Cave Spring at Richlands

Ryan4VT

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a thought. Maybe Mance had mixed in a few subs in the 2nd half against Pulaski to give some new faces a chance to play and see what they could do. I cant really remember for sure, but I thought there was some 2nd string in on D in the 2nd half

I think the players quit playing. It looked as if they were bored the second half. Kind of like a cat that has caught a mouse and played with it awhile.

I think the players quit playing. It looked as if they were bored the second half. Kind of like a cat that has caught a mouse and played with it awhile.

I think it was a combination of things. Coach Mance said after the game that Pulaski had made some good adjustments which caused them some problems in the 2nd half, and he also did some subbing after the first or 2nd time Pulaski had the ball, along with some of the blues loosing some focus after they got a big lead.

That better not happen this Friday...........and I don't think it will.

With Cave it's the other way around.

They build early leads then try to hold on.

In 2 of their 3 losses they took a nosedive after having large leads.

They were ahead of Salem 26-0 before losing. They were up 14 on Hidden Valley before losing in OT.

In the other loss they fell behind Northside quickly then seemed to not really try to play catch-up.

Cave can win this game if they control the ball early and can prevent Richlands from getting easy scores. The more plays it takes Richlands to score the closer this game will be.

With Cave it's the other way around.

They build early leads then try to hold on.

In 2 of their 3 losses they took a nosedive after having large leads.

They were ahead of Salem 26-0 before losing. They were up 14 on Hidden Valley before losing in OT.

In the other loss they fell behind Northside quickly then seemed to not really try to play catch-up.

Cave can win this game if they control the ball early and can prevent Richlands from getting easy scores. The more plays it takes Richlands to score the closer this game will be.

I agree that Cave must prevent easy scores and controll the ball. Northside came out and picked apart Cave's secondary. I think NS scored just about everytime they touched the ball in the first half. Cave did have some sustained drives and scores, but just couldn't keep up with Northside's air attack. Wright still had over 200 yds, but Cave's defense just couldn't hold. I think Cave's pass coverage has gotten better and they know Richlands will try and throw on them. They are also finally healthy as they had multiple players out through the Hidden Valley game. I think this game comes down to the wire. I think it will be even closer than last year's game.

Guest king kone
I think it was a combination of things. Coach Mance said after the game that Pulaski had made some good adjustments which caused them some problems in the 2nd half, and he also did some subbing after the first or 2nd time Pulaski had the ball, along with some of the blues loosing some focus after they got a big lead.

That better not happen this Friday...........and I don't think it will.

They make a major adjustment on the sweep play moving it up about a foot and a half......funny how something so small can make such a difference......

It's noon on Friday and I bet Cave is already on the bus headed to Richlands lol That's gotta suck.

Richlands 38 Cave Spring 26

I also bet both teams will be scoreboeard watching tonight also and rooting for Brookville.

Northside and Brookville will be rooting for Cave in order to shorten the trip next week.

Good luck to all teams and I hope everyone can stay healthy.

It's noon on Friday and I bet Cave is already on the bus headed to Richlands lol That's gotta suck.

Richlands 38 Cave Spring 26

I also bet both teams will be scoreboeard watching tonight also and rooting for Brookville.

Northside and Brookville will be rooting for Cave in order to shorten the trip next week.

Good luck to all teams and I hope everyone can stay healthy.

Let the real football begin!!!

rushing per game

145 William Byrd

247 Martinville

206 Northside

180 Lord Botetourt

184 Allegheny

214 Salem

287 Pulaski County

158 Blacksburg

208 Christiansburg

189 Hidden Valley

297 Martinsville

total 2315

That's a pretty darn impressive schedule there!