Honaker @ Galax

lineman strong

Go ahead and get started with the no hope stuff. I have enough hope and faith in our boys for everybody. Galax will be the hardest team they have played all season. If the boys play like they can "ugly or not" they can pull this off. Just remember guru the idiot mind legend is still pulling for a winning team. Can't wait to see if J. Honaker can get more than 293 yards this game.

Go ahead and get started with the no hope stuff. I have enough hope and faith in our boys for everybody. Galax will be the hardest team they have played all season. If the boys play like they can "ugly or not" they can pull this off. Just remember guru the idiot mind legend is still pulling for a winning team. Can't wait to see if J. Honaker can get more than 293 yards this game.

I hope Honaker gets the win! Force several turnovers ..control the line of scrimmage .. score a few tds and win .. 30-24.. That would be a great way to finish the game at Galax!

I hope Honaker gets the win! Force several turnovers ..control the line of scrimmage .. score a few tds and win .. 30-24.. That would be a great way to finish the game at Galax!

Thanks I'm with you. Love to see state championship at Clintwood. That would be a surprise to the whole state. And would say alot about Southwest Virginia High School football.

Thanks I'm with you. Love to see state championship at Clintwood. That would be a surprise to the whole state. And would say alot about Southwest Virginia High School football.

Coach Hubbard is a good guy..hope the Tigers play great..they beat a good Burton team.. so I'm impressed .. I'm friends with J Dye#82 ..a real good kid ..hope he has a great game ..with all his fellow seniors Tyler Baily ..Zac Baily .Jerod Honaker..Dustin Young..and others ..Hope qb Ty can complete key passes and keep drives going !

Coach Hubbard is a good guy..hope the Tigers play great..they beat a good Burton team.. so I'm impressed .. I'm friends with J Dye#82 ..a real good kid ..hope he has a great game ..with all his fellow seniors Tyler Baily ..Zac Baily .Jerod Honaker..Dustin Young..and others ..Hope qb Ty can complete key passes and keep drives going !

Ty is good and he trust all the names you just mentioned to either to give him time or get the ball down field. All five of those boys are great kids with alot of drive. They are all my sons in one way or the other. You have a good friend.

Ty is good and he trust all the names you just mentioned to either to give him time or get the ball down field. All five of those boys are great kids with alot of drive. They are all my sons in one way or the other. You have a good friend.

Yes ..sure Honaker will miss all these guys .. If Ty has time he can throw the ball ....seen the Clintwood -Honaker benefit game and he threw real well. Clintwood will have good competition with GW .. they will lay it all on the line .. Should be a good game..do you guys play friday or Sat..

Yes ..sure Honaker will miss all these guys .. If Ty has time he can throw the ball ....seen the Clintwood -Honaker benefit game and he threw real well. Clintwood will have good competition with GW .. they will lay it all on the line .. Should be a good game..do you guys play friday or Sat..

As of now it's Friday at 7 or 7:30. I'm glad the boys are out of school Friday so they have all day to get there and get ready. I'll be with them alot of the day I hope pumping them up. They have to stay pumped and excited, they can't set around waiting.

As of now it's Friday at 7 or 7:30. I'm glad the boys are out of school Friday so they have all day to get there and get ready. I'll be with them alot of the day I hope pumping them up. They have to stay pumped and excited, they can't set around waiting.

YES ..Stay pumped ..remember Honaker won it all in Baseball ..they can win friday at Galax .. Mental faith and confidence is huge in big games... Get after it every play .. guys need to rally and encourage each other ..pump each other up .. wish you guys the best!

YES ..Stay pumped ..remember Honaker won it all in Baseball ..they can win friday at Galax .. Mental faith and confidence is huge in big games... Get after it every play .. guys need to rally and encourage each other ..pump each other up .. wish you guys the best!

I'll tell the boys. If the crowd will get into more that helps too. My son and the others feed of the crowd and the sidelines. I hope and believe they will do well.

Gonna go with TheChampIsHere on this one, gonna be a blow-out even if honaker plays good, I mean I would love to see a BDD team go on and move on and accompish amazing things, but just don't see this one happening... Galax 38 Honaker 17

By now, some will know from my post's I will be pulling for Galax to win. I hope for a well-played, good sportamanship type game, that is a great game for the fans. It's been a long time since Galax has had any success in football (don't think they have ever been 12-0). Honaker will need to be able to run the ball to keep Galax's offense off the field (see Lance's key to the game for Honaker). Do this and Honaker has an even chance for an upset.

They will surely miss #22 (he is special on both sides of the ball), but I think Galax still has the edge in most positions and should win this game. Unfortunately, for the young men, someone has to lose. Good luck to both teams but I hope Galax continues to roll.

Galax by 7-14.

I'll tell the boys. If the crowd will get into more that helps too. My son and the others feed of the crowd and the sidelines. I hope and believe they will do well.

I was a little disappointed in the crowd on Sat, would have thought Honaker would have had a little more support than they did. Hope a big crowd heads up to Galax Friday night and don't just go take up a seat!!!!

Galax will be tough no doubt, you don't get to 12-0 for no reason. They really have only had 2 close games all year as they beat Glenvar early in the year 17-14 and beat Grayson County 21-6 a few weeks ago! The game that stands out on their schedule is the Radford game in which they romped 43-0 (read a thread on here somewhere that Radford just didn't show up, but geees, fluke?). This was the three best teams on their schedule IMO. If Honaker can put some pressure on em and get em rattled, maybe they pull the upset!! Ride the Tide Tigers!!!!!

Edited by OrangeStreak

I was a little disappointed in the crowd on Sat, would have thought Honaker would have had a little more support than they did. Hope a big crowd heads up to Galax Friday night and don't just go take up a seat!!!!

I agree. I think the ones that make the drive will probably be the ones that make the noise.

Guest king kone

This ain't baseball.......

Galax has some killer speed from what ive seen and heard. Honaker has pulled out some amazing wins this season but the odds seemed to be stacked against them on this one. We all know that speed in the killer for Honaker. They are good but the tigers cant handle fast teams. Wait a minute, hold on just a second. If I aint mistaken JIB had the speed that Honaker couldnt handle. Burton was picked to win and win big because of there quote unquote speed and didnt Honaker win that game pretty easily? Im not saying that Burton is on Galax's level but I am saying that Honaker's heart has proven all season that they can win. If the stars align just right and the weather cooperates i look for the BDD Tigers to pull off yet again another upset.

Burton was able to score some points and Honaker was able to hang with them and come out on top...I am not so sure that they will be able to do that with Galax, mostly because of the size and speed they have in the middle and on the ends...Honaker will have to pass the ball, which is interesting because that is what Castlewood had open all night, pass over the middle? Will Hubbard take that and go with it is the question? The more I look at it, this is a very interesting match up...it would be easy to just say Galax in a blowout...but, depending on what Honaker plans on doing here, it could be an interesting game to say the least.

Castlewood was able to convert on 4th and get some key plays when needed...Honaker seems to be running with some luck right now as well...so...i dont know...this is perhaps the most curious match up this week for me...I wish I could go see it, but I can't pass up the GW/Clintwood clash of the titans! lol.

.I wish I could go see it, but I can't pass up the GW/Clintwood clash of the titans! lol.

They do play on separate days, unless you're just saving gas money....in which I can completely understand lol

There was some talk on the #22 kid from Galax, would he play or not, appears he won't play for this game only. Hopefully he won't have to worry about playin anymore...lol... I went surfin and found the article on the galax/castlewood game if anyone wants read. I would take from this article that Galax isn't perfect and they do make mistakes.

http://www.galaxgazette.com/content/33-point-explosion-lifts-maroon-tide-60-24-win