religiously if Cowturd wasn't there.

The attitude, I despise too.

However, his material is just awful. I don't mind someone trying to get a rise out of people, but the material has to be good. He does portray that socialite image, then bashes the very image he tries to portray when he spends 2 straight days hammering on UVA. It almost seems like he doesn't know what he's doing, and just spews crap to make people mad. To go further on the Rome/Cowherd comparison, both say edgy material, but with Rome there is a deeper point behind it. Not with Cowturd.

The only reason I watch SportsNation anyway is Michelle Beadle. She's wonderful. Just wonderful. I wish they'd just replace the EWU reject with someone like the guest host who was a football player, his name escapes me at the moment. I would watch that show religiously if Cowturd wasn't there.

Marcellus Wiley!! He's amazing.