Hurley vs grundy

mdotson98

my prediction is that it's still 2 weeks away and grundy has to worry about Lebanon this week....and Hurley later.

LoL. Little testy there wasnt you ole buddy lol...Yea It's 2 weeks away and jeremy needs to

worry about Lebanon first and I"m sure he is..

But to answer you Mr.Dotson If Waynick get's football ready this week and works on his timing and routes with Cooper he's going to be hard to defend.

If Ole Church and BD get that line to click ( I'd put them on the raw meat and gun powder diet)

Bergelow or any other back that lines up for Hurley is going to run like a raped ape all year.

Hurley has some seniors but overall this is a young team and if they dont read much into all the stuff wrote about them and play hungry there gonna do some good things.

Grundy has some good younguns on that football team and they'll play like they'll never play another down simply because it's HURLEY vs GRUNDY..So as "TO" said "Get your Popcorn Ready" because I bet this ones going to be a slobber knocker.

Edited by gridironguru
spelling

Well its a little under two weeks away, but I figured I would go ahead and start a thread for the game. What is everyone thoughts and predictions for the game.
Lets squash it before it even gets started......thats all hurley needs is for someone lik yourself to get on here saying how they will do this and that.....Lets leave it up to the players. i am form Hurley myself but I also know they still need lots of work. Lets not stick our foot in our mouth becasue hurley and Grundy will be a good game. Hurley struggled with ervinton early and Grundy struggled to pull out a win against TV......Both teams struggled against weak opponents. Ltes end this and see waht happens in 2 weeks

how many times was grundy stoped on offence answer 0, and if im right here the o-line is on the same level as hurleys,if grundy can play D i take grundy by 10.btw if its a close game or grundy cant punch in it,mutters deadly from 35 :D

IF GRUNDY CAN PLAY D they might keep it close for a little while but you have to remember what they have to stop waynick and bergalow will be no easy task not to mention Hurleys other wideouts who shouldn't be overlooked.

grundy didn't struggle against a weak opponent in twin valley they struggled because they really aren't that much better than them....hurley will beat grundy by three touchdowns

haha there goes " not making big predictions and stick our foots in our mouths".. it doesnt really matter to me who wins, but I think it will be a good game.

Twin Valley ran all over Grundy...but, Grundy was able to tighten up and stop it when they really needed it...Grundy will need to make some big strides this week on D to stop Lebanon...so, the reason I say wait until next week on all this stuff is that I want to see what improvements are made this week before we start talking about next week...there is still a lot of work to be done before the Hurley game. Not being defensive about it at all, I will give you a better answer after I see what happens this week and if there are any injuries or whatever...

Hurley has two weeks to get ready for Grundy so I imagine that is next on the plate for them and the game obviously is a big rivalry for all involved...so i expect it to be talked about a lot...that's what we are here for...but, Grundy has Lebanon to worry about first.

as for the "always right" thing...that's obviously a joke.

this will be the best gate from a hurley grundy game in, well, maybe.... forever. anyway i went to the grundy tv game last friday and i saw some good things and i also so some bad things. i don't know much about hurley. all i know is this game will be played with more emotion than actual talent and it will be decided on special teams. bergolowe wants to stick it to his old teammates and old coach and the grundy kids want nothing more than to prove to bergolowe he shouldn't have left. whoever comes out of the gate strong and does well on special teams will win this game. could very well decide who wins the district this year. good luck to both teams. i just don't want to see ward and bd fighting over the hotdogs after the game and i don't want to see bostic and tester fighting over who is the shortest.... church will be fighting, well everybody, because he's just grouchy.... hahahaha

grundy didn't struggle against a weak opponent in twin valley they struggled because they really aren't that much better than them....hurley will beat grundy by three touchdowns

and somehow this year will make up for all those years Grundy ran through the Rebels like epsom salts through a widow women?

well twin valley ran all over grundy but couldn't get in the endzone when they got to the ten...hurley can throw it up to waynick if they have to...

I would figure they will put Oquinn and Rife on Waynick in that situation...it won't be a given...both are SR's with experience and can get up in the air when needed...Waynick has the advantage but in high school ball you can always take the penalty over the TD if you are beat badly enough. Either way, it wont be automatic Hurley will have to earn what they get.

Lets squash it before it even gets started......thats all hurley needs is for someone lik yourself to get on here saying how they will do this and that.....Lets leave it up to the players. i am form Hurley myself but I also know they still need lots of work. Lets not stick our foot in our mouth becasue hurley and Grundy will be a good game. Hurley struggled with ervinton early and Grundy struggled to pull out a win against TV......Both teams struggled against weak opponents. Ltes end this and see waht happens in 2 weeks

If you read my post you would see that I never said nothing about either team I asked everyone what they thought of the upcoming game. That is not called sticking your foot in your mouth.

Who said TV was weak?

TV beat Grundy like they stole something. Just couldn't get it in the endzone. Had two possessions inside the 10 and once inside the 15 and didn't get a score. Grundy scooped up a fumble and returned it for a TD. After TV got the first onside kick went down and scored, they were about 1/2 a yard from recovering the second onside kick when Grundy got caught with it's pants down.... and TV had about a 40 yard TD run called back for "holding".....

Hurley Honaker will be a much better game than Hurley Grundy.... Hurley will be first or second in the district just depends on the Honaker game.

Who said TV was weak?

TV beat Grundy like they stole something. Just couldn't get it in the endzone. Had two possessions inside the 10 and once inside the 15 and didn't get a score. Grundy scooped up a fumble and returned it for a TD. After TV got the first onside kick went down and scored, they were about 1/2 a yard from recovering the second onside kick when Grundy got caught with it's pants down.... and TV had about a 40 yard TD run called back for "holding".....

Hurley Honaker will be a much better game than Hurley Grundy.... Hurley will be first or second in the district just depends on the Honaker game.

to be honest the holding calls were legit and i can't believe there were not more of them...TV was holding all night and pretty much got away with it...i know you can find a hold on any play if you look hard enough, but after looking at my pics, I see a lot where TV has a hand full of jersey...and I looked at Mike Stiltner's pics from the other side of the field last night and noticed that it was the same in his.

I agree though, I thought TV ran all over Grundy...but, the Grundy defense did step up and get the stop when they needed it most...the old "bend but don't break"...and the on side kicks were just crazy...the coaches were yelling for them to watch for it, but they didn't know how to handle it...I assume they will work on or fix that this week.

TV played a good game, shot themselves in the foot a couple of times...but, they have a good team and will win some games...don't go in there thinking they will be a push over.

One big sore spot for TV in the stats was ZERO passing yards...once they can get that opened up, things will go better for them i think...but, it was clear the game plan for Grundy was to try to control the clock and run it down their throats...which is pretty much what they did for most of the game...just a few mistakes here and there really cost them.

Grundy vs. Hurley will be a good game to watch...just a lot going on with it this year...both sides are looking forward to it.