is this sign still up?

Not sure if its still there but its at the stoplight coming off of College Drive onto Rt. 720...right next to the Town of Bluefield video message board. I'll be going by there today and will look to see if its still there.

inline-hanlon-sign.jpg

is this sign still up? where is it? i've never seen it lol.

I give myself a facepalm every time I see that sign.

1. His name shouldn't be in quotations. Almost makes it sound like that's his nickname.

2. Super Bowl is obviously two words, both capitalized.

3. The 1990s called, it wants its font and layouts back.

1. His name shouldn't be in quotations. Almost makes it sound like that's his nickname.

All valid criticisms. If I had done the sign the Town Seal would have been replaced with G Stars, but that's just me. As for putting the sign up in the first place, that is a topic for another day.

I punch my steering wheel every time I see those damned quotations. Is it vandalizing if you're correcting a punctuation error?

not taking anything away from Bradshaw, but it seems odd that there is sign for him and no sign for Bill Dudley who is in the pro football hall of fame (unless I just haven't seen it).

not taking anything away from Bradshaw, but it seems odd that there is sign for him and no sign for Bill Dudley who is in the pro football hall of fame (unless I just haven't seen it).

dlaw...you make an interesting and valid point...

That would make sense, but common sense doesn't quite win here in good old Bluefield...

Better yet, steal the idea Wytheville uses. They created a Wall of Fame in Wither's Park that recognizes successful folks from the community both past and present. I believe they have established criteria for nomination and have a selection committee that votes folks in on an annual basis.

I get concerned when things are named for someone and future generations don't know who they are and why it is named for them.