Tunstall @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had not heard that. I didn't make it to the Tazewell game ( been busy remodeling a bathroom and bedroom ) and so did not know about that injury.

That's terrible to hear that a kid has that type of injury. I hate to hear of any high school kid having any kind of injury much less one of that nature.

I hope his playing days are not over, but the main thing is that he has a full recovery !

I had both my knees blown out back in high school and now that I'm 52 I pay big time with arthritis in both of them, so the injuries carry on long after the ball is done !

Still would not change a thing, even with the pain I have to deal with now, I would still play football again knowing what I know now.

Best days of my life..........with the exception of my marriage ( just in case my wife see this...lol ) and the birth of my daughter !

I think we all would love to be that age again and still playing!

Injuries are a part of football and you never want too see any kid injured, but for this kid to get injured because a player from Tazewell decided since they couldn't win the game he was going to start taking cheap shots is just pathetic, I won't ramble any more about it but it just disgusts me.

Injuries are a part of football and you never want too see any kid injured, but for this kid to get injured because a player from Tazewell decided since they couldn't win the game he was going to start taking cheap shots is just pathetic, I won't ramble any more about it but it just disgusts me.

Did you see it happen, or has it been confirmed from a good source? or is all this hear-say?

I agree EH and I myself have heard hearsay before that turned out to be false so it is a very fair question to ask. Back on the original subject I have read on here that Tunstall is small and fast and that they have a pretty good RB, is that a pretty good description of them for the people that have had a chance to see them play this year?

Guest king kone
I was there EH and saw it with my own 2 eyes, it was what it was.

I'll probably catch it again for this.....but here goes.......#62 for Richlands was hit by his own player #7 for Richlands and sustained a ruptured spleen with internal bleeding.......that is on a game disc......got one right here......

I'll probably catch it again for this.....but here goes.......#62 for Richlands was hit by his own player #7 for Richlands and sustained a ruptured spleen with internal bleeding.......that is on a game disc......got one right here......

so you're saying you have it on film that the injured richlands player was hurt by his own player? how did this happen?

Catch it again? Not sure about that but I would be very interested in watching the footage on film is there a site that would have it that you know of? Cause in person I know what it certainly looked like.

Its a FACT! It was a friendly fire incident. Sad but true. Completely accidental , Beavers had the ball carrier wrapped up and turned with him as no. 7 came in to help. Two fantastic young men, just a freak misfortune for a great prospect on the line for the Blues. Billy Beavers is a fine young man ! Just another correction for the record, he is a Jr.

Well, that is 2 people then so I suppose I better go get my vision checked, would have sworn by it, but at this point it appears I was wrong, maybe my brain froze with the rest of me that night, confuses me a bit but I've been mistaken before.

Ditto you were not seeing things, Billy did receive a cheap shot no doubt. It was just not the play he got hurt on. So don't be so hard on yourself. I do appreciate your great attitude. You have a good reputation on here in my view. Keep up the good work.

Guest king kone
so you're saying you have it on film that the injured richlands player was hurt by his own player? how did this happen?

Got it on DVD......it happened on a kickoff, and there was a mashup with friendly fire......watched Tunstall vs. Martinsville last nite......cheapshots galore, especially from Martinsville.........Tunstall ran mostly from the spread until they get inside the redzone or 3rd and short......quarterback kinda scatterarmed........defense small with a lot of stunting and jumping around.....

Got it on DVD......it happened on a kickoff, and there was a mashup with friendly fire......watched Tunstall vs. Martinsville last nite......cheapshots galore, especially from Martinsville.........Tunstall ran mostly from the spread until they get inside the redzone or 3rd and short......quarterback kinda scatterarmed........defense small with a lot of stunting and jumping around.....

Couldn't make it with all the family sick to that one and had to listen to the Richlands broadcast (for some reason unable to find Larry on 107.7) anyway I remember they said one player from richlands rolled into another but didn't go into much detail about it.

I won't debate any kind of cheap shots being taken by either team in this matchup. When it is such a heated rivalry no matter the score or outcome tempers always rise and get the better judgement at times. Still doesn't necessarily make it right though.

I have a question about the last score for Richlands on the run by Click. I was watching from the press box side and couldn't see very well, but a group of Bulldog players looked to be celebrating in the end zone after the play, chest bumping and such, so I thought he must have fumbled until Strong came on for the extra point. The guy beside me said he thought they had "laid out" a Richlands player on the play and were celebrating that, but I didn't see anyone injured or even slow to get up. When I heard about Beavers' injury I thought it may have happened on that play but apparently not. Just wondering what really happened there.

I have a question about the last score for Richlands on the run by Click. I was watching from the press box side and couldn't see very well, but a group of Bulldog players looked to be celebrating in the end zone after the play, chest bumping and such, so I thought he must have fumbled until Strong came on for the extra point. The guy beside me said he thought they had "laid out" a Richlands player on the play and were celebrating that, but I didn't see anyone injured or even slow to get up. When I heard about Beavers' injury I thought it may have happened on that play but apparently not. Just wondering what really happened there.

Yes they did cheap shot Click in the back of the endzone. I was walking past when it happened.

Yes they did cheap shot Click in the back of the endzone. I was walking past when it happened.

Yep. He was 8 yards deep in the end zone and two or three Taz players late hit him. Wasn't anything helmet-to-helmet, or anything like that. But it was indeed a late hit.

did richlands have any late hit penalties? or was it all taz?

I could be wrong, but I think most of the personal fouls, if not all, were against the Bulldogs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Seems to me there was an unsportsmanlike penalty or 2 against Richlands, I can't say that without a doubt but it seems I remember 1 or 2 throughout the game, most of Tazewells late hits could be narrowed down to one player, I'll leave it at that and if I'm wrong about the penalties against Richlands Im sure someone will be happy to tell me. :p

I could be wrong, but I think most of the personal fouls, if not all, were against the Bulldogs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I wasn't there..just asking. Richlands is usually the most pentalized team around here..how did the penalties add up for each?

Yep. He was 8 yards deep in the end zone and two or three Taz players late hit him. Wasn't anything helmet-to-helmet, or anything like that. But it was indeed a late hit.

Thanks for the explanation. I couldn't imagine what they had to celebrate once I saw that it was a TD.

You know it's a bad year when all you have to celebrate is a big hit on a 3rd team RB...who had already pulled up 8 yds deep in the end zone...after scoring the team's 68th point on you....smh.