BTW...anyone heard from the UT fans since yesterday???

GMan

I thought the Volunteers were going to turn the corner at The Swamp yesterday....

You mean it didn't happen like this?

UT turns the corner tomorrow. Bray is going to light up Florida in the swamp. We are due for a good year.... For UT fans think Bama 95. This is his coming out party. Plus Dooley's orange pants are magic. They could probably cure cancer and fix the national debt crisis at the same time. It's over. He wears the pants..... lights out..... Done.

ACC struggles tomorrow. as usual....

Maryland, Clemson, Miami, and FSU all lose.....

They're probably mourning the loss against a ranked team..not celebrating an "amazing" victory against Ark state

Who coined the victory against Arkansas State "amazing" and who is celebrating?

Fact is, UT fans spent all week hyping their game against Florida as the Vols' "turning the corner" (which I correctly used quotation marks because that is exact language that has come from someone else, unlike the word "amazing" in your post) against Florida and taking shots at and undermining the ACC.

Fact is, that yesterday the ACC didn't struggle "as usual." The ACC went a respectable 2-2 (and 1-0 against the SEC) against 4 very good, ranked football teams and could have conceivably gone 4-0 if the ball had bounced a different way at some point in each of those losses.

Not me dudes, I said that I would be pleasantly suprised if UT won. UT is not there yet, and with the loss of Justin Hunter, I just don't know what to expect now. Guess we'll wait and see.

The reason I havent posted is because GMan deletes my posts.

SWVA Sports Boarders feel free to bash the Sh8* out of Tenn, but prepare to have your posts deleted if you say

anything about the precious Hokies.

I would say more, but it will just be deleted anyway.

Edited by Big Orange 1

Not me dudes, I said that I would be pleasantly suprised if UT won. UT is not there yet, and with the loss of Justin Hunter, I just don't know what to expect now. Guess we'll wait and see.

The reason I havent posted is because GMan deletes my posts.

Me? Delete your posts? Never...

SWVA Sports Boarders feel free to bash the Sh8* out of Tenn, but prepare to have your posts deleted if you say anything about the precious Hokies.

I've been critical of VT, very hard and very often. Never had a post deleted, and since I'm in the Top 5 of post counts on this site, that's saying something.

Yeah, no freedom of speech on here. Effn. hipocritical BS.

LOL. You kidding? He who owns this site makes the rules. This is technically a private forum, champ...

Who coined the victory against Arkansas State "amazing" and who is celebrating?

Fact is, UT fans spent all week hyping their game against Florida as the Vols' "turning the corner" (which I correctly used quotation marks because that is exact language that has come from someone else, unlike the word "amazing" in your post) against Florida and taking shots at and undermining the ACC.

Took "amazing" from a few facebook posts, and misread it on the chatboard. It might have noen as much you guys, but if you knew the people I knew, who are "true" hokie fans, you would have thought they won the NC yesterday.

Did anyone watch the whole Tennessee-UF game? I watched about 75% of it, and what I seen is within 2 years UT will be tough. Their offense lost their playmaking WR in the first 5 minutes which hurt a lot. Their running game and Defense needs improvements though.

Tennessee played very well for a team that started one senior on offense. Hunter getting hurt killed us, but with him the outcome would have been the same. Still headed down to watch them play Buffalo in 2 weeks. Things are looking up though. GO VOLS!!!

Took "amazing" from a few facebook posts, and misread it on the chatboard. It might have noen as much you guys, but if you knew the people I knew, who are "true" hokie fans, you would have thought they won the NC yesterday.

Then those aren't "true" Hokie fans, those are goobers.

UT has more than their fair share as well.

If I'm speaking on behalf of VT, we beat Ark State, we got Thomas some throwing reps at QB, it wasn't exactly pretty but we'll accept it. Moving on.

Did anyone watch the whole Tennessee-UF game? I watched about 75% of it, and what I seen is within 2 years UT will be tough. Their offense lost their playmaking WR in the first 5 minutes which hurt a lot. Their running game and Defense needs improvements though.

You must know some of the worst VT fans around. I am friends with quite a few Tech fans and they all took the win for what it was...glad we won, excited about the progress we saw in some of our players, but we know it wasn't anything to brag about. I seriously can't see why any VT fan would call this an "amazing" win...I could see them saying it about a particular player's performance, but not the overall win. Just my opinion.

You must know some of the worst VT fans around. I am friends with quite a few Tech fans and they all took the win for what it was...glad we won, excited about the progress we saw in some of our players, but we know it wasn't anything to brag about. I seriously can't see why any VT fan would call this an "amazing" win...I could see them saying it about a particular player's performance, but not the overall win. Just my opinion.

Yep, this.

I got pretty bored during the 4th quarter actually. Tech took care of business; bring on Marshall.

No way is VT a top 25 team right now. They've got to get crisper on offense. Now I will give some props to Ark St. as I think they were the best team VT has played to date, but the 2nd half was a snooze fest. VT still has dropped some offensive linemen due to injury. The 1st team defense is very good though.

UT will continue to struggle until they find some balance in the running game. Thought that their defense played well considering they were on the field a long time during the first half. Score could have been much worse. UT is still going to have growing pains. I think that Coach Dooley is on the right track.

VT is going to have to get the offense going in order to play with some of their competition down the road. Defense does win championships and Tech does that as well as anyone. I just think if they get into a shoot out, it will be hard for Tech's offense to overcome the problems they have.

No way is VT a top 25 team right now. They've got to get crisper on offense. Now I will give some props to Ark St. as I think they were the best team VT has played to date, but the 2nd half was a snooze fest. VT still has dropped some offensive linemen due to injury. The 1st team defense is very good though.

You could tell VT was trying to get LT more throwing reps. We could've easily put up 40 or more points if we really thought we needed to. We had a comfortable lead and worked LT on some passes. It was boring but I'm not opposed to it.

1st team D has looked good but we'll find out for sure when Tahj Boyd comes to town.

You could tell VT was trying to get LT more throwing reps. We could've easily put up 40 or more points if we really thought we needed to. We had a comfortable lead and worked LT on some passes. It was boring but I'm not opposed to it.

1st team D has looked good but we'll find out for sure when Tahj Boyd comes to town.

They put up 66 in week 1. I guess there was a need to do so then?

I was hoping for a different outcome. I think the game would have been alot different if Hunter wouldn't have went down in the first series. My post was in fun. But I guess you all thought I really did think Dooley's pants could cure cancer.....

This team is extremely young and talented. But can't afford to lose any of their best players. I mean they have lost three of the top 5 players on the team. Jackson, Hunter, and Lathers. We are going to be alright. But losing Hunter really kills the offense. FL just doubled Darick and that was it. We didn't have anyone else other than true freshmen and that isn't going to beat the gators in the swamp.

But what I think is funny is a VT fan talking crap about anyone losing to the gators at home. I mean who did you all beat this week Rural Retreat? Who you got next Pocahontas? I mean what do you think your record would be with our schedule? I am not saying UT (now) is better than Tech. But Tech doesn't need to be talking crap at all..... Not when you don't even have a ranked team scheduled.....

I was hoping for a different outcome. I think the game would have been alot different if Hunter wouldn't have went down in the first series. My post was in fun. But I guess you all thought I really did think Dooley's pants could cure cancer.....

This team is extremely young and talented. But can't afford to lose any of their best players. I mean they have lost three of the top 5 players on the team. Jackson, Hunter, and Lathers. We are going to be alright. But losing Hunter really kills the offense. FL just doubled Darick and that was it. We didn't have anyone else other than true freshmen and that isn't going to beat the gators in the swamp.

But what I think is funny is a VT fan talking crap about anyone losing to the gators at home. I mean who did you all beat this week Rural Retreat? Who you got next Pocahontas? I mean what do you think your record would be with our schedule? I am not saying UT (now) is better than Tech. But Tech doesn't need to be talking crap at all..... Not when you don't even have a ranked team scheduled.....

Clemson and GT are ranked. At least, in the AP Poll. For now.

And what VT fans are talking crap?

Edited by deuceswild

Clemson and GT are ranked. At least, in the AP Poll. For now.

And what VT fans are talking crap?

Clemson did look pretty good yesterday but Auburns D is horrible..... Tech has a cake walk. You know it and so does everyone else in the country. There isn't any doubt IMO that before Hunters injury UT would have went unbeaten playing your schedule. Along with about 5 other SEC teams.... I mean the only halfway decent team you play on the road is GT.....

Come on man..... Starting a thread titled "....anyone heard from the UT fans since yesterday?" isn't talking crap? Bet I could start a thread after Tech loses to the next top 10 or top 5 team they play and I would have my post deleted or be banned for two weeks (already happened).....

You all like to dish it out but can't take it....

Edited by VOL61

Clemson did look pretty good yesterday but Auburns D is horrible..... Tech has a cake walk. You know it and so does everyone else in the country. There isn't any doubt IMO that before Hunters injury UT would have went unbeaten playing your schedule. Along with about 5 other SEC teams.... I mean the only halfway decent team you play on the road is GT.....

Come on man..... Starting a thread titled "....anyone heard from the UT fans since yesterday?" isn't talking crap? Bet I could start a thread after Tech loses to the next top 10 or top 5 team they play and I would have my post deleted or be banned for two weeks (already happened).....

You all like to dish it out but can't take it....

Oh yeah. Well it's more fun to pick on you guys. By far. UVA doesn't even get this uptight and they pride themselves on uptightedness.

And yeah, our schedule is easy. But we can only play the games on our schedule. Sorry.

I'll give credit to UT. I think Bray is good. There, see.

Oh yeah. Well it's more fun to pick on you guys. By far. UVA doesn't even get this uptight and they pride themselves on uptightedness.

And yeah, our schedule is easy. But we can only play the games on our schedule. Sorry.

I'll give credit to UT. I think Bray is good. There, see.

We don't, but we're used to it, and can just unload the applicable stats when you bash us.

0, 0, 0, 1-3, 1-26, etc. ;)