Wvva vs. Bdt

A cosmic battle of lack of wits, folks.

The high temperature in Bluefield hasn't been relevant since it was moved to the Mercer County airport circa late-1980s. That place has probably the coolest temperatures in Mercer County aside from the top of East River Mountain. IIRC, Bluefield did this because of that heat wave in the Summer of 1988, and the CoC got tired of giving out so much lemonade.

If the "high" for the day is 91, it's probably 93-95 everywhere else.

How DARE the BDT screw up in print only and not share it with the whole world?

This needs to go in their "Seriously?! Stories of the unique and unusual " section...

"No one at daily paper knows how to find the daily high temperature for their city".

I think they should report the news instead of worrying about whether or not we're getting free lemonade. I haven't seen a story yet about all of the car break ins in my neighborhood (mine twice)...... How about we report some real news?

I think they should report the news instead of worrying about whether or not we're getting free lemonade. I haven't seen a story yet about all of the car break ins in my neighborhood (mine twice)...... How about we report some real news?

WVVA reported it.

WVVA reported it.

No, not the break ins in my neighborhood (off college Ave in Bluefield) they didn't....this has been going on for over a month. Several car windows smashed out....

They should report that the police didn't even bother to come by either time that I called them to even fill out a report. They said they were overwhelmed with calls and couldn't send an officer out....

Maybe they should report on how overwhelmed the police dept. is that they can't even send an officer to speak to you. I was given the option to call back between midnight and 8 a.m. if I wanted to speak to an officer.

To get news about anything bad happening in Bluefield, I have to watch Fox 59. WVVA only reports about weather.....and lemonade....

Edited by futbolking

No, not the break ins in my neighborhood (off college Ave in Bluefield) they didn't....this has been going on for over a month. Several car windows smashed out....

They should report that the police didn't even bother to come by either time that I called them to even fill out a report. They said they were overwhelmed with calls and couldn't send an officer out....

Maybe they should report on how overwhelmed the police dept. is that they can't even send an officer to speak to you. I was given the option to call back between midnight and 8 a.m. if I wanted to speak to an officer.

To get news about anything bad happening in Bluefield, I have to watch Fox 59. WVVA only reports about weather.....and lemonade....

Yeah that happened to BeaverBaseball. We both live right off college in Bluefield too. I've had mine broken into and had my ipod stolen.

Point still remains, using that reading as the high temperature for the entire city is dishonest.

better question is where do you get a temp for blfd. from a bank in downtown where it is much hotter because of asphalt and concrete or in blfd va. do you go to the walmart area kmart area. where would you suggest that you would get a accurate temp for this. the temp will vary from area to area. but using downtown in either town would not be anymore accurate than the airport. i would suggest using a average from different parts of both communities. this should not be to difficult to do.

better question is where do you get a temp for blfd. from a bank in downtown where it is much hotter because of asphalt and concrete or in blfd va. do you go to the walmart area kmart area. where would you suggest that you would get a accurate temp for this. the temp will vary from area to area. but using downtown in either town would not be anymore accurate than the airport. i would suggest using a average from different parts of both communities. this should not be to difficult to do.

Bluefield High School would be the first guess I'd have. It's away from the downtown heat while not in the cooler valleys or on top of a mountain. Seems like a place that would be a happy medium. Otherwise, I like the idea of taking an average of the hottest and coolest places.

Yeah that happened to BeaverBaseball. We both live right off college in Bluefield too. I've had mine broken into and had my ipod stolen.

Whoever is doing it is awfully brave, they have to come way down in my driveway, right next to the house to break in.... I'm thinking of installing a security camera. One question, did the police have you file a report? Nothing of great value was stolen from me....they didn't even come to my house....

I also live off of College Ave in Bluefield by the community center.

Thought mine might have been the only one. Last month on July 3rd I woke up to a shattered front windshield. They left the 15-20lb rock laying right beside the car. Called the cops just to file a report, not expecting them to actually catch the person.

I'm pretty sure I know who the person is. Some wanna be thug from the high school. He tried to start a fight with my 60 year old next door neighbor a few weeks ago.

Edited by beaverbaseball

Whoever is doing it is awfully brave, they have to come way down in my driveway, right next to the house to break in.... I'm thinking of installing a security camera. One question, did the police have you file a report? Nothing of great value was stolen from me....they didn't even come to my house....

When I called the responder said an officer would be by shortly to file a report. After sitting outside for about an hour I gave up. About 5 hours later, a officer arrived. I'm guessing they weren't to busy since it was a Sunday.

The only funny part about it was these exact words from the officer:

"Well I'll take the rock with me for evidence just in case we find other car windshields smashed by the same type of rock. Maybe we can find where they are getting the rocks from and catch them" Bluefields Finest

Buy you one of these...should get you a pic of any activity in and around your vehicle...

http://www.cabelas.com/trail-cameras-1.shtml

My brother has some property in Bland Co. He uses something similar to this to take pics. He has a corn spreader on his land and took pics of 15 different Bears last fall...

The cornspreader is 9 feet above the ground. One of them stood on it's hind legs and grabbed it and shook it...pretty big bear.

Edited by futbolking

I also live off of College Ave in Bluefield by the community center.

Thought mine might have been the only one. Last month on July 3rd I woke up to a shattered front windshield. They left the 15-20lb rock laying right beside the car. Called the cops just to file a report, not expecting them to actually catch the person.

I'm pretty sure I know who the person is who is going around at night doing it. Some wanna be thug from the high school. He tried to start a fight with my 60 year old next door neighbor a few weeks ago.

My car was broken into that same night....and again this past week. I wanted to file a report for the same reason. I stay up late some nights...I might just sit out on my deck in the dark, toss back a couple Brewski's and throw a rock at his head, if I see him...lol.

Cops wouldn't come to my house either time. Told me they were "overwhelmed". Thing is, if they park their happy carcASS somewhere and chew on some dougnuts for a while, they might just catch somebody. Can't be too hard to notice people walking up and down the streets in the middle of the night.

I might just sit out on my deck in the dark, toss back a couple Brewski's and throw a rock at his head, if I see him...lol.

For the past month or so i've actually done the exact same lol. I try to pick one night out of the weekend and relax with a few cold ones on my front porch. So far not much activity at night except a few suspicious cars driving back and forth down the street.