Miami @ VT

Ryan4VT

Miami rolls into Blacksburg on Saturday. I know it's early in the season, but does anyone else feel like this is a "must win" game for the Hokies? Miami is very beatable, but if we lose we put ourselves in a huge hole in trying to get to Charlotte. I don't think as of this point they have announced the game time yet. Should be a good one. Thought? Snarky criticisms of LT? (had to throw it in there, lol) Predections?

Miami rolls into Blacksburg on Saturday. I know it's early in the season, but does anyone else feel like this is a "must win" game for the Hokies? Miami is very beatable, but if we lose we put ourselves in a huge hole in trying to get to Charlotte. I don't think as of this point they have announced the game time yet. Should be a good one. Thought? Snarky criticisms of LT? (had to throw it in there, lol) Predections?

1. Not a must-win, if getting to the Orange Bowl is your goal (and it should be).

2. Yep, very beatable. If UMD can do it...

3. Thomas deserves the snarky criticisms. I'm wearing myself out. ;)

Prediction: VT-22, Miami-14

1. Not a must-win, if getting to the Orange Bowl is your goal (and it should be).

2. Yep, very beatable. If UMD can do it...

3. Thomas deserves the snarky criticisms. I'm wearing myself out. ;)

Prediction: VT-22, Miami-14

1- Umm, yeh it is a must win if getting to the Orange Bowl is the goal...two losses in the conference with GT in our division (with VT playing at GT this year), winning the division will be out of reach...

2- Maryland beat Miami with how many Miami players suspended??? Miami will be at full strength vs. VT...all players will be back...

Miami 24 VT 13

Unless Tech looks much better than they did against Clemson, and Im not sure its possible to look that much better in a week, then I see Tech dropping 2 games in a row, they could easily lose 3-5 games this year unless they really improve a lot.

1- Umm, yeh it is a must win if getting to the Orange Bowl is the goal...two losses in the conference with GT in our division (with VT playing at GT this year), winning the division will be out of reach...

2- Maryland beat Miami with how many Miami players suspended??? Miami will be at full strength vs. VT...all players will be back...

Miami 24 VT 13

1. Uh, not really, considering that GT plays Clemson and has enough holes in the defense to lose to Miami. BTW, you wouldn't have 2 losses "in your division", you would have 1: Clemson's on the opposite side of the conference. Geez, I thought Hokies were supposed to follow football...

2. Do you realize how terrible Maryland is? Worse than us. Plus, the players coming back are rusty to game action.

1. Uh, not really, considering that GT plays Clemson and has enough holes in the defense to lose to Miami. BTW, you wouldn't have 2 losses "in your division", you would have 1: Clemson's on the opposite side of the conference. Geez, I thought Hokies were supposed to follow football...

2. Do you realize how terrible Maryland is? Worse than us. Plus, the players coming back are rusty to game action.

1- I didn't mean two losses to divisional opponents, I meant two losses in the race to win the Coastal division. VT can't afford another loss in a divisional race to win the Coastal with having to play at GT later this season.

2- Yes, Maryland is bad however Miami had what, 11 players suspended for that game??? Maryland had everything going for them on that one night: national TV, new unis which pumped up all the Maryland faithful, Miami was extremely short-handed and inexperienced, and Maryland's QB had his career game. And they barely won...got lucky to win...

I just read the Miami will be down a DT with Marcus Fortson out with a knee. They lost a starting LB Ramon Buchanan last week to a knee as well. On the plus side they do get Ray-Ray Armstrong back.

Yahoo Sports had this to say about Miami's run D; "Stopping the run has been a major trouble spot for Miami this year. The Hurricanes rank 105th out of 120 major-college teams in rushing yards allowed per game (202.3) and 106th nationally in yards allowed per carry (5.0). And the Hokies have one of the nation’s top backs in David Wilson, who is averaging 127.8 yards per game this season on the ground."

Geez, I thought Hokies were supposed to follow football...

Wait, there are other divisions?

We usually just win a bunch of games and then at the end they keep inviting us to more games. It's REALLY fun and cool.

Didn't get to watch this one. I was in knoxville for that mess. Did Thomas play as good as his stats look? Sounded like a great game.

23 of 25 with a drop and a throw away. Two rushing TDs and two passing.

Thought he had 3 passing?

Yep he did. The first was a long one to start the second quarter to Coale, the second was a short one to Wilson, and the third was the 60 yarder to Boykin after the Miami kick-off that went out of bounds.

Yep he did. The first was a long one to start the second quarter to Coale, the second was a short one to Wilson, and the third was the 60 yarder to Boykin after the Miami kick-off that went out of bounds.

I was quite sure he threw 3. But when Hacker said 2 I started to doubt myself, lol.

What was the difference this week compared to Clemson? Almost seems like a different player. Was it the gameplan or was it just an off day against Clemson? I know Clemson is good but you just wouldn't think the offense would see that big a turn around in one week.

What did Wison do?

What was the difference this week compared to Clemson? Almost seems like a different player. Was it the gameplan or was it just an off day against Clemson? I know Clemson is good but you just wouldn't think the offense would see that big a turn around in one week.

What did Wison do?

I think it was a combination effect of Miami's D being a little bit weaker than Clemsons, as well as Thomas taking the Clemson loss personal and wanting to prove everyone wrong against Miami.

What did Wison do?

Play calling had a lot to do with it, IMO. This week was MUCH better.