Cave Spring at Richlands

Ryan4VT

They try to schedule weaker non district opponents. Their schedule is much more difficult, so you can't blame them. I sure wish they would have. I normally don't respond to this stuff because I don't want to come across the wrong way but when the comment was made about those two specific teams I thought it was ironic. I know I will get blasted for this prediction but here is mine- Richlands 49 and Cave 18. GO BLUES!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye Kirstie that is why I said they probably figured that we needed them a lot more than they need us on their schedule, thats a big prediction btw, I wouldnt mind to see it happen I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I have watched several of there games. No doubt the Wright kid is the real deal. He will get some yardage, maybe more than I think. But they will have trouble on defense. Richlands will score a lot. They only way this is close is if we turn the ball over two or three times. Once again this is my opinion Ditto. Like you said we will see.

Cave may win Friday night.. who can say for sure, but as I have said all season, these boys have played with a big chip on their shoulder all year, I don't see them laying down if Cave jumps on them early, I fully expect for it to be a dogfight, and in an earlier post I saw someone said Cave had no interest in playing Northside, which is interesting because i was playing around with the projection thing the other day and it had Brookville winning the majority of the time, not saying that means they would, it just seems that the opinion is that Brookville is ever bit as good as Northside? So I'm not sure why you would prefer one that much over the other.

Ditto, I may have mis-stated that Cave would not be interested in playing Northside.

I have spoken to a few of the parents and they feel that Northside would beat them due to the fact that Northside has won the last 3 meetings by 3+ scores including a 24 point margin earlier this year.

On the other hand Cave has played benefit games against Brookville the last few years and it has always been a very close affair.

I'm sure the Cave Spring kids would be delighted to play another week regardless of who the opponent would be.

As far as Brookville vs Northside goes i think it will be a toss up game.

Good points MR. Nut

1. Kicking game has been lacking all season. Well it's been lacking the past 6 years I've followed Cave Spring. the last time a the Kicking won us game was on the last play of the Northside game 2009.

IMG_6664

2. Cave Spring does not really turn out fans, I'm shocked (as a Richlands native) by how Cave Spring Fans don't travel. Here's Richlands Fans in 2009 - not a bad showing, yes it was very cold. Interest in High School football is not at same level in Cave Spring.

Cave Spring vs. Richlands -9592

3. When they told the crowd that Salem had lost in OT, a cheer when up, that's got to make a Richlands fan happy.

4. I believe if Sam Wright rushes for >200 yards Cave Spring Can win this game. If Sam Wright can run the ball and control the clock, keeping Richlands offense off the field, that is the key to victory.

5. No matter who wins I follow them to the finals. Man I love High School Football!!

See you Friday night.

Thanks for your insights TJ & your pictures. I thought that Cave brought a nice crowd with them last year and were really into the game. That's one reason I think the atmosphere is gonna be fantastic at Ernie Friday night.

I know the Blues fans will be out in force and very vocal ( me included ) and if Cave brings a crowd anything like last year, that will make it even better !

I think it will be a fantastic high school football game played at a high level !

I want to wish all the fans from Cave a safe trip down & back and hope you enjoy the game at Ernie...........just maybe not quite as much as we do though....LOL !

November 23, 2011

McGlothlin provides answer to Blues’ receiver questions

By BRIAN WOODSON

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x229375742/McGlothlin-provides-answer-to-Blues-receiver-questions

PREP FOOTBALL: Josh Hess of Richlands establishes his own path

By: Allen Gregory

Published: November 23, 2011

Bristol Herald Courier

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/23/prep-football-josh-hess-richlands-establishes-his--ar-1488115/

I didn't think the crowd Cave brought last year was very big, but my memory could be a little off....

I'd say a lot of folks on the visitors side won't be from Cave at all.... I for one plan on going to the game....last year, I sat on the visitors side, saw folks from all over SWVA over there...Graham folks, Tazewell folks especially.....half of Cave's crowd wasn't even from Cave Spring....

I agree I sat over there with some friends from Tazewell. There were not many Cave Spring fans at all the entire end near the scoreboard were fans from Grundy, Graham, Tazewell even a few Richlands fans thrown in.

But next week Richlands does not play Tunstall again. CS is the best team we have seen and are certainly good enough to beat us. Tunstall is not a good football team. Marion must have just flat laid down. Spare me all of the "Richlands will roll" crap, some of our players frequent this website and they need the truth. Which is this. Cave Spring is not intimidated by us. They are good enough to win and that is what they are planning to do. You will need to bust your guts in practice this week and on Friday night to advance. Take this game lightly and your season will be over Friday night @ 10 p.m.

very well said

I would be curious to know why Richlands gave up so many yards on the ground in the second half to Pulaski......does anybody have any insight on what the coaches thought?

This is just a thought. Maybe Mance had mixed in a few subs in the 2nd half against Pulaski to give some new faces a chance to play and see what they could do. I cant really remember for sure, but I thought there was some 2nd string in on D in the 2nd half

Maybe im crazy but I for one think this will be a hard fought football game. I am taking Richlands but I think it will be close. This one could come down to who has the most turnovers. The Blues will get the W if they come ready to play and play to their capabilities.

I told a buddy a few days ago my score prediction. I am thinking Richlands 42 to 19.

I may be going by how easily we beat a weaker team. But our defense really stepped up and contained the speed of Tunstall. Dont get me wrong, I know Cave Spring is a whole different animal. But if our run defense steps up again this week, I like our chances of running away with this one. Our offense just keeps getting better. So many weapons for Reece to choose from!!

Go Blues!!!!

But next week Richlands does not play Tunstall again. CS is the best team we have seen and are certainly good enough to beat us. Tunstall is not a good football team. Marion must have just flat laid down. Spare me all of the "Richlands will roll" crap, some of our players frequent this website and they need the truth. Which is this. Cave Spring is not intimidated by us. They are good enough to win and that is what they are planning to do. You will need to bust your guts in practice this week and on Friday night to advance. Take this game lightly and your season will be over Friday night @ 10 p.m.

Marion was ready to play basketball