Rematch in the air

UNIONFAN

Oklahoma St. loosing to the unexpected Iowa St. football program puts a real stir in the BCS. LSU is still number 1 with a pretty commanding schedule left, Bama may just be moving back to number 2. Oregon is still in the mix. Looks to me if every team wins out itll be an LSU vs Bama or LSU vs Oregon rematch for the National title. My personal opinion I would like to see the Bama LSU rematch. Bama is hard to beat twice in one season but the Bayou Bengals under the Mad Hatter is IMO the 32nd NFL team. What do yall think

Oklahoma St. loosing to the unexpected Iowa St. football program puts a real stir in the BCS. LSU is still number 1 with a pretty commanding schedule left, Bama may just be moving back to number 2. Oregon is still in the mix. Looks to me if every team wins out itll be an LSU vs Bama or LSU vs Oregon rematch for the National title. My personal opinion I would like to see the Bama LSU rematch. Bama is hard to beat twice in one season but the Bayou Bengals under the Mad Hatter is IMO the 32nd NFL team. What do yall think

I have no strong feelings anyway as to what should happen. All I know is that whoever plays LSU (assuming they remain undefeated) will be controversial. Also, are we positive that LSU will stay undefeated? Who are they going to play in the SEC Championship?

I have no strong feelings anyway as to what should happen. All I know is that whoever plays LSU (assuming they remain undefeated) will be controversial. Also, are we positive that LSU will stay undefeated? Who are they going to play in the SEC Championship?

They possibly will play Georgia from the SEC East.....

If and when they play, LSU by at least 2 TD's agaisnt Georgia...They are just too damn good this year...

I would worry much more about Arkansas....But still, I don't see anyone beating LSU...

Edited by beaverbaseball

If Alabama would have made 25% of the field goals they missed against LSU they would have won.

Having said that, LSU won the game, and deserves the #1 spot. In my honest opinion there is only 1 team that has a shot of beating LSU, and that is Alabama. You can compare schedules, stats, etc. but when it comes down to it if you tell me there is a team in the country better than Alabama(other than LSU) I'll call you a liar.

If they both win out then it should be #1 LSU vs #2 Alabama for the BCS National Championship. If not, then it will show how flawed the BCS system is, and maybe it will be enough to start a playoff system. Either way I win lol

Lets say that Alabama beats Auburn and Arkansas beats LSU. That creates a three team tie in the SEC West. I heard a guy on Mike and Mike this morning say that LSU still would probably represent the west in the SEC title game. Now lets say GA beats LSU in the title game.

Are we really gonna have Alabama vs. Arkansas, two teams that not only didnt win their conference but didnt even win their division in the National Championship.

Lets say that Alabama beats Auburn and Arkansas beats LSU. That creates a three team tie in the SEC West. I heard a guy on Mike and Mike this morning say that LSU still would probably represent the west in the SEC title game. Now lets say GA beats LSU in the title game.

Are we really gonna have Alabama vs. Arkansas, two teams that not only didnt win their conference but didnt even win their division in the National Championship.

Alabama-Arkansas national title game. Yes sir, that's how it would shake down.

To be honest I really wouldn't want to watch another boring rematch between LSU and BAMA, not to say it wouldn't be a great game, just the first one may have been the longest struggle between two teams Ive ever saw, and BAMA should have won the game they screwed theirselves in OT.

I was chatting on another forum about the Bama LSU rematch. Think about it like this. This time itll be a home game for LSU. The national title is being played for in New Orleans. U take LSU at what is basicly a home game and a little Voodoo luck from the Cajuns and itll be a National Championship for the Bayou Bengals. No matter the outcome its going to be 6 strait BCS championships for the SEC and the first time in BCS history that the top three spots belong to the same conference. The SEC is deffinetly the dominant Conference in College football

It's going to be a tough task for Arkansas to beat LSU in Baton Rouge. However, if that were to happen and Bama beats Auburn, the highest ranked team in the BCS rankings would play Georgia in the SECCG. That would most likely be Bama since they beat Arky head to head, and LSU would drop to 2nd or 3rd. There's no way LSU would remain #1 after a loss.

LSU has to win out. If the LSU Arkansas game is at night in Death Valley then its almost a guarenteed win for LSU. They havent lost a night game at home in years or ever. If LSU looses its still gonna be Bama or Arkansas in the number 1 spot. JMO but the SEC is too hard to stop! LSU Bama or Arkansas could give a few NFL teams a run for there money.

It's going to be a tough task for Arkansas to beat LSU in Baton Rouge. However, if that were to happen and Bama beats Auburn, the highest ranked team in the BCS rankings would play Georgia in the SECCG. That would most likely be Bama since they beat Arky head to head, and LSU would drop to 2nd or 3rd. There's no way LSU would remain #1 after a loss.

I havent looked at the time breakers myself but to quote a guy on Mike and Mike this morning who I dont remember who it was he played out the scenario of Alabama and Arkansas winning this week and said that it looked like the tie breakers would still send LSU to the SEC title game. It was something about eventually Arkansas would get eliminated and then LSU would go over Alabama but Im not exactly sure what it was something like the 8th tiebreaker.

If and when they play, LSU by at least 2 TD's agaisnt Georgia...They are just too damn good this year...

I would worry much more about Arkansas....But still, I don't see anyone beating LSU...

This. Arkansas is going to be a bug on the windshield for LSU. The ONLY team in the country that can hang with them is Bama.

LSU has to win out. If the LSU Arkansas game is at night in Death Valley then its almost a guarenteed win for LSU. They havent lost a night game at home in years or ever. If LSU looses its still gonna be Bama or Arkansas in the number 1 spot. JMO but the SEC is too hard to stop! LSU Bama or Arkansas could give a few NFL teams a run for there money.

LSU just needs to win this week. Not a snowball's chance they drop lower than 2nd with an SEC Championship loss.

Right now the two best teams in the country hands down are LSU and Alabama. They have the two best defenses in college football which was evident when they played. I enjoyed the game and hope they do rematch which is very likely in my opinion. I enjoy watching a game with alot of offense but I appreciate watching a good defensive battle on the gridiron as well. I believe you would see the same result in a rematch as well. I would give LSU the advantage though because of special teams. They have a heck of a kicker.

LSU just needs to win this week. Not a snowball's chance they drop lower than 2nd with an SEC Championship loss.

I really think the only team that has a chance to beat LSU is Arkansas. Georgia has improved, but they are not in the same zip code as the three teams from the SEC West.

Assuming Lsu and Bama win out what do you guys think the chances are the voters will simply refuse to vote Bama #2 when it matters most, to me the goal of the BCS is to put the 2 best teams in the NC game and they are the 2 best teams imo, but I have to wonder if the voters will try to screw Bama rather than listening to all the bitching from everyone else if they rematch in the NC.

Assuming Lsu and Bama win out what do you guys think the chances are the voters will simply refuse to vote Bama #2 when it matters most, to me the goal of the BCS is to put the 2 best teams in the NC game and they are the 2 best teams imo, but I have to wonder if the voters will try to screw Bama rather than listening to all the bitching from everyone else if they rematch in the NC.

I think if Bama and LSU both win out the BCS will vote for the rematch.

I have to wonder if the voters will try to screw Bama rather than listening to all the bitching from everyone else if they rematch in the NC.

I don't understand why anyone would complain about a rematch in the championship game, when these same people are the ones begging for a playoff system. Do they not realize that in a playoff system, there is a chance that the championship game could be a rematch? Just like it can be, and usually is, in all sports with a playoff system.

Myself, Id love to see the rematch. LSU and Bama are the best two teams in the country. Whoelse would they justify passing up Bama or LSU if both teams win out? Oklahoma St? Comeon they lost to Iowa st, a team that wouldnt even score on Bama or LSU. VT then maybe? Im a hokie through and through but i know that the hokies wouldnt do any better against the top two than St. Dominic's school for the Blind and Deaf. What about Oregon then? They proved no match for LSU in opening week and they have lost steam since then so IMO no way. How about Boise? They deserve their fair shake dont they? No they dont! In a way i was hoping that Boise would go undefeated and play LSU for the title just to shut everyone's mouths about how unfair it is for undefeated teams like TCU and Boise to no play for the title, but that aint gonna happen now with Boise's record. Bama and LSU are the only schools who justifiably can play for the title. JMO but it would be one heck of a game to see. Nick Saban is a hard man to beat two times in a row, Les "Mad Hatter" Miles always has tricks up his sleeve and he aint affraid to use em either.