Clintwood versus Union

wave316

Wow ! What a game tonight! Union got off to a fast stat and took a 20-0 lead with 10 minutes still left in the 2nd quarter due to Wave turnovers ..The Wave got a touchdown before the half and was down 20-7 at halftime. Coach Mullins got the Wave fired up in the locker room and the 2nd half was all Wave.. Clintwood scored 23 unanswerd points and was up 30 to 20 .Union stopped the Wave from scoring again and then drove 98 yds to make it 30-26 . A failed onside kicked allowed Clintwood to run out the clock.Final score 30-26.

Clintwood played with incredible passion in the second half and shut down the Bears offense. The Bears did not make a Pat ..so they need work there. The backs of Union played well ,as well as Clintwoods.. My MVP goes to Gavin Meade #11 ..what a work horse he is! Also the Wave defense played super in the second half!:)

My hat is off to the greenwave. Coming back from 20 to 0 and win 30 to 26! Union played the first half real well but Clintwood owned the second half! Number 11 is heck of a ball player! He was hard to stop on both sides of the ball. Just as I have said on other posts. That game came down to the last few seconds of the 4th quarter and was well worth 5 bucks. Congrats to the Wave and my hat is off to yall

An absolute marvel of a high school football game. I was amazed at the heart that Clintwood showed.

Before the game started i said if Clintwood comes out of the gates flat, which has kinda been their MO, that it would be a LOOONG night. The first half of this game was a prime example. Union dominated on both sides of the ball. Their speed on the edges is amazing and alot of fun to watch the Wing Sweeps they run. They run them nearly to perfection. Their D forced a couple turnovers and they capitalized on them quickly.

The 2nd half as was mentioned was the other side of this coin. Clintwood finally started to stop the sweep plays and came out with a power running game going right off the hip of the Center and they dominated from that point out.

Very glad i stuck it out. (Honestly was about to walk out at halftime) The weather was nasty. Rainy and cold. However being a Clintwood grad i am very happy about the fact that i stuck around and caught the end of the game.

I will say that hopefully the cards dont fall that we have to play this team again. On a dry field the speed tehy have on the edges is only going to be a step faster.

Union is a very good football team and is going to cause problems for anyone they play this year.

A tip of the hat to everyone that participated in teh contest. You all deserved the W

My thoughts on the game are as follows......Turnovers were the catalyst for Both teams......CWoods running game looked to be back to what was expected preseason however they had issues with the passing game(But still used it enough to prevent Union from selling out on Run D........Union came out with a new wrinkle to there "T" and killed CWood with the Quick Pitch on there 1st Drive at that point CWood made adjustments and stoped it leaving Union with there Passing game which at Times looked really good but it seems that CWoods early games vs Passing teams really paid off in that the Pass D was able to come up with 4 picks........As the game wore on the Size of the CWood line and backs started taking its toll on the Union D which is athletic but outside of Orr are on the small side.

IMHO if CWood wants to make a true run into the playoffs they NEED to work on the passing game more......If Union wants to they need to get #23 the ball more (I thought they looked the best running him out of the spread with a Real passing threat to keep defenders out of the box)

Friday night's game was one you could of taken someone who was not a Football lover to and start their romance for the game. Two very well Coached Team's, obviously both these Coaching staff's do more for these kid's then just learning the game of Football, and as a fan of the game I thank you for that Coach's.

It was a four quarter game that neither Team quit in, the sportsmanship and respect that these two Team's showed for each other was fantastic. Player's of both squads gave it all they had. Union is a tough Team with a lot of good Athlete's and will build off this season and become....remain a strong program. Clintwood got down early in this game and like a toddler getting older remembered to get back up, what I like most about the Wave is how well they all get along with each other through the good and bad. No excuses have come out of that locker room about the early season losses and now have become healthy and Football conditioned, this Team is very talented and has a lot of depth in the back field.....with five more games remaining in the regular season they will continue to improve and the day's of being a toddler will be far in the past and the hopes of winning the BIG game will be believable. This Friday night Gavan may have more Yard's than Graham, if Clintwood can contain him, Lee's Defense will have a harder time stopping a healthy Gavan than Clintwood will having "getting" to Graham. Clintwood will be able to control the clock with their inside running game and keep the ball away from the General's. Weather sound's Good, and the crowd's are Growing and the Greenwave is no longer a toddler........not only did they get up and start walking they realized they can Run and they are good at it! Wave 42 Lee 28

Friday night's game was one you could of taken someone who was not a Football lover to and start their romance for the game. Two very well Coached Team's, obviously both these Coaching staff's do more for these kid's then just learning the game of Football, and as a fan of the game I thank you for that Coach's.

It was a four quarter game that neither Team quit in, the sportsmanship and respect that these two Team's showed for each other was fantastic. Player's of both squads gave it all they had. Union is a tough Team with a lot of good Athlete's and will build off this season and become....remain a strong program. Clintwood got down early in this game and like a toddler getting older remembered to get back up, what I like most about the Wave is how well they all get along with each other through the good and bad. No excuses have come out of that locker room about the early season losses and now have become healthy and Football conditioned, this Team is very talented and has a lot of depth in the back field.....with five more games remaining in the regular season they will continue to improve and the day's of being a toddler will be far in the past and the hopes of winning the BIG game will be believable. This Friday night Gavan may have more Yard's than Graham, if Clintwood can contain him, Lee's Defense will have a harder time stopping a healthy Gavan than Clintwood will having "getting" to Graham. Clintwood will be able to control the clock with their inside running game and keep the ball away from the General's. Weather sound's Good, and the crowd's are Growing and the Greenwave is no longer a toddler........not only did they get up and start walking they realized they can Run and they are good at it! Wave 42 Lee 28

Gavin Meade had 292 yards rushing and 4 tds on Union. Just curious how many yards did Tyler Graham have on the Union Bears defense? Noticed against Central that Lee had 0 yds passing...does Lee have a passing game at all? It should be a great game Friday... Union plays Sullivan North and that should be a dandy also.