Surprises tonight..

wave316

John Battle beating Honaker 22-19 and Lebanon 44 -20 over Lee are surprising tonight...also Haysi scoring just 8 points in losing 14-8 to Hurley. Grayson blocks a punt for a saftey to beat Ft. Chiswell --41-40-- Congrats to Ft Chiswell for a great game.

High school football sure is hard to figure out,how many gave Hurley a chance of beating Haysi? The Grayson,Clintwood game is even harder to figure out.Did Clintwood take their Jr. High to Grayson County? Seems like to me that with Clintwoods schedule and the way they have been beating up on those teams,the best AAA team in the state could not have beaten them the way Grayson did.What happened?

My understanding was Clintwood went up there and just didnt have their heads in the game. The way I hear it Clintwood wouldnt have beaten Grayson either way but if they would have played up to their potential they would have made it alot closer

My understanding was Clintwood went up there and just didnt have their heads in the game. The way I hear it Clintwood wouldnt have beaten Grayson either way but if they would have played up to their potential they would have made it alot closer

Weird year tho, Grundy beat Hurley,Haysi beat Grundy,Hurley beat Haysi but lost to Grundy.

Seems like to me that with Clintwoods schedule and the way they have been beating up on those teams,the best AAA team in the state could not have beaten them the way Grayson did.What happened?

it was the Twilight Zone in Independence that night. everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Clintwood got behind, then shellshock sit in. Grayson is very good, but not 8 tds in the first half good. it was very surreal. really kinda unexplainable.

against Hazard, Clintwood only gave up two offensive tds. kickoff return and a pick six doomed Clintwood that night. Hazard had scored four or more tds in every game for two years (not counting their state championship loss). really, Clintwood could've beat Hazard. the Grayson County game, however, was just a plain ol' weird eye opening event.

Clintwood hasn't lost since.

Its been a crazy season. As far as the BDD goes I thought it was gonna be really close this season; Honaker as the favorite and TV at the bottom w/ Haysi/Hurley/Grundy all mixed up in the middle.

So what are the BDD standings now?

Haysi 2-1

Hurley 2-1

TV 0-3

Honaker 2-0

Grundy 2-1

Im not sure if thats right.

I really think Haysi can beat Honaker, if so were looking at a 3-way tie. Maybe 4-way?

just a guess here .... but it looks as if Grayson County came into this game thinking "easy win" and taking Fort Chiswell much too lightly. Actually, I would have liked to have seen Fort Chiswell win this game after playing so hard. This has me concerned for Graham's chances of winning now. Any thoughts?

just a guess here .... but it looks as if Grayson County came into this game thinking "easy win" and taking Fort Chiswell much too lightly. Actually, I would have liked to have seen Fort Chiswell win this game after playing so hard. This has me concerned for Graham's chances of winning now. Any thoughts?

The game is at Fort Chiswell....their losses have come to 3 undefeated teams and 1 one loss team.... Graham's got a ton of heart and they did use Aderrius Jackson and Lamont Edwards on offense a lot more against Bland last night....I say Graham pulls out all the stops, because it's do or die for them in terms of earning a playoff spot. They've improved all year long....I think Graham makes this one interesting....possible upset.

Its been a crazy season. As far as the BDD goes I thought it was gonna be really close this season; Honaker as the favorite and TV at the bottom w/ Haysi/Hurley/Grundy all mixed up in the middle.

So what are the BDD standings now?

Haysi 2-1

Hurley 2-1

TV 0-3

Honaker 2-0

Grundy 2-1

Im not sure if thats right.

I really think Haysi can beat Honaker, if so were looking at a 3-way tie. Maybe 4-way?

Hurley is actually only 1-2 as they lost to Grundy and Honaker and they defeated Haysi

Haysi scoring just 8 points in losing 14-8 to Hurley.

High school football sure is hard to figure out,how many gave Hurley a chance of beating Haysi?

I m so tired of hearing this, this is all I have heard since Friday night is people talking about how it was such a shocker that Hurley won. With most of these comments coming from people from Grundy, of course!!! The only reason Grundy fans are saying it's a surprise that the Rebels defeated Haysi is because Grundy beat Hurley and then Haysi came to Grundy and destroyed them. Just go to show you that if the Rebels played Grundy right now it would be a whole different ballgame. Grundy gave up 44 points to Haysi which by the way all came before halftime, while Hurley held Haysi to just 8 points. In my opinion it's not a surprise, we defeated Haysi last year badly on their home field and this year beat them at The Cliff. I wished everyone would quit talking like it's unbelievable that Hurley won. I talked to some of the boys after the game and believe me they knew that everyone in the Mountaineer picked against them, they knew what the prediction in the Bristol was, and they knew what people on here was saying especially those people on the other side of the mountain. Something else I have found funny is how some people thought the grass was greener on the other side of the mountain and now they set over there at 5-3 and the Rebels are 5-3 as well while it looks like the Rebels have a good chance to go 7-3 while Grundy still have a whoopin coming from the Honaker Tigers!!!

I meant to put 1-2, just got my #s turned around.

I personally felt Haysi was the better team(I still do, Haysi left atleast 18 points on the field due to dropped TD passes) but I knew it was gonna be tough for Haysi to beat Hurley and that execution would make the difference in the game. I know I didnt feel that Haysi was a whole lot better than the Rebels. I was personally shocked that everyone thought Hurley was that bad, the team I saw was solid.

Edited by redtiger

I meant to put 1-2, just got my #s turned around.

I personally felt Haysi was the better team(I still do, Haysi left atleast 18 points on the field due to dropped TD passes) but I knew it was gonna be tough for Haysi to beat Hurley and that execution would make the difference in the game. I know I didnt feel that Haysi was a whole lot better than the Rebels. I was personally shocked that everyone thought Hurley was that bad, the team I saw was solid.

if you dont remember Hurley was also in the redzone 2 times and had 2 turnovers. I believe they left around 14 points that they should have had...also a TD was called back on Hurley. Just happy for our guys and our coaches....Haysi is a good football team and will make some noise in the playoffs and i look for them to give Honaker all they want.

Haysi also had a pass knocked away by Waynick on which the Corner was beaten by 10 yards, if the balls thrown a little more outside its a TD. Dropped passes in the endzone are a little different than redzone turnovers.

I think Haysi will fare well against Honaker and may give whoever they play in the 1st round all they can handle. Hurley may also do pretty well, they have the playmakers to make a game of it against any of the D1 West teams.

I see Haysi drawing a higher seed than 15 and not having to play the 1 or 2 seed(whoever that ends up being). That would mean a much more managable opponent.

I think Haysi could play w/ JI Burton, Honaker, Clintwood or any other team from the West, outside of Galax and George Wythe. That is if Haysi executes on offense and thew defense continues to hold. I dont know that they can win but they can make a game of it imo.

I m so tired of hearing this, this is all I have heard since Friday night is people talking about how it was such a shocker that Hurley won. With most of these comments coming from people from Grundy, of course!!! The only reason Grundy fans are saying it's a surprise that the Rebels defeated Haysi is because Grundy beat Hurley and then Haysi came to Grundy and destroyed them. Just go to show you that if the Rebels played Grundy right now it would be a whole different ballgame. Grundy gave up 44 points to Haysi which by the way all came before halftime, while Hurley held Haysi to just 8 points. In my opinion it's not a surprise, we defeated Haysi last year badly on their home field and this year beat them at The Cliff. I wished everyone would quit talking like it's unbelievable that Hurley won. I talked to some of the boys after the game and believe me they knew that everyone in the Mountaineer picked against them, they knew what the prediction in the Bristol was, and they knew what people on here was saying especially those people on the other side of the mountain. Something else I have found funny is how some people thought the grass was greener on the other side of the mountain and now they set over there at 5-3 and the Rebels are 5-3 as well while it looks like the Rebels have a good chance to go 7-3 while Grundy still have a whoopin coming from the Honaker Tigers!!!

i was glad to see hurley win i cheer for em but will you give your reasons as to why grundy will get a "whoopin" it should be a close game but in every grundy game you "predict" its a whoopin

Well I think the Hurley and Haysi game was probably the best game I have watched all year, I think if they played each other again it would come down to the wire like it did. Because both teams are about equal, juss haysi is a lil bit younger

For the record Mr.Dotson, Wave316 is Green, not Gold, see your still bitter? talking about grass being greener, well that goes both ways, at least our guys didnt loose to their old team ;)

For the record Mr.Dotson, Wave316 is Green, not Gold, see your still bitter? talking about grass being greener, well that goes both ways, at least our guys didnt loose to their old team ;)

Why don't people from Grundy stop crying over loseing their players to Hurley what's the big deal we have the same records at the moment with Grundy still to play Honaker and mnt. View let's see who has the better record in ur end and then you tell me if they made the right decision , stop crying because you lost your best player alright it's over don't be hateing on someone no can't stand to play ball for a program who think their better than everyone when their not

Well 1 Tyler is a good back better defensive player 2 Berglowe is better than Mcclanahan any day and anyway you look at it, all that has been said since berg transferred to Hurley is they take our players they still cant win and all this and that one game doesnt determine the season look at the end and then you tell me who was better off

Shew, let it go guys that was week-2. Both teams are having a good season considering what they lost.noone gave grundy a chance with all the changes and hurley lost all but 3 staters on both sides of the ball and people still picked them to finish 2nd in th bdd. So congrats to both teams.