2011 Group A State Golf Tournament

sixcat

I don't have all the scores yet from Heritage Oaks Golf Club in Harrisonburg but what I have is as follows...

294 - Galax

306 - Union

309 - Graham

310 - William Monroe

311 - Appomattox

John Bryant of Galax shot an opening round 66 and is tied for first. Matthew Downey, Eddie Hanks, John Alouf, Ben Hill and Travis Cockerham are a special group of seniors for Galax. This is their forth consecutive state tournament appearance and they have brought home gold as freshmen and juniors.

I know all those kids from Galax as they all have participated on the Blue Ridge Junior Golf Tour at one point or another. An excellent group for sure!

Good luck to both Galax and Graham tomorrow...would love to see a 1-2 finish!

I know all those kids from Galax as they all have participated on the Blue Ridge Junior Golf Tour at one point or another. An excellent group for sure!

Good luck to both Galax and Graham tomorrow...would love to see a 1-2 finish!

Almost. Galax 598, Union 616, Graham 616. Union beat Graham on the first playoff hole (6 guys each team) for runner-up. Galax had five seniors go out with three state titles and a runner-up finish. State title stays in Region C for sixth straight year, 10 of last 12.