Clintwood @ GW

Wavefan257

any stats on gw? just lookin around.....might be wrong.... looks like radford and chilhowie, are the only ones above 500............. in regular season.............

RR was 8-2 in the regular season.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone from Grundy, Hurley or Haysi playing in the game?

I talked to Berglowe about it...have not heard back from him on it yet. The rest play basketball from Hurley and Grundy...has to be a SR and one that doesn't wrestle or play basketball...pretty much wiped out all of the Grundy boys for this year...they only had 5 SR's this year and they all are involved in the other sports....Waynick and Cooper will be tied up with basketball....not sure what other SR's Hurley has that started and don't play basketball? are there any more left?

They would also have to be able to practice at Va High 4 days that week...or at least that is the way it was last year? I'll be posting up some more info and helping to promote the game soon...no point right now since playoffs are going on still and it's about a month away....we will push it the last week or two on here.

I was just thinking about the SWVA v. NET game the other day and didnt want to post(its a little early) but since you guys opened the preverbial can of worms. The SWVA team should have a much better showing this season than last. I would like to see Graham and #76(I think) from Lee involved. Clintwood has a MONSTER FB and a MONSTER OT that I would like to see involved. Dakopta Stanley might et involved from Haysi but he plays Bball so he may not be avaliable, D. Blair from Haysi might be interested. Would #25 from Hurley be avaliable? very underated player imo

SWVA might have the RBs to just run the T-Formation! 1 TE and 1 SE. Think about it, T. Graham and B. Johnson at the RBs w/ A. Dotson at FB and what could be a mammoth Oline!

Edited by redtiger

I was just thinking about the SWVA v. NET game the other day and didnt want to post(its a little early) but since you guys opened the preverbial can of worms. The SWVA team should have a much better showing this season than last. I would like to see Graham and #76(I think) from Lee involved. Clintwood has a MONSTER FB and a MONSTER OT that I would like to see involved. Dakopta Stanley might et involved from Haysi but he plays Bball so he may not be avaliable, D. Blair from Haysi might be interested. Would #25 from Hurley be avaliable? very underated player imo

SWVA might have the RBs to just run the T-Formation! 1 TE and 1 SE. Think about it, T. Graham and B. Johnson at the RBs w/ A. Dotson at FB and what could be a mammoth Oline!

#25 is Tanner Charles from Hurley...he is not a SR.

GW runs the ball alot... Clintwood stops the run... This one is gonna be a great game.... Hopefully it won't turn out to be like the last time up 81... Well this Honaker boy will be a Wave fan Saturday!!! May stay up that way and come watch the game Sat...

GW runs a Wing-T offense. Has good inside/outside run balance and typically spreads the ball fairly evenly to both wingbacks and to the fullback.

Wonder if thats the same offense Bath County ran around 3 yrs ago when Clintwood played them up there in the playoffs?

Wonder if thats the same offense Bath County ran around 3 yrs ago when Clintwood played them up there in the playoffs?

NO Bath Co ran the Split Back Veer

GW runs the doubble wing (Think Burton when they are under center)

IMHO GW does not try to streach the field like Burton but trys to hit it inside more and pass less than Burton

I talked to Berglowe about it...have not heard back from him on it yet. The rest play basketball from Hurley and Grundy...has to be a SR and one that doesn't wrestle or play basketball...pretty much wiped out all of the Grundy boys for this year...they only had 5 SR's this year and they all are involved in the other sports....Waynick and Cooper will be tied up with basketball....not sure what other SR's Hurley has that started and don't play basketball? are there any more left?

They would also have to be able to practice at Va High 4 days that week...or at least that is the way it was last year? I'll be posting up some more info and helping to promote the game soon...no point right now since playoffs are going on still and it's about a month away....we will push it the last week or two on here.

I think Berglowe is playing basketball also.....He prob would still find a way to play though since its football......Toby davis is the only senior not playing bball

NO Bath Co ran the Split Back Veer

GW runs the doubble wing (Think Burton when they are under center)

IMHO GW does not try to streach the field like Burton but trys to hit it inside more and pass less than Burton

Can the Wave stop GW'S offense...they got a big lineman 6'7 330 ..same as AKelly for Wave

lets see how nasty this gets..gw at home in the hole..40 -50 pts fast..this isnt a nice place to play if you wear green

Clintwood is not Tazewell or Narrows... 40 to 50 points fast.... lol! GW was lucky to beat Radford... Radford was leading 10 to 9 with 1 .50 seconds in the game... Were they not playing in the hole last friday night??? Gw played Radford twice this yr and scored a total of 32 points ...Clintwood will be the most physical team GW has played all year.. Coach Grant the defensive coach does a good job and the men in Green will lay it all out Saturday.. GW is a good team but Clintwood has played its hardest schedule that I can remember.. Each game they have gotten better ,more unified ,focused and determined. Each consolidated school here in this region that combined and had nearly twice as many students as Clintwood were defeated. This will be a battle between two very good teams ,turnovers in my opinion may play a key role in how the game is won imo... I hope to be there to encourage the men in Green!:)

Clintwood is not Tazewell or Narrows... 40 to 50 points fast.... lol! GW was lucky to beat Radford... Radford was leading 10 to 9 with 1 .50 seconds in the game... Were they not playing in the hole last friday night??? Gw played Radford twice this yr and scored a total of 32 points ...Clintwood will be the most physical team GW has played all year.. Coach Grant the defensive coach does a good job and the men in Green will lay it all out Saturday.. GW is a good team but Clintwood has played its hardest schedule that I can remember.. Each game they have gotten better ,more unified ,focused and determined. Each consolidated school here in this region that combined and had nearly twice as many students as Clintwood were defeated. This will be a battle between two very good teams ,turnovers in my opinion may play a key role in how the game is won imo... I hope to be there to encourage the men in Green!:)

I'm not questioning the quality of team Clintwood has, nor am I disagreeing with you in regards to their schedule. I think Saturday's game truly shapes up to be a great one.

I did want to comment about the "lucky to beat Radford" comment however. GW just refused to give up on plays, and put their defense in chances to dig in and hold tight to limit Radford to FG tries in the 4th quarter. One they made, one they hit. As far as how we scored to take the lead, there isn't anything lucky about a very well executed and blocked reverse and a kid with the speed Hagy has taking it to the house.

Sure, you always need a little luck in tight ball games, but a lot of luck is created by playing with a lot of effort and through preparation. Just be careful in labeling this team "lucky", because that's simply not the case.

I'm not questioning the quality of team Clintwood has, nor am I disagreeing with you in regards to their schedule. I think Saturday's game truly shapes up to be a great one.

I did want to comment about the "lucky to beat Radford" comment however. GW just refused to give up on plays, and put their defense in chances to dig in and hold tight to limit Radford to FG tries in the 4th quarter. One they made, one they hit. As far as how we scored to take the lead, there isn't anything lucky about a very well executed and blocked reverse and a kid with the speed Hagy has taking it to the house.

Sure, you always need a little luck in tight ball games, but a lot of luck is created by playing with a lot of effort and through preparation. Just be careful in labeling this team "lucky", because that's simply not the case.

GW ,nice post and I respect your points . Guess I was venting some on the former poster and was a bit reckless in my response. One could also say that it was a great play call..the reverse that scored the td to get GW the lead . Coach Ingo does a great job . Both these teams are well coached and hard working young men. Again ,sorry for a shallow assessment of GW'S play and win against Radford.

Will you be at the game ,Saturday ...is the stadium hard to find ..someone said take exit 67 ...Iv'e never been to a GW game..

GW ,nice post and I respect your points . Guess I was venting some on the former poster and was a bit reckless in my response. One could also say that it was a great play call..the reverse that scored the td to get GW the lead . Coach Ingo does a great job . Both these teams are well coached and hard working young men. Again ,sorry for a shallow assessment of GW'S play and win against Radford.

Will you be at the game ,Saturday ...is the stadium hard to find ..someone said take exit 67 ...Iv'e never been to a GW game..

Exit 67 and then a right just past the golf course.

GW hasn't needed any luck to win games all year. They just keep running around you and through you until they score. Having now seen both Clintwood and GW.. it should be a close game. And whoever wins it is sure to have some luck on their side. Clintwood is much bigger than GW at pretty much every position. George Wythe is about twice as fast. Interesting matchup.

GW hasn't needed any luck to win games all year. They just keep running around you and through you until they score. Having now seen both Clintwood and GW.. it should be a close game. And whoever wins it is sure to have some luck on their side. Clintwood is much bigger than GW at pretty much every position. George Wythe is about twice as fast. Interesting matchup.

Thanks Dueceswild...don't know if Clintwood is that much bigger than GW ..saw some highlights on Gw ..they look big themselves .. should be a great game ..thanks for the location info!

Hey, no worries whatsoever. I completely understand and no need for apology. That was a nice play call, but the credit goes to the kids on that play. Just very well executed for a play that hadn't been ran in a game all season. Truth be told, I really didn't feel like that was the most critical play in the game for us. Hagy made a TD saving tackle in the 4th to limit Radford to a FG attempt that was truly one of the more amazing plays I've seen all season. Key plays like that never seem to get mentioned enough, but the kid did one helluva job.

Clintwood has a great team, as usual. I agree with deuces that its a very interesting matchup and should be close. Its so easy for people to break a game like this down and say that whoever makes the fewest mistakes will win. Though true to an extent, in a game where styles will differ like this,. A lot will ride on how the tempo and flow of the game is played out. I do think our boys will be a tad shellshocked at Clintwoods' size and power initially. However I think the same can be said for Clintwood in regards to GW's speed. When both teams settle down, we will have ourselves a dynamite football game, boys ;)

I find it interesting that they do similar things on offense but go about it in very different ways.

I really wish that I didnt have to work Saturday

Very true.

And FYI, I'm in no way suggesting Clintwood is slow or GW is soft. I'm just saying that both teams bring something to the table that the other cannot duplicate in practice.

I have not seen GW in person but i hear they are fast. With what you said here deuceswild, this may be a clasic waiting to happen. Power vs Speed! Brute Strength vs Flawless Execution. Ball controll vs High scoreing. Im a huge fan of smashmouth football! I believe in hittin your opponent every play every time from whistle to whistle and showing no mercy and that is clintwood football. GW has the speed to execute their offense to perfection but speed cant always win. No matter how fast you run, you cant run through a brick wall on foot. That being said, Clintwood you guys will have to be a SOLID BRICK WALL on d and hit GW like its your last game ever to win. Im pullin for brute force smash mouth LPD football in this game. GET EM WAVE