Good luck Galax!

redtiger

yeah i dont think there is anyone here who wouldn't like to see a Clintwood vs Galax game for state.

Yep. I'm pulling for Galax this week. Next week is a different story if Clintwood wins.

Btw... does anyone know if the Antique Apple Mall is still open in Galax?

I have to disagree with you characterization of Galax Dueces. They are some fine young gentlemen and the folks in Galax raise nice young men. Their organization has won a number of good sportsmanship awards the last few years in a few sports. This post was to be a good luck to Galax post. I had a feeling it would'nt last long. Thanks to the good folks that have wished these young men well. I know it won't be for long but hats off to a great accomplishment by these young men, even if this is a far as they go this year. Good luck to our fellow Clintwood swva'ers.

I have to disagree with you characterization of Galax Dueces. They are some fine young gentlemen and the folks in Galax raise nice young men. Their organization has won a number of good sportsmanship awards the last few years in a few sports. This post was to be a good luck to Galax post. I had a feeling it would'nt last long. Thanks to the good folks that have wished these young men well. I know it won't be for long but hats off to a great accomplishment by these young men, even if this is a far as they go this year. Good luck to our fellow Clintwood swva'ers.

They might have won some sportsmanship awards the last few years but this year, no.

I like them, as a local school, to do well. Which is why I hope for them and Clintwood to meet in the finals. The fine kids at Galax have done well in golf and volleyball too if I'm not mistaken and will surely fare well in basketball and baseball as always. I have no doubts. But the way they've kept in starters and tried to pad stats against Honaker and Castlewood wins them no respect from me or any opponents they have met along the way. The Galax players are not at fault and neither is the community. My problem lies with the coaching staff, who via their unsportsmanlike showmanship and attitudes, have convinced me to root for Clintwood instead. A team, by the way, that demolished my team two weeks ago 55-7.

They might have won some sportsmanship awards the last few years but this year, no.

I like them, as a local school, to do well. Which is why I hope for them and Clintwood to meet in the finals. The fine kids at Galax have done well in golf and volleyball too if I'm not mistaken and will surely fare well in basketball and baseball as always. I have no doubts. But the way they've kept in starters and tried to pad stats against Honaker and Castlewood wins them no respect from me or any opponents they have met along the way. The Galax players are not at fault and neither is the community. My problem lies with the coaching staff, who via their unsportsmanlike showmanship and attitudes, have convinced me to root for Clintwood instead. A team, by the way, that demolished my team two weeks ago 55-7.

From Honaker game preview...

Dixon has finally had to put politeness behind preparedness on his list of priorities.

“All year I made the mistake of pulling people too early,†he said. “Then we go to Grayson [in Week 10] and everybody’s cramping up. That was the first time [the starters] played four quarters since Glenvar. We’re building up, because the time’s coming where they’re going to have to play.â€

Despite averaging more time of possession in the fourth quarter than any other period, Galax averaged just three fourth-quarter points in the regular season.

“I’m a firm, firm believer that you don’t do that sort of thing, because it’s kids on the other side of the field,†he said. “But at the same time there’s a point where I can’t continue to pull people.â€

A 25-yard touchdown pass to Frankie Shalabi with a 47-24 lead on Castlewood midway through the fourth quarter may have raised an eyebrow to those not in attendance last week.

“The play we scored on was a 2-yard out pattern into the flat,†Dixon said. “They had Frankie stopped at about six yards, and they had him stopped at 12 yards, and he just kept going.â€

A notorious worrier, Dixon will have one less thing on his mind should the Tide keep winning.

“I hope [Castlewood] didn’t take it wrong, but I really don’t think I’ll have to worry about that sort of thing any more,†he said.

I dont know the details but if their starters havent played that many complete games then they better get them in now. I dont have too much of a problem w/ putting up a high score in the playoffs. Players have to be ready for the next game, the entire game.

From Honaker game preview...

Dixon has finally had to put politeness behind preparedness on his list of priorities.

“All year I made the mistake of pulling people too early,†he said. “Then we go to Grayson [in Week 10] and everybody’s cramping up. That was the first time [the starters] played four quarters since Glenvar. We’re building up, because the time’s coming where they’re going to have to play.â€

Despite averaging more time of possession in the fourth quarter than any other period, Galax averaged just three fourth-quarter points in the regular season.

“I’m a firm, firm believer that you don’t do that sort of thing, because it’s kids on the other side of the field,†he said. “But at the same time there’s a point where I can’t continue to pull people.â€

A 25-yard touchdown pass to Frankie Shalabi with a 47-24 lead on Castlewood midway through the fourth quarter may have raised an eyebrow to those not in attendance last week.

“The play we scored on was a 2-yard out pattern into the flat,†Dixon said. “They had Frankie stopped at about six yards, and they had him stopped at 12 yards, and he just kept going.â€

A notorious worrier, Dixon will have one less thing on his mind should the Tide keep winning.

“I hope [Castlewood] didn’t take it wrong, but I really don’t think I’ll have to worry about that sort of thing any more,†he said.

Not buying it.

But I hope they win this week. And with class.

I can speak for the Honaker game but I really didn't have a problem with the starters being in the whole game because to be honest I felt the score was somewhat misleading as to how the game went. As far as the sportmanship, I look from the stands so that's all I see and I mentioned this in another thread but the team as a whole showed fine sportmanship (minus one player with the cheap shots and arrogant attitude but I won't say which one out of respect for the kid) and the fans were very welcoming and respectful.

Hope Galax does well and I too hope to see an all-west final!!!

i think thats our problem around here..we try to be to nice..if u gonna be head dog u gotta have alil bite with ya bark.not sayin be jerks but be aware teams up the road arent gonna pat your butt and say nice job..they gonna hit ya and score,score,score..atleast they dont chant LPD..lol...and u can chant hogo hogo just as well...

Galax's team comes off as kinda... well, they aren't too sportsmanlike which rubs me the wrong way. I'd love nothing more for Clintwood to wax them if they are to meet. Wave > Tide.

im witha on this to a certain point.overall fair with a few bad apples.

Edited by fridaynightfun

yeah i dont think there is anyone here who wouldn't like to see a Clintwood vs Galax game for state.

It's too bad they couldn't play it somewhere in between--like Bristol or E&H.

I may go to the Galax game tomorrow, but I won't really be cheering for Galax. A friend of mine wanted to go and I said I'd go with him. I'm remaining neutral. However, if Clintwood meets Galax in the finals, I'm definately cheering for the Green Wave!