Big East Shakeup

vthokies4life

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very excited for move, just the way college football is moving....outstanding football and baseball conference, with a very good basketball conference....but nobody really cares about basketball....football runs the ship....It is nice to be in BIG conference now.

in all honesty I would have prefered acc all joking aside due to geography and such or sec...but will go with big 12 no hesitation top 2/3 football conference....I joke about tech but I am hearing they were in support of wvu coming to acc....bc,wake,duke,unc, not so

Guest StoneyCalhoun
in a much stronger league than hokies now :) 28-21-2 :)

What was your record in the last 11 games against the Hokies?

Remind me :).

What was your record in the last 11 games against the Hokies?

Remind me :).

As a WVU fan, I commend you on this post....

If you weren't alive when these two teams played, don't count those games...

During my 22 years of life:

WVU: 5 wins

Tech: 12 wins

Advantage: Tech....From a die-hard WVU fan....

Guest StoneyCalhoun
As a WVU fan, I commend you on this post....

If you weren't alive when these two teams played, don't count those games...

During my 22 years of life:

WVU: 5 wins

Tech: 12 wins

Advantage: Tech....From a die-hard WVU fan....

Beamer put VT on the map, and this is Beamer's 25th season. Therefore, the above statistic.

WVU will contend, and beat a few big names. I see them having a hard time recruiting the Florida hot spots like they do now. Time will tell...

I see them having a hard time recruiting the Florida hot spots like they do now. Time will tell...

Florida recruits: bye-bye

Texas recruits: hello (Paul Millard for example)

This is if coach Holgorson stays. Wouldn't be surpised to see him jump on the first offer to a bigger school...

For now Oklahoma is our *****...

Possibly on 09/29/2012 they can choose to keep it that way or change it...

They will. You caught the 2nd-weakest Oklahoma team of the past decade in your strongest season when you had absolutely every psychological edge imaginable. Credit where credit's due, but if you think that's going to be the norm, there's a reality check a-comin'...

LOL i guess VA Tech should join the big 12 so they can win it every year!!! it's not like oklahoma or texas (or OK State or Texas Tech or Baylor or Kansas ST) Could beat them or anything :)

Good point, I forgot OSU-South. Gundy's one of the 5-best coaches in college football, and he's got that team playing out of its mind.

Florida recruits: bye-byeTexas recruits: hello (Paul Millard for example)

This is if coach Holgorson stays. Wouldn't be surpised to see him jump on the first offer to a bigger school...

We get Florida recruits anyways, I think us going to a bigger and better conference will only want them to come more.

We get Florida recruits anyways, I think us going to a bigger and better conference will only want them to come more.

I agree, if anything this will help with Florida recruiting. For the people saying we will lose Florida recruits...Why? Because they would rather play in the Big East than Big 12?? That doesn't make much sense.

I agree, if anything this will help with Florida recruiting. For the people saying we will lose Florida recruits...Why? Because they would rather play in the Big East than Big 12?? That doesn't make much sense.

Why would they rather play in the Big East? Because they would get to play in front of friends/family at least twice during their four years of college. (USF)

Big 12 doesn't have any schools in Florida yet...

And yes, this DOES matter a lot to 18-year-old kids making their college choice...

Why would they rather play in the Big East? Because they would get to play in front of friends/family at least twice during their four years of college. (USF)

And yes, this DOES matter a lot to 18-year-old kids making their college choice...

BINGO.

East coast players tend to stay East. West coast players tend to stay West. Midwest players tend stay in the Midwest. And Southern players tend to stay South (which I believe WV to be the absolute tip of the star if the South was a Christmas tree). WVU was just southern enough to draw the southern recruits and it was enticing because, while it wasn't the ACC or SEC, there was still at least some relevant connection to Florida.

I'm not saying that there will be zero interest in FL players wanting to play in the Big XII but WVU will now be trying to sell a different brand of football. WVU would have a much better shot at selling their program and style of football they are going to be playing in the Big XII to the Midwest kids.

Regardless if WVU stayed in the Big East or not, I'd have bet that you would've seen a decrease in FL kids anyways because of Holgorsen's ties to the Midwest. He is comfortable and has been extremely successful recruiting kids out of that area would've probably kept his hand in the pot no matter what.

Maybe so, but if they make their college choice based on 2 games in 4 years then they obviously aren't good decision makers. Also, the current Fla born players that WVU have most likely didn't come so they could play South Fla twice in 2 years. The Miramar kids came mostly because of their high school head coach Damon Cogdell, who was a WVU linebacker iin the 90's.