Graham@Richlands

Nadoball

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im never one to be a smart ass or make a post out of arrogance, but I agree Richlands by 40. They are that good and that capable to do it. No offence to Grahm, I seen yall in a jamboree (yes i know its a jamboree) and Ive seen Richlands live as well.

Richlands 45 Gmen 0

Im never one to be a smart ass or make a post out of arrogance, but I agree Richlands by 40. They are that good and that capable to do it. No offence to Graham

None taken. Graham has JV-size players and tons of inexperience. Going up against a "seasoned" team full of college-size players, the Gs have zero chance. I just hope Coach Mance is classy enough not to hang a huge number on the boys...

Mance is IMO. Give it a couple of years and this will be a good game. Gmen are young and small this season but they are scrappy and dont give up. Next season and the year after will be a better matchup IMO

Yeah....if Mance is smart...and I think he is, he'll have his starters out at half...Even so, Richlands by a bunch...I'll say 49-12. Richlands could name the score in this one, no sense in humiliating anybody however, could very well come back to bite them in a couple years. I'm heading down to Richlands on the 16th to watch them (hopefully) dismantle Pulaski County.

I heard that Remines quit coaching for Graham, also the power I that they run the second half against Tazewell, wasn't even in Willliams playbook. Must be some friction between the coaching staff on the GMen, In the Beaver Game one assistant walked up into the stands, and stayed for the second half. Any thoughts?

I heard that Remines quit coaching for Graham, also the power I that they run the second half against Tazewell, wasn't even in Willliams playbook. Must be some friction between the coaching staff on the GMen, In the Beaver Game one assistant walked up into the stands, and stayed for the second half. Any thoughts?

Where'd you hear this at??? Hardees?

Haven't heard any of this. Didn't see any assistant walk up into the stands....probably just rumors. I saw them run the power I in their first scrimmage against GW, so I don't believe any of that.

Edited by futbolking

Not sure what you're talking about or whether you even know what you're talking about.

Graham had been running from the I-formation and the Spread during the scrimmages and the first game vs. Bluefield, under Coach Williams. They tried the spread vs. Tazewell in the first half and first half of the 3rd Q and it didn't work.

They then switched to the power-I. Once they switched, they moved the ball all over Tazewell.

The only thought I have is that you need to quit trying to stir up $hit...

HomeTownFan...consider this your first, last, and only warning...

Sincerely,

AB#2

aka The outta whack, pot-stirrer

I'm heading down to Richlands on the 16th to watch them (hopefully) dismantle Pulaski County.

I hope they beat them also, so far Richlands has yet to really put it together and play anywhere near a complete game. Being they have only played two games and still managed to win them I wouldn't say they are in bad shape, but there is a lot of improvement to be done if they are gonna go anywhere out of the district once playoffs start.

Don't think you will see Devon running the ball this week either, for that matter don't think you will see him on D that much. We have alot of growing to do especially on D. Correct me if Im wrong but dont we have around 8 underclassmen on D. Personally I think the Pulaski game will be very tough, they played Northside to within 8 points this weekend and Northside is one of the favorites to see playing in december.

Edited by Nadoball

I thought that wishbone look that Graham went to in the second half was the best look they showed against Tazewell, they put the really big fullback in and ran the ball pretty much however they wanted to.

Not meaning any disrespect to Graham , but I agree that they will need Johnson much more in the Pulaski game, and if they need to set him out totally this week then that is what they need to do, and while I am not sure to the exact count, there is a LOT of youth out there for the Blues. Ideally they should get better and more polished with each game they play, which is good cause they are gonna need it all against Pulaski.

I thought that wishbone look that Graham went to in the second half was the best look they showed against Tazewell, they put the really big fullback in and ran the ball pretty much however they wanted to.

That fullback is a freshman....if that's the one you're talking about...Coppollo?

Not meaning any disrespect to Graham , but I agree that they will need Johnson much more in the Pulaski game, and if they need to set him out totally this week then that is what they need to do, and while I am not sure to the exact count, there is a LOT of youth out there for the Blues. Ideally they should get better and more polished with each game they play, which is good cause they are gonna need it all against Pulaski.

I don't think any Graham fan would take offense to that...in fact they would hope for that...Graham is very young and has a lot of growing to to....Richlands will most likely beat them with or without Johnson....Pulaski will be a much stronger opponent and Richlands will want to be operating on all cylinders in that game.

Give Graham 2 more years and they'll be tough to beat, won't have to pull any punches by then, I think.

None taken. Graham has JV-size players and tons of inexperience. Going up against a "seasoned" team full of college-size players, the Gs have zero chance. I just hope Coach Mance is classy enough not to hang a huge number on the boys...

Well Coach Mance has shown for a long time, he will not run the score up. I think our backups & JV guys had almost as much game time as the starters last year, Take a look back at last year's game vs PV, We were up 42-0 early in the 2nd Qtr and the JV and backups played the rest of the game. Final 42-20. Respect for Coach Robbins which was gonna retire at the end of the year. I remember back in the 80's & 90's PV didn't care at all to run the score up on their district opponents.........

"Richlands ran its regular season win streak to 21 straight games with the victory and will host Graham this Friday night at Ernie Hicks Stadium/EMATS Field. It was the G-Men that broke a 33-game regular season win streak by the Blues in 2007 in a game played in Richlands."

Could it be possible again.

Graham forgets the Carlock called Half Back pass on us at the end of the game for 1 final score? I still remember I wonder if Coach Mance does.

I remember that as well, while I can't honestly say it may not be a bit deserving, I am glad Mance has more restraint than I do and I just can't see him running it up, they have their eyes on much bigger prizes and not worth the added risk on injury to people you will really need down the road.

Graham forgets the Carlock called Half Back pass on us at the end of the game for 1 final score? I still remember I wonder if Coach Mance does.

Just to set the record straight...Coach Carlock did not call that play...

"Richlands ran its regular season win streak to 21 straight games with the victory and will host Graham this Friday night at Ernie Hicks Stadium/EMATS Field. It was the G-Men that broke a 33-game regular season win streak by the Blues in 2007 in a game played in Richlands."

Could it be possible again.

No chance, my brother...