Grundy game tonight

short

As a defender you have to try to keep him on the los, youve got 5 yards make 'em count.

Double Waynick and put the Safety in the box to try and contain Berglowe, make Hurleys other players win the game. That would be my approach. I honestly dont know how else to defend that Offense. Assuming you dont have studs on the Dline that can get to the Cooper before he throws it and can get to Berglowe before he gets started.

Edited by redtiger

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a defender you have to try to keep him on the los, youve got 5 yards make 'em count.

Double Waynick and put the Safety in the box to try and contain Berglowe, make Hurleys other players win the game. That would be my approach. I honestly dont know how else to defend that Offense. Assuming you dont have studs on the Dline that can get to the Cooper before he throws it and can get to Berglowe before he gets started.

Grundy hasn't shown much ability to get in the backfield this year on D...mostly because they have had the ball run straight at them and not many passing attempts. I would bet Tester is watching film and licking his chops.

Maybe I came across as doubting Waynicks game and Coopers as well. It's not that I doubt either of their game. Obviously they are both very good, I know this and making it known that I know this.

My point was and I admit I haven't seen Waynick (I know, so shut up about him) Lance is right he isn't going to run past you at a 4.8 speed, he's going to jump and be close to 9 thats NINE FEET tall and catch a ball thrown 10 TEN FEET. So to tie up all the loose ends my posts have been to try to convey that I think the coaches as well as the other players including Waynick and Cooper wouldn't mind letting Berglowe run the ball 30 times for 300 yards and 4 TD's Friday night...that's why I continue to say Waynick and Cooper won't matter Friday, not because they aren't good enough but because they won't be needed...Lance already said Grundy has shown to be weak in the Dline and there to be no worries of them stopping the run game so far...throw in the bad blood of Berglowe leaving Grundy for Hurley and you've got plenty of reason to believe Hurley will run the ball up and down the field with Berglowe all night...

I may be completely wrong and I'm okay with that but my prediction

Hurley hands it to Berglowe no less than 20 times and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 30+. He get's over 200 and wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 as the first number followed by two more digits. With somewhere between 3 and 5 TD's...

Grundy tries to stop the run but has no chance after what they've shown the last two weeks especially going against Berglow with his skill set and his motivation. Coupled with the fact Hurley has had two weeks to study films and prepare for this game. Oh yeah, it's a rivalry game and they're the favorite for the first time in probably forever...Grundy's passing game is the only thing to save face...McClanahan gets about 70 on the ground while travis has somewhere around 50...Rife throws for about 80 with Oquinn catching a majority of those. They will score a time or two but I don't see anymore than 15 points beside the Home on the score board this week.

Hurley 42

Grundy 14

Grundy hasn't shown much ability to get in the backfield this year on D...mostly because they have had the ball run straight at them and not many passing attempts. I would bet Tester is watching film and licking his chops.

A friend of mine said they say the entire coaching staff at the Grundy game last week, so you better believe Tester is gonna have the boys ready.

From what ive seen(watching Cooper and Waynick for the past 2 seasons); Cooper is a very solid QB but isint overly accurate but the coaches dont ask him to be and w/ Waynick he doesent have to be, Waynick isint a great route runner and is usually not open, hes just so tall Cooper throws it up and he goes and gets it.

Not trying to knock either of them, just saying their passing game is very different from the scheme a team like Haysi runs but that doesent make it any less effective or imposing

You must hang around over there in TV country.........I know everyone over there wants to see Hurley lose.....I just glad you guys have a good squad this year......

Correction.. I'm actually kinda pulling for Hurley this week. But I dont think it much matters who I pull for, Hurley is gonna beat the Wave and do it big. Sorry guys, Grundy isn't the best in the county anymore. I honestly dont think Grundy is THAT much better than Twin Valley to be honest. Hurley by at least 30 friday, I'd bet the farm on it.

Correction.. I'm actually kinda pulling for Hurley this week. But I dont think it much matters who I pull for, Hurley is gonna beat the Wave and do it big. Sorry guys, Grundy isn't the best in the county anymore. I honestly dont think Grundy is THAT much better than Twin Valley to be honest. Hurley by at least 30 friday, I'd bet the farm on it.

+1

ahhhh...i love the smell of SH!T talk from the Hurley crowd...every time you guys do it, you turn right around and step in it...lol...so please keep it going guys. Don't forget you did the same thing last year and got a 62-14 beat down....we've got 2 more days left to go...let's hear it...how bad are you going to beat up on big bad Grundy?

ahhhh...i love the smell of SH!T talk from the Hurley crowd...every time you guys do it, you turn right around and step in it...lol...so please keep it going guys. Don't forget you did the same thing last year and got a 62-14 beat down....we've got 2 more days left to go...let's hear it...how bad are you going to beat up on big bad Grundy?

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lance they getting under your skin or you just trying to rep that new signature lol... just kidding.

Should be a good game guys. I watched Grundy and lebanon and if grundy hadn't shot there self in the foot so much that could have went the other way.

I dont think Grundy matches up to good with Hurley this year postiton to position should be Hurleys year to win this one. I'm not gonna talk crap lance just say I hope these kids play a good tough game keep it clean and leave it on the field and can still be friends off of it.

God Bless

grundy goes from 7 point favorite to close game to 30 point asskicking in two weeks. the bandwagon be rolling. and who has hurley played really grundy played a good team and got beat by 3 scores hurley would have got beat by 5

Im not sure if you realize this or not.. but minus a penalty.. Grundy only beat Twin Valley by a touchdown.. granted Twin Valley is the best they've been in years.. but for a team as stellar as your precious Waves it should have been a clobbering right?

Im not sure if you realize this or not.. but minus a penalty.. Grundy only beat Twin Valley by a touchdown.. granted Twin Valley is the best they've been in years.. but for a team as stellar as your precious Waves it should have been a clobbering right?

no...not at all.

come friday at 11 your pickem will have one wrong

Also lets not forget Twin Valley played Grundy tough and then Twin Valley had a hard time beating a very weal Montcalm team. Heck Montcalm might be able to give the big bad Wave a run for their money.

You know Hurley has played football for 60 years with their first season being in 1951. Unfortunately Hurley has been on the short end of the stick in this rivalry. The Rebels won in 1953, 1986, and in 1992. Besides those three seasons Grundy has won every other matchup between the two schools. However I truly believe this is the year that Hurley defeats the Wave. I believe when you look at the two teams on paper Hurley is just the better team. I however am not saying this to be, as Lance put it early, talking SH!T. I am just stating my opinion on the matchup. So to all you Grundy fans you can take that ever how you want to, but it's just my opinion.

i aint trying to piss no one off which seems to be the result when we say that hurley will beat them...i aint "taking shit" as lance put it, im just telling grundy fans that this year your not the best team and hurley unless they beat themselves will win...which could happen this is football, so anything is possible...hurley is better than them this year....they weren't last year, not even close....if grundy wins, good for them, but it would be an upset

I take a little break to welcome a new son to the family and a all-out brawl has broke loose. Oh well.

Hurley 24

Grundy 18

if the tackles protect the c-gaps,Tyler has some help from the other backs, and Cooper has about 100-125 yard passing game.

Grundy 32

Hurley 12

if Grundy blitz the hell thru the c-gaps, Ben has 2td passes, and if Hurley gets down early it will be "here we go again"

You know Hurley has played football for 60 years with their first season being in 1951. Unfortunately Hurley has been on the short end of the stick in this rivalry. The Rebels won in 1953, 1986, and in 1992. Besides those three seasons Grundy has won every other matchup between the two schools. However I truly believe this is the year that Hurley defeats the Wave. I believe when you look at the two teams on paper Hurley is just the better team. I however am not saying this to be, as Lance put it early, talking SH!T. I am just stating my opinion on the matchup. So to all you Grundy fans you can take that ever how you want to, but it's just my opinion.

Hurley and Grundy havn't played every year since 1951. I think there was a long break in the series. The 1986 season was when it was renewed and then there was a recent halt in the series until last year.

I know it happened at least twice last year because they were gonna beat Honaker at the cliff and win the district last year and that didn't work out so well either.. 40-6 i think!! But Hurley does have a good team again and it's a new year, they are a real threat to win the district again. If Grundy can win this game it could really shake up the BDD even more IMO. I'm not a huge fan of smack talk before the kickoff, I just don't like the taste of feet, but I do have to admit it DOES make the forums alot more interesting!

May be deceiving but I saw Lebanon play and I was shocked they beat Grundy like they did, so I gotta give the edge to Hurley on breaking the losing streak 21-16. Who knows, good luck to both of YA'LL ...

Hurley and Grundy havn't played every year since 1951. I think there was a long break in the series. The 1986 season was when it was renewed and then there was a recent halt in the series until last year.

True it has been a on again off again series since it's beginning.