Grundy game tonight

short

hurley said theyd win last year too......my prediction is grundy by 14 if they stop bergelowe they stop the whole offence
You must hang around over there in TV country.........I know everyone over there wants to see Hurley lose.....I just glad you guys have a good squad this year......

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hurley said theyd win last year too......my prediction is grundy by 14 if they stop bergelowe they stop the whole offence

How do you get that with the passing game Hurley has? Bergelowe is a huge part of the offense but Cooper and Waynick are two big playmakers that you can't overlook. If you think stopping Bergelowe will win the game for them you have another thing coming. Plus with a extra week to prepare and with Grundy losing to Lebanon, I don't see how you could pick Grundy to win this one.

should be a good game...Grundy was missing McCowan over on the side where Lebanon was running all night and picking up huge chunks...they had a 10th grader playing in his spot I think. Grundy is making a lot of mistakes that can be corrected...turnovers and penalties are killing them right now. As far as the physical play goes, they are matching up better than I thought they would...Grundy will have to stop the run though...and Grundy is a little banged up...if they lose Tyler McClanahan they are going to be hurting. Hurley is coming off the bye week, sometimes that tends to make you a little flat...I think it will be a good game to watch.

How do you get that with the passing game Hurley has? Bergelowe is a huge part of the offense but Cooper and Waynick are two big playmakers that you can't overlook. If you think stopping Bergelowe will win the game for them you have another thing coming. Plus with a extra week to prepare and with Grundy losing to Lebanon, I don't see how you could pick Grundy to win this one.
my prediction of the game grundy-28 hurley-14

Ben rife throws for two,travis runs for one,McClanhan runs from one. bergelowe scores both for hurley. player of the game Dillon O'Quinn who catches two tds for 100+yards

my prediction of the game grundy-28 hurley-14

Ben rife throws for two,travis runs for one,McClanhan runs from one. bergelowe scores both for hurley. player of the game Dillon O'Quinn who catches two tds for 100+yards

Dillon will have to cover Waynick and Ben will have to play center field and watch the run first then go help cover Waynick..he's the only one they have that cover him or has a chance to that I can see....Dillon isn't as tall as Waynick but he can get up in the air good so...that will be an interesting match up to say the least.

Berglowe will run wild...I think it will come down to rookie mistakes and Hurley's defense being able to stop Grundy's offense...if they can get a few stops they have a good chance at winning this game...Grundy has yet to stop the run this year, if that doesn't change soon then the offense will have to really start cranking it up...that will come down to Dillon and Tyler...and Tyler is not 100% right now...so...it's not the best situation for the Wave at the moment, but it's not time to hit the panic button either.

I'm very aware of the rivalery between these two schools. But they are just kids, let them go out and leave it all on the field. You can't say one kid us all they got to do this or cover that. They all make "ONE" team. Good luck to both schools. My prediction is either team by 7, comes down to coaching. Which coach is more willing to take the risks when needed.

You may be correct in your statement there BackwoodsBrawler but the only problem is Grundy gave up 333 yards the ground against Lebanon and also 245 yards rushing to Twin Valley. So far both of Grundy's opponents have racked up a total of 578 yards rushing and get this 0 yards passing. Thats right 0, I believe that stat can be due to the fact that Grundy has shown that they can't stop the run. Thats is why I believe next Friday Hurley will run it down their throats all night. I look for Berglowe to have a big night against his former team.

Dillon will have to cover Waynick and Ben will have to play center field and watch the run first then go help cover Waynick..he's the only one they have that cover him or has a chance to that I can see....Dillon isn't as tall as Waynick but he can get up in the air good so...that will be an interesting match up to say the least.

Berglowe will run wild...I think it will come down to rookie mistakes and Hurley's defense being able to stop Grundy's offense...if they can get a few stops they have a good chance at winning this game...Grundy has yet to stop the run this year, if that doesn't change soon then the offense will have to really start cranking it up...that will come down to Dillon and Tyler...and Tyler is not 100% right now...so...it's not the best situation for the Wave at the moment, but it's not time to hit the panic button either.

What's wrong with McClanahan?

nobody wants to see hurley win besides hurley

That's not true...

Bristol Herald Courier Coach of the Year Greg Tester will have the Rebels going for this one... Grundy walked 9 up in the box on TV and Dillian O'Quinn Walked up and just out athleted TV..... He saved about 5 touchdowns by sprinting to the corner and blowing up TV's sweeps.

Do you A) Walk everyone up in the box and try to take away Bergie and let Austin Cooper pick you apart?

or do you (B) try to guess and bring the blitz or sit back and not show blitz and let Bergie gash and cutback on you b/c Grundy isn't very sure tackling...

I'd like to see that O'Quinn on Waynick matchup, b/c those are two of your best athletes in the district right there.... I believe Waynick's got him on hops and being taller and he has Cooper throwing it to him.

Brandon Davis dials up some solid defense I'll take the Rebel's

Austin Cooper isn't exactly a guy I see sitting back and picking you apart...sure Grundy is undersized and young in their defensive backfield, but if they use Rife, Oquinn and Smith they may give up a couple passes maybe even blow a coverage for a TD from Cooper to Waynick but as far as Cooper going 28 of 34 for 200+ and 3 or 4 TD's I just don't see it happening... Berglowe is the much bigger threat to go 300+ on 30 carries for 4 TD's...

Austin Cooper isn't exactly a guy I see sitting back and picking you apart...sure Grundy is undersized and young in their defensive backfield, but if they use Rife, Oquinn and Smith they may give up a couple passes maybe even blow a coverage for a TD from Cooper to Waynick but as far as Cooper going 28 of 34 for 200+ and 3 or 4 TD's I just don't see it happening... Berglowe is the much bigger threat to go 300+ on 30 carries for 4 TD's...

Cooper is a excellent qb, don't ever doubt that. He has a cannon of an arm, and if he completes a few and gets some confidence he can fit in into windows that aren't even there. Lance, I have a question, who is Grundys backup qb? If they had someone who had experience throwing the ball and running an offense they could put ben rife back at WR and make that offense really dangerous.

That's why they go balanced. They won't have to throw the ball 34 times or rush 30 carries..... Hurley's got something that most people in the District don't.... speed.... Speed kills

Rebel I don't question that Cooper isn't a skilled young man, I question wether or not he can truly fit balls into windows that aren't there...let's be honest this is the BDD and we're talking about Grundy's D...All I'm saying is I'd be willing to bet a decent amount that Berglowe will beat (if they do beat Grundy) them rather than Cooper and Waynick...

I'd agree Hurley has Berglowe who is going to probably be the fastest guy on the field Friday, but I can't imagine Waynick is faster than Smith since Waynick is what like 6 foot 3? If we're purely talking about speed other than Berglowe and the other back Hurley has I don't think speed is much of a factor...and the other back is completely out of the picture this week in most peoples mind and probably in the game plan due to the history of Berglowe and Grundy...

I think Dillon Billiter is the back up QB a sophomore with very little experience, this is a sit back and watch year and learn lots in practice for him...no chance they'd move Rife I don't think. Their O can move the ball with the combo of McClanahan and Travis and Rife throwing it up to Oquinn... it's the D that has been and will kill Grundy. When TWIN VALLEY rushes for 200+ you're in big trouble. Especially when a kid like Berglowe comes to town.

Rebel I don't question that Cooper isn't a skilled young man, I question wether or not he can truly fit balls into windows that aren't there...let's be honest this is the BDD and we're talking about Grundy's D...All I'm saying is I'd be willing to bet a decent amount that Berglowe will beat (if they do beat Grundy) them rather than Cooper and Waynick...

I'd agree Hurley has Berglowe who is going to probably be the fastest guy on the field Friday, but I can't imagine Waynick is faster than Smith since Waynick is what like 6 foot 3? If we're purely talking about speed other than Berglowe and the other back Hurley has I don't think speed is much of a factor...and the other back is completely out of the picture this week in most peoples mind and probably in the game plan due to the history of Berglowe and Grundy...

Bergalowe is not the fastest guy on the field. charles, clabough and gibson are faster than bergalowe.....bergalowe just know how to follow his blockers....I think 25 is the fastest guy on the field and that may be charles

Don't know too many 6'7" guys that can run very fast

they dont need him to run fast...they need him to get 10 to 15 yards up the field and catch a jump ball. QB throws it about 10 ft in the air he is the only one that will come down with it.

If it were me, and it came down to it...I'd take the penalty and level him before i'd let him burn me...pass int is not a spot foul in high school.

have you even seen Waynick? Kid is not slow at all:

IMG_5659.jpg

If you doubt his game and his speed, get yourself out to a game and check him out. Believe you will have a different opinion once you see him.

Oh yeah and by the way he was voted ALL STATE last year. Just figured I would add that.