RIP Dan Weldon

Rhschamps04

Not sure how many indycar fans there are on this board but dan weldon was one of the best on the track he died today following a very sever crash at the las vegas speedway. One of the worst crashes i have seen just a very sad day for race fans.

I'm not a real big racing fan anymore but i think anyone who doesn't live under a rock knew who Dan Weldon was, that was a horrible crash and it's a shame when the racing community loses one of their own that way.

i watched an ESPN video earlier and they said he didn't have a full time ride this year??? Is that correct? How do you win a championship then within a few years not have a ride? That didn't sound right to me? Anyone know?

Very sad day...hate to see anyone get killed on the track like that. RIP.

i watched an ESPN video earlier and they said he didn't have a full time ride this year??? Is that correct? How do you win a championship then within a few years not have a ride? That didn't sound right to me? Anyone know?

Very sad day...hate to see anyone get killed on the track like that. RIP.

He didn't have a ride. He had semi-retired until a month or so before the Indy 500. Sad, sad day.

He had signed a deal with Andretti Racing last night or this morning as well to replace Danica in the GoDaddy car next year. May God be with his family and friends.

How heart-breaking. From the ultimate up to the ultimate down in 24 hours......I feel for his family. Maybe things like this will make the haters understand that it Is a sport.

It is sad and a miracle that this doesn't happen more often in Indy car...open wheels, open cockpit, and 200+mph is a recipe for disaster...

Absolutely. Indy cars are little more than metal LEGOs. Plus, those cars are rockets if any air slip gets in under them. Fun races to watch, but never something I'd let any of my children do. RIP Dan. Dominant driver, gut-wrenching ending.

How heart-breaking. From the ultimate up to the ultimate down in 24 hours......I feel for his family. Maybe things like this will make the haters understand that it Is a sport.

Just curious, what does him dying have to do with it being called a sport?