galax vs clintwood

fridaynightfun

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to Clintwoods size, they are really big but adding to that they are one of the more agressive teams I have personally seen. Every play, Offense, Defense or Special teams there is at least one hard lick laid on the opponent. Not many teams hit like that and their opponents just arent used to getting hit play after play after play.

We do have a really good mix of mostly level headed people on here.

And dont forget, Clintwoods TB weighs 200lbs. As a team they have size that is rare at this level, and were talking athletes not just big guys

Back to Clintwoods size, they are really big but adding to that they are one of the more agressive teams I have personally seen. Every play, Offense, Defense or Special teams there is at least one hard lick laid on the opponent. Not many teams hit like that and their opponents just arent used to getting hit play after play after play.

We do have a really good mix of mostly level headed people on here.

And dont forget, Clintwoods TB weighs 200lbs. As a team they have size that is rare at this level, and were talking athletes not just big guys

Heard a rumor from a very reliable source that the Sussex players claimed that they had NEVER played anyone that hit them the way that Clintwood did. Of course, it is hearsay, so take it for what you will.

Edited by 2001Wave

Clintwoods been behind the past two weeks and came out w/ wins.

Im curious to how those slow developing plays are gonna work against Clintwoods defense. My understanding is Galax likes to run slow developing run plays and throw it deep to the WRs, I dont think that will work against Clintwoods quick defensive front.

That old school run over ya stuff stops sat..get a grind ya out team behind and.its over

The Green Wave Express is coming to town Saturday... This train has got some wheels.... It can roll straight..sideways.fast and slow.. Saturday will be the final stop...many of my senior buddies will leave it all on the field that day...We Believe -We Anticipate Victory Everytime===W.A.V.E.

Heard a rumor from a very reliable source that the Sussex players claimed that they had NEVER played anyone that hit them the way that Clintwood did. Of course, it is hearsay, so take it for what you will.

For both teams to be in state final....my bet is both teams will hit you. Moreover, from watching video of the Clintwood Sussex game, it looks like both of these teams were laying some wood on each other.

Edited by sportsfan

For both teams to be in state final....my bet is both teams will hit you. Moreover, from watching video of the Clintwood Sussex game, it looks like both of these teams were laying some wood on each other.

Where can I see this video u speak of?

Galax 56 Clintwood 10

That's being nice. Anyone remember how bad Clintwood got beat by Grayson? Everyone aware that Galax beat Grayson by 2 Touchdowns? I know anything can happen, especially with the fire a state championship sets inside of a kid, and I know that comparing scores is never any good but when the point spread is that big it cant help but to throw up some red flags. In no way am i hoping for a blowout and i like Clintwood but i see them hollering Uncle by the 3rd quarter. Galax is on a completely different level than both single A divisions. They might've made a good run in the AA play-offs. I understand the lack of attention they're getting on this board being greatly due to the fact most of us live farther west, but i make no joke when i tell you Galax is downright scary good.

Galax 56 Clintwood 10

That's being nice. Anyone remember how bad Clintwood got beat by Grayson? Everyone aware that Galax beat Grayson by 2 Touchdowns? I know anything can happen, especially with the fire a state championship sets inside of a kid, and I know that comparing scores is never any good but when the point spread is that big it cant help but to throw up some red flags. In no way am i hoping for a blowout and i like Clintwood but i see them hollering Uncle by the 3rd quarter. Galax is on a completely different level than both single A divisions. They might've made a good run in the AA play-offs. I understand the lack of attention they're getting on this board being greatly due to the fact most of us live farther west, but i make no joke when i tell you Galax is downright scary good.

I know I don't know much about either team but when Clintwood played Grayson.... That was a long time ago.... This Clintwood team right now is VERY different in so many ways than the one that got beat bad by Grayson.... I wouldn't be surprised if Clintwood wins....

Where can I see this video u speak of?

Sorry 2000Wave, just watched it with my cousin in Charlotte. He was at the game and videotaped it. We both work for IBM and had business in Charlotte and he shared it with me. Once he get's back I will see if he can shoot me a copy or see if he can put a few clips on youtube.

Were you at the game? If so, you probably don't need the video to confirm both these teams were laying the wood to each other. Maybe someone who lives up there can get you a copy or footage for your viewing entertainment.

Anyone else on this forum have footage of this game for 2000wave?

keep throwin that grayson game in there..............like i said in other post,when the green team travels up 81, past that exit to grayson....its gonna stick in their gut..........knowing ,that they are not gonna get another shot at them this year, but are going to get a shot at beating the team that beat grayson.............will be passin that exit again.....

Its a different Clintwood team.

And I just dont buy the "farand away the best team in Single A" statements, simply because EVERYONE said the same thing two weeks ago about GW.

No doubt that Galax is a great team and extremely talented but I just dont see a blowout happening. Clintwood is too tough for that to happen.

Its a different Clintwood team.

And I just dont buy the "farand away the best team in Single A" statements, simply because EVERYONE said the same thing two weeks ago about GW.

No doubt that Galax is a great team and extremely talented but I just dont see a blowout happening. Clintwood is too tough for that to happen.

I don't recall anyone saying that about GW. Well, except one guy on here, but GW fans knew that Clintwood would be a challenge. No far and a way involved.

Having watched the Grayson game, and being a Grayson fan, I can say Clintwood has been impressive since that game. They had a bad game that night, and that was probably the best game Grayson played this season as a team. It was just one of those things that happens sometimes. Galax is very tough, no doubt about it. However, this game could very well end up like the CW/Sussex game. I've already heard Galax fans at work talking about how Clintwood will probably just lay down if they get behind by a couple of td's, due to their style of tough defense/smashmouth offensive style. My reply was "don't be so sure..." CW needs to get to their QB. Their line has done a good job with pass protection, and if you knock him around a bit, you may shake him up.

Edited by Blue_Devil94

I don't recall anyone saying that about GW. Well, except one guy on here, but GW fans knew that Clintwood would be a challenge. No far and a way involved.

I wasnt saying the GW fans said that but alot of others did. After GW took it to Richlands in the schrimmage game GW was declared by many to be one of the best A teams in the state(which they are) and unbeatable by anyone is SWVA.

Having watched the Grayson game, and being a Grayson fan, I can say Clintwood has been impressive since that game. They had a bad game that night, and that was probably the best game Grayson played this season as a team. It was just one of those things that happens sometimes. Galax is very tough, no doubt about it. However, this game could very well end up like the CW/Sussex game. I've already heard Galax fans at work talking about how Clintwood will probably just lay down if they get behind by a couple of td's, due to their style of tough defense/smashmouth offensive style. My reply was "don't be so sure..." CW needs to get to their QB. Their line has done a good job with pass protection, and if you knock him around a bit, you may shake him up.

Bluedevil94,

I am a Galax fan and I DO NOT see CW or anyone that has made it this far "laying down." Don't know anyone from Galax that feels that way. I know that Grayson and Galax have always been rivals and maybe some of your co-workers and you have that healthy rivalry still alive. Anyone from Galax that thinks CW will lay down are just knuckleheads period! This should be an entertaining game for high school football fans.

Galax 56 Clintwood 10

i seen them play and i just think clintwood will wear them down due to size.that score u predicting is redicoulously wrong in my opinion.

Bluedevil94,

I am a Galax fan and I DO NOT see CW or anyone that has made it this far "laying down." Don't know anyone from Galax that feels that way. I know that Grayson and Galax have always been rivals and maybe some of your co-workers and you have that healthy rivalry still alive. Anyone from Galax that thinks CW will lay down are just knuckleheads period! This should be an entertaining game for high school football fans.

I agree with you about CW. I don't think they will just "lay down" either. Just posting a comment that was made. I just look at the people who are saying that as some of those over-excited fans who make comments without really thinking. There's a few in every crowd wherever you go. :p

Galax 56 Clintwood 10

Our mission toward Galax ...Out-do -Over -do -Under -do anything the other team Can do... We seek to Out -do your Oline---Out -do your Dline-- Over do your run game -Under -do your pass game...We are on a mission to disrupt your whole schemes.. we have been called less than better than GW ..We were told to lace up our basketball shoes when Sussex beat Covinton 88-8... We were not suppose to win the LPD this year.. Skeptics have only made us more unified.. Our starting qb is out ...but we dedicate the game to him.. A shift took place in the second half at Sussex ... A roar of fan support out roared the home team of Sussex...7 hrs of travel --yet more Green was there than Home -Team -Red.. Final game for the Seniors ... Wave Pride on 3!

It makes me kinda sick pulling so hard for Clintwood but I just cant help myself!

On a side note ive watched some of the youtube videos of Galax and #45 seems to be their "bell cow", I cant wait to see him and Dotson meet head to head!

Our mission toward Galax ...Out-do -Over -do -Under -do anything the other team Can do... We seek to Out -do your Oline---Out -do your Dline-- Over do your run game -Under -do your pass game...We are on a mission to disrupt your whole schemes.. we have been called less than better than GW ..We were told to lace up our basketball shoes when Sussex beat Covinton 88-8... We were not suppose to win the LPD this year.. Skeptics have only made us more unified.. Our starting qb is out ...but we dedicate the game to him.. A shift took place in the second half at Sussex ... A roar of fan support out roared the home team of Sussex...7 hrs of travel --yet more Green was there than Home -Team -Red.. Final game for the Seniors ... Wave Pride on 3!

since when was ur qb out?

It makes me kinda sick pulling so hard for Clintwood but I just cant help myself!

On a side note ive watched some of the youtube videos of Galax and #45 seems to be their "bell cow", I cant wait to see him and Dotson meet head to head!

i really didnt see much out of 45 against honaker.he was one of several weapons but nothin special.