New D 2 power Rankings as of 9/4/11

dawgs95

I dont think union should be number three already. they played richlands close but richland doesnt have the team they had last year ,plus that johnson kid was limitied to what he could do. no disrespect but in the last 5yrs or more appy and pv have stunk it up. so before you go putting them in top ten even theyll have to show me more! riverheads is the class of d2

Edited by greenwavefan#5

Sorry to reference another site G-man but VaPreps has GW longtime fan Glenn Rivers putting up his unofficial numbers if anyone cares.

No problem. GR (on VAPreps) does a good job of getting the numbers together...for the most part...

dont no if anyone of you where at the union game but devon played on d all night and could not stop their # 12 from what i've seen early they could be # 3 in D2. you will see i will go out on a limb now the 5 of spt union goes deep in the playoffs if they do not lose anyone to injuries

dont no if anyone of you where at the union game but devon played on d all night and could not stop their # 12 from what i've seen early they could be # 3 in D2. you will see i will go out on a limb now the 5 of spt union goes deep in the playoffs if they do not lose anyone to injuries

Gonna have to get better as a whole on D can't leave it up to 44 to do it all. We have some out to injury with everyone back healthy and a couple of games uner there belt they will get better (lot of youth on the Blues D).

Can you fairly say that Union shouldn't be #3 and Riverheads should be #1? I assume you have at least watched both teams play. I can assure you that anyone who watched the Union-Richlands game can vouch for their validity. Without a few mishaps on special teams, Union could have won. I'm not taking credit away from Richlands because they are a very physical team, but so is Union. I think we have Clintwood on our schedule for Sept. 30 and I hope after that you will be able to accept that Union is for real. I know Powell Valley and Appalachia have been down for the past few years but things change and so has High school football at Bullit Park.

If you guys remember PV almost beat Richlands a fews years back at B. Park. I feel that year they caught Richlands sleeping b/c Richlands went on to the State game. Also a few years back PV came to Richlands and beat us by 3 or 4 td's and Richlands went on to the semis (but got killed by the Bees). So Richlands don't have the greatest track record aginst PV and the Blues are notorious for not clicking until the 3 or 4th game of the year.This year we sneak out with a win but this turn around I think Union is the real deal but don't be booking a state game appearance or anything yet alot of ball to be played, but I really think they have a good football team.

Guest The Variable

King William doesnt belong up their either...they are from my area.

The amount of central VA schools in this list ought to tell you this list is bunk.

that's right grainger and for anyone at all takeing them for granted that would be a very serious mistake these kids from appy and pv have a point to prove to everyone and i think so far they have and will continue to prove it ! These kids are playing with a tenacity that haven't seen from either school in ten years!

yes i have seen both riverheads and union play . and i have to honestly say that i think riverheads are more experienced and run a very odd offense. hard to prep for, and there schedule is much tougher than most. yes give union credit they have battled two tough teams but really in all honesty union should be tough they have like 20 seniors. we'll see come sept,30th if union is worthy of all the hipe.

Its way to early to talk about how Union will do in the playoffs and how they stack up to teams from other parts of the State. In the end the team will show where they belong in the rankings. I don't pay much attention to rankings as they are usually done by people who have only seen a couple of the teams play. Union played Richlands well and are well balanced on offense and a balanced offence is usually trouble for most of Richlands oponents over the years. Union will win a lot of games and if they get better this year they will definitly make their presence felt in the playoffs. Best of luck to Union, real football fans down that way. They just cheer for thier team and always pay respect to the other team when good football is played.