Blue tornado fans

#1bluedemons

Did richlands pull the starters when they were up on pulaskico? Do you think they have a chance vs. Christiansburg ? What will the score be. My guess is cburg 35 pulaski 17

Just don't get complacent after halftime and it'll be a walk in the park. We were up pretty big at half and I feel we got a little lax and allowed them back in the game. You guys will win, but don't think they are out of it if you are ahead of it by 3-4 tds.

Until Patrick County, Pulaski County was the worst team we played. The looked like deer in the head lights.

Maybe in the first half, but their kids played with a lot of heart and played hard the 2nd half ! Totally different team from one half to the other, but some of that may have been the blues lack of focus after the big lead.

But their kids did not quit !

Guest lookoutmountain

Pulaski played hard the second half, but that doesn't make you a good team. Pulaski was in fact, the second worst team Richlands has played other than Patrick County.

I seen some bright spots with Pulaski personally, especially their second half play. One thing that stands out to me they played with Radford, Northside, and they took Magna Vista to the wire. If this team puts all 4 quarters together the could sneak up and bite someone.

Pulaski played hard the second half, but that doesn't make you a good team. Pulaski was in fact, the second worst team Richlands has played other than Patrick County.

That may be true, but you have to also look at how they played against some other teams that are considered to be good teams as Nado pointed out. They lost all those games, but they did play some teams that are ranked pretty high in the state tough.

Anyway, I never stated weather I thought they were a good team or not, I just stated what I saw against Richlands. I just liked the fact that their kids just didn't hang their heads and give up at a tough place to play against a very good team when it would have been easy for them to quit. I have seen other teams quit after the blues jumped on them like that.

But I doubt that CB will have any problems with them.

One thing I noticed in the second half of that game is that Richlands only passed the ball a couple times. In the first half, Reece was picking them apart with the passing game. I think Coach Mance decided to work on his running game with different backs in the game after he had the game in hand. This is my thinking on the second half. What's yours?

“Give the Pulaski County coaches credit,†Richlands head coach Greg Mance said. “They went in and made adjustments and had us on our heels. But, I couldn’t be happier with the first half. It’s the best we’ve played.â€

link to above: http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x1660696216/Blue-Tornado-takes-early-lead-outlasts-Cougars

Second year Coach Todd Jones of Pulaski (former coach at Essex and his record there 135-34 ) has the program headed in the right direction.

The MV game certainly had to be a confidence "booster" for the players and their coaches. The Cougar fans have to be mostly pleased with the progress they're seeing from their team each week. A good coach and staff are a must for a football team's success and Pulaski seems to be on that road.

I'm guessing teams in their region are taking notice of the the Cougars recent efforts and starting to re-evaluate their perception (rightly so) of the surging Pulaski Cougars.

Until Patrick County, Pulaski County was the worst team we played. They looked like deer in the head lights.

I think just the opposite. I think Pulaski County has been the best team we have played. We jumped on them pretty quick and piled on some points. They fought back in the 2nd half. They play a brutal schedule. Radford, Northside, Magna Vista, Richlands, Salem, Cave Spring, Christiansburg, PH-Roanoke. They will end up pulling a major upset before the end of the season. In my opinion, if any of the other teams that we play, played their schedule, they would also be winless.

I think just the opposite. I think Pulaski County has been the best team we have played. We jumped on them pretty quick and piled on some points. They fought back in the 2nd half. They play a brutal schedule. Radford, Northside, Magna Vista, Richlands, Salem, Cave Spring, Christiansburg, PH-Roanoke. They will end up pulling a major upset before the end of the season. In my opinion, if any of the other teams that we play, played their schedule, they would also be winless.

I was just about to say the same thing

Very well stated, that's one of the points I wanted to make and didn't do a good job at it.