Grundy game tonight

short

Well sportsguy its hard for me to see how you say cooper had a bad game considering that he would take a snap and after one step he had 1,2 and sometimes 3 defenders already in his face. If you noticed when the rebels let him get passes off he did a very good job but there where very few that he could get off due to the pressure. And I also forgot to add in my previous post that I would like to say congrats to Grundy on a hard fought victory. I would also like to say that waynick played pretty well too and bergelowe also was a victim of hurleys o-line, there where several occasions where there tackles never even layed a finger on the ends;

And would anyone tell me why the QB cant throw the ball away now? Because I noticed once on the grundy sideline cooper threw it out of bounds and he wouldve been way out of a tackle box if that is a rule, but he was called for intentional grounding

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well sportsguy its hard for me to see how you say cooper had a bad game considering that he would take a snap and after one step he had 1,2 and sometimes 3 defenders already in his face. If you noticed when the rebels let him get passes off he did a very good job but there where very few that he could get off due to the pressure. And I also forgot to add in my previous post that I would like to say congrats to Grundy on a hard fought victory. I would also like to say that waynick played pretty well too and bergelowe also was a victim of hurleys o-line, there where several occasions where there tackles never even layed a finger on the ends;

And would anyone tell me why the QB cant throw the ball away now? Because I noticed once on the grundy sideline cooper threw it out of bounds and he wouldve been way out of a tackle box if that is a rule, but he was called for intentional grounding

Im not trying to jump in here and stir up a hornets nest but just an observation; it seems like over the years alot of the Hurley fans talk alot of crap, not just saying "I think the Rebels are gonna win" but saying "the Rebels are gonna win because __________ isint worth a crap and their coach is a jerk, and Hurley is just awesome, etc". Then when Hurley(who has put out some fine teams in the past 6 years or so) gets beat by a better team they get really pissed and take it personal. I dont understand?

And before anyone says anything ive had some very good, calm, intelligent conversations w/ Hurley fans on here but some of Hurleys fans border on Falconman and Southbound status! I just dont understand?

As far as the conversation above, im not really gonna chime in too directly on that one but I will on one point; the pictures. Lance takes some good pics, of all the teams Grundy plays and like this upcomming week teams they dont. I see nothing wrong w/ that, now if he was showing pics of Grundys players sacking Cooper or Grundy scoring TDs then yes that would be wrong. Just bring it down a notch or 3

There has never been a tacklebox rule in the NFHS rulebook as far as intentional grounding goes. If you are going to throw it away, there had better be a receiver in the area.

Whats was your Dads name Lance I may have known him..I graduated in 79.

PS. Games over guys lets move on...

My dad played for Smiley back in the 50's.

side note:

also most of the time i dont get very good pics of the TD's because the majority of them i'm up the field where the line is...every now and then I get lucky. The pics are just random pics, I took over 400 at the Grundy vs. Hurley game and took them of both teams...got some good ones of Cooper, Waynick, Berglowe, and a lot of the Hurley kids as well...I have not even posted them here yet.