Suck For Luck

Ryan4VT

Now 10 Weeks into the season, who do you all have getting the #1 pick in the draft?

My vote still goes to the Colts. I don't think we will win a game. Today was our best chance, and we couldn't even put a TD on the board.

Now 10 Weeks into the season, who do you all have getting the #1 pick in the draft?

My vote still goes to the Colts. I don't think we will win a game. Today was our best chance, and we couldn't even put a TD on the board.

honest question if you do go on to not win a game and draft luck what do you do with peyton?

honest question if you do go on to not win a game and draft luck what do you do with peyton?

There are currently no 1 win teams, so I'm still hoping for us to go 1-15. That will still get the #1 pick.

As for what do to, you either A: Keep Peyton, and shell out the money. Or B: Cut Peyton and let Luck take his lumps.

There are currently no 1 win teams, so I'm still hoping for us to go 1-15. That will still get the #1 pick.

As for what do to, you either A: Keep Peyton, and shell out the money. Or B: Cut Peyton and let Luck take his lumps.

You would cut peyton? Wow did not expect that from a colts fan if i was the colts and was without a doubt sure luck was the guy id try to trade peyton you know he has to have some trade value.

You would cut peyton? Wow did not expect that from a colts fan if i was the colts and was without a doubt sure luck was the guy id try to trade peyton you know he has to have some trade value.

Problem is, if he is a member of the Active Roster the day after the Super Bowl, he is guarenteed 20-some million dollars as a bonus, and he then has 4 years left on his deal. If you cut him prior to the Super Bowl, that frees up a lot of cap room to get Luck and go out in Free Agency and try to grab a few pieces. It's a tough situation to be in. And Peyton himself acknowledged that if they cut him, he will harbor no ill feelings, but will find a team and play next year, health permitting.

I just can not see them cutting peyton he is the face of the colts but then again im sure no one thought montana would play for anyone else. I just do not see how you can cut a player like peyton for a rookie who very well may not pan out.

There is no guarantee that Manning will ever play again, and he has been the face of that franchise for years but all good things must end. I personally think that if you look at it from a business standpoint and all the money etc involved that it would be hard not to release him.

There is no guarantee that Manning will ever play again, and he has been the face of that franchise for years but all good things must end. I personally think that if you look at it from a business standpoint and all the money etc involved that it would be hard not to release him.

This is what I believe will happen. Too much money at stake for a player, who very well may never play again. He was asked today where he was progression wise and he said still in the starting blocks. That's not good. I'm starting to believe he will never come back. But hey! If he wants to replace Caldwell, I'm all for that!! Lol.

I just can not see them cutting peyton he is the face of the colts but then again im sure no one thought montana would play for anyone else. I just do not see how you can cut a player like peyton for a rookie who very well may not pan out.

What happens if you don't cut Peyton, he never gets healthy, Painter becomes the guy again (God help us), and Luck goes on to take the Fins or the Skins to the playoffs?? I'll take the chance on Luck. He has the potential. And he is lightyears better than Painter.

Let's say peyton says in january he is ready to go and is 100% or close to it do you still cut him and draft luck. Luck to me is going to be a decent QB but nothing compared to what people are building him up to be the way the media talks he is going into the hall of fame on draft day lol.

Let's say peyton says in january he is ready to go and is 100% or close to it do you still cut him and draft luck. Luck to me is going to be a decent QB but nothing compared to what people are building him up to be the way the media talks he is going into the hall of fame on draft day lol.

It may be different in that situation, but it won't happen. Peyton said last week he feels no different then than he did the day before surgery. That was 7 weeks ago, they said he should be 100%, or close to it, in 8-10 weeks. He isn't there. Which makes me believe he may never take another snap again.

Won't this be a Favre/Rodgers situation? Let the older guy (Manning) play for another year or two while the younger one (Luck) learns the offense, watches greatness, etc.

The most shocking thing for me about the Colts is that they probably have a record above .500 right now if Manning is healthy. Think about that for a second. Out of 11 players on the field, one player can be the difference between ZERO wins and a winning record. Has there ever been a more valuable player? There's no way they trade him.

Won't this be a Favre/Rodgers situation? Let the older guy (Manning) play for another year or two while the younger one (Luck) learns the offense, watches greatness, etc.

The most shocking thing for me about the Colts is that they probably have a record above .500 right now if Manning is healthy. Think about that for a second. Out of 11 players on the field, one player can be the difference between ZERO wins and a winning record. Has there ever been a more valuable player? There's no way they trade him.

I hope thats what they do (Favre/Rodgers).

If he was healthy and on the field, we would be no worse than 8-2. Maybe even be 10-0.

Guest The Variable

Here is the deal. Peyton already said that he would not fault the Colts if they drafted Luck. However, he believes that for Luck to live up to his fullest potential, he would have to start from week 1 just like Peyton did. So if the Colts draft Luck, Peyton will likely become a Dolphin or a Redskin or a whatever. The Colts have a history of this with Unitas (who was arguably better than Peyton). The 9ers also ditched Montana for Young but Young had at least already proven himself.

Ideally I would like to see what all the Colts fans want, Peyton starting next season with Luck as his protege. But Peyton will need to start, and according to him so does Luck so the only way that happens is they are on different teams.

Here is the deal. Peyton already said that he would not fault the Colts if they drafted Luck. However, he believes that for Luck to live up to his fullest potential, he would have to start from week 1 just like Peyton did. So if the Colts draft Luck, Peyton will likely become a Dolphin or a Redskin or a whatever. The Colts have a history of this with Unitas (who was arguably better than Peyton). The 9ers also ditched Montana for Young but Young had at least already proven himself.

Ideally I would like to see what all the Colts fans want, Peyton starting next season with Luck as his protege. But Peyton will need to start, and according to him so does Luck so the only way that happens is they are on different teams.

^^^This^^^

I had already put all that out there last week. Didn't feel like typing it all again. My laziness thanks you! Lol

This ^^^^^^^^ the players for the colts should be ashamed of themselves with the performance they have given this year. Peyton is gone yes and you had a downgrade at qb but what in the world does that have to do with the defense and the other players on the team they are proving they have no hart and have given no effort at all this year if I was the colts id cut every last one of them they are just collecting the check this year.

Matt Schaub to miss at least the next game for the Texans in two weeks. With Johnson out, and now Schaub out, could this be the opening the Colts need to finally get that elusive win?

Guest The Variable
Matt Schaub to miss at least the next game for the Texans in two weeks. With Johnson out, and now Schaub out, could this be the opening the Colts need to finally get that elusive win?

Schaub is out for the season I thought.

This ^^^^^^^^ the players for the colts should be ashamed of themselves with the performance they have given this year. Peyton is gone yes and you had a downgrade at qb but what in the world does that have to do with the defense and the other players on the team they are proving they have no hart and have given no effort at all this year if I was the colts id cut every last one of them they are just collecting the check this year.

This is what I've been thinking (though a little less harshly, lol). Sure, the Colts suffer without Manning the same way the Pats suffered without Brady, but the last time I checked Manning was only a QB, not a lineman, DB, LB, Kicker, Punter, Corner, Safety, RB, WR, or any other position. I think the offense would be improved (maybe drastically) with Manning's leadership and ability on the field, but he has nothing to do with defense and I just can't see the Colts being 8-2 or 10-0 with him this season. Maybe 5-5 or slightly better, but that's about it IMO.

This is what I've been thinking (though a little less harshly, lol). Sure, the Colts suffer without Manning the same way the Pats suffered without Brady, but the last time I checked Manning was only a QB, not a lineman, DB, LB, Kicker, Punter, Corner, Safety, RB, WR, or any other position. I think the offense would be improved (maybe drastically) with Manning's leadership and ability on the field, but he has nothing to do with defense and I just can't see the Colts being 8-2 or 10-0 with him this season. Maybe 5-5 or slightly better, but that's about it IMO.

They would be 8-2, at least. Manning alone brings that O up tenfold. They would outscore other teams. The only team We would have lost to would be the Saints. We played the Steelers close, we've been within 2 tds in a few contests, and Manning alone is worth 28-35 points.