Austin Cooper injuried tonight

mdotson98

Hurley Rebels quarterback Austin Cooper was injuried with a little over a minute to go tonight. He took a hard hit out of bounds into the sideline fence he laid on the sidelines where the coaches were with him for the last minute of the game. He was then assisted off the field with the help of fellow teammates. I talk to someone in his family and they informed me that they have took him to Pikeville Medical Center.

If he is smart he'll call it quits before he gets seriously injured. He has too much riding on basketball to risk it.

He is playing for more than himself and he is too much of a leader to to sit out over a strained muscle.....he is a tough kid he will be back Friday to lead the rebels and then lead them into the playoffs.....then he can go get that "STATE TITLE".

He is playing for more than himself and he is too much of a leader to to sit out over a strained muscle.....he is a tough kid he will be back Friday to lead the rebels and then lead them into the playoffs.....then he can go get that "STATE TITLE".

i dont think you will need him this week to be honest...i'd let him rest if he's not 100%...but if he is then let him roll.

OMG, you can get injured at any sport.

You're not going to get tackled into the bleachers in basketball. Ever heard of a basketball player getting whiplash? Didn't think so.

You're not going to get tackled into the bleachers in basketball. Ever heard of a basketball player getting whiplash? Didn't think so.

Come on man, high school,college, and pro basketball players tear ACL's,Achilles, and they dislocate/break bones every season. I guess they all should "pack-it-up" and quit. I know Austin is an excellent basketball player, but I think he is a helluva football player as well. I think, if Austin choses, could play QB at a small college.

I think you have to be smart about it...if the kid needs a week to heal up, give him some time to heal up...if he can play then let him play...pretty simple...he's only got a couple of games left and I'm sure he wants to play if he can...if they don't need him against TV then no reason to push it.

I think he is a good HS QB but he wouldnt see the field at UVA-W or E&H imo

I would play him this week if he is up to it but I would take the opportunity to "develop" the backup QB some also

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the Rebs did down in High Point 3 years ago.

Come on man, high school,college, and pro basketball players tear ACL's,Achilles, and they dislocate/break bones every season. I guess they all should "pack-it-up" and quit. I know Austin is an excellent basketball player, but I think he is a helluva football player as well. I think, if Austin choses, could play QB at a small college.

I never said he wasn't a good QB and I know he could play QB at the next level because he has already received offers, but the kids dream is to play basketball and everyone knows that. It's the same situation as Devon Johnson at Richlands with him possibly not playing basketball this year to keep from risking injury. Anyone who is smart that has a ride in one sport and gets hurt in another will take it easy, end of story. Why would you risk that?

I think he is a good HS QB but he wouldnt see the field at UVA-W or E&H imo

I would play him this week if he is up to it but I would take the opportunity to "develop" the backup QB some also

I not saying to throw him out to the dogs. Austin will play if he is healed but if he is not then he won't. I just get a little aggravated with some of the posts.

I disagree with you redtiger. Austin has been in a run-oriented offense for 2 years and this year they went with the spread. He has put up good numbers each of his 3 years. Austin is very young, just turned 17 in Sept., if he had time to mature,a good QB coach, and the right players around him, yes, I thnk he would see the field.

I never said he wasn't a good QB and I know he could play QB at the next level because he has already received offers, but the kids dream is to play basketball and everyone knows that. It's the same situation as Devon Johnson at Richlands with him possibly not playing basketball this year to keep from risking injury. Anyone who is smart that has a ride in one sport and gets hurt in another will take it easy, end of story. Why would you risk that?

I tell you why you take that risk, because it builds character. I think a kid who overcomes adversity will be good adult. You think Austin wants to be known as a "quitter" or someone who "takes a easy" to finish a season. I don't think so.

Edited by thevols