BCS Title Game

legend11

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaches, AP, and Harris Poll all have Bama #2, and while I respect your opinions UVAO, your about as wrong about this one as that UVA game ;).. sorry couldnt resist a little jab there! :D

Guess I should edit this and say that I read that the Harris has them #2, I haven't actually saw it myself yet tho.

Edited by Ditto

We have already seen what LSU's defense can do to one of these "entertaining offenses". (See Oregon and Arkansas). As a matter of fact we have already seen what Alabama can do also (see Arkansas).

I read somewhere that OSU scores like every 20 seconds. They better because if they go to New Orleans that might be all the time they get the ball. LSU will just line up and pound it all night long. It will resemble the Arkansas game from both Bama/LSU (and you can't tell me Arkansa and OSU are not comparible). OSU's offense may be better, but their defense is much worse.

I'm a little tired of hearing OSU fans/proponents using the plane crash as a chance for a mulligan. Tragic event don't get me wrong, but how many of those guys really knew the two coaches, knew a girl's basketball player, or was even concerned with it. My prayers go out to those two families, but I think it is lame to use that as a reason for a loss. Never once heard that from the Arkansas crowd and they lost a member of their football family.

I'm a little tired of hearing OSU fans/proponents using the plane crash as a chance for a mulligan. Tragic event don't get me wrong, but how many of those guys really knew the two coaches, knew a girl's basketball player, or was even concerned with it. My prayers go out to those two families, but I think it is lame to use that as a reason for a loss. Never once heard that from the Arkansas crowd and they lost a member of their football family.

exactly. I've been calling BS on that since it happened and they started making excuses. I hate it for the people and the families that it happened to, but i totally agree with you in that it didn't directly affect the OSU football team.

Almost as lame as the "we played Boise on a Monday night and were so emotionally deflated that we rolled over and played dead against a 6-5 team from the FCS" excuse, amirite?

38-0

You forgot the "1" before the "0". Certainly you didn't mean the score of the 11/26 game, because that means that you're justifying your whole season based on the performance of one game against your rival. In other words, validating your team's season in reference to your rival.

We know we're important, but we shouldn't be the only thing on your minds.

Its going to be Alabama and LSU again, easily/hands down/without a question the best two teams in college football right now.

This whole mess though is just another reason why college football needs a playoff system. Too bad it won't happen because all they care about is $$$

I do. They have the best Offense in the country.

Can I place my order for whatever you two are smoking? LOL! If either LSU or Bama's defense got hold of that offense Oklahoma State would look like 2011 Auburn.

Edited by blueinbama

Can I place my order for whatever you two are smoking? LOL!

Do you honestly think OSU Doesn't have the best offense?

BTW, I'm straight edge. Meaning I don't drink, smoke, or do any sort of recreational substance. Not even "not-pot".

Do you honestly think OSU Doesn't have the best offense?

BTW, I'm straight edge. Meaning I don't drink, smoke, or do any sort of recreational substance. Not even "not-pot".

Ryan, I didn't mean what are you smoking literally, friend. It's a figure of speech. I think Oklahoma State has a great offense against defenses other than those of Bama and LSU. Iowa State shut them down for goodness sakes! You don't think the two best defenses in the country can stop that offense? Look what both Bama and LSU did to Arkansas. Quarterbacks can't throw from their backs, and nobody is going to have a field day running the ball against either of those defenses. LSU had an off day (first half that is) and still beat the crap out of Georgia. These are two defenses the likes of which don't come around that often, even as SEC defenses go.

Edited by blueinbama

Deal. If they play, we'll make the arrangements. Just to be clear, the bet is five touchdowns, correct?

I'd go with 35 points. 37 points is 4 TDs and 3 FGs, for example. I think that's in the ballpark.

And I'm not saying that LSU wouldn't win. Just saying that this game would be awfully high scoring.

But yes, we'll make arrangements if that's acceptable.

I'd go with 35 points. 37 points is 4 TDs and 3 FGs, for example. I think that's in the ballpark.

And I'm not saying that LSU wouldn't win. Just saying that this game would be awfully high scoring.

But yes, we'll make arrangements if that's acceptable.

The question was, "Do you think Ok. State can score 5 TD's against LSU?" Your answer was, "I do". Are you backing down? FG's don't count. This was not a point spread bet. But I'm not going to hold you to that...lol. I would take that bet.

Edited by blueinbama

For the record, it's probably a done deal that we will never find out. There are a lot of "sources" that claim to be close to the computer voting situation out there tweeting their brains out, and 100% of them have said Bama remains #2. So it's most likely a moot point.

The question was, "Do you think Ok. State can score 5 TD's against LSU?" Your answer was, "I do". Are you backing down? FG's don't count. This was not a point spread bet.

I think they can. I don't think I'm willing to wager $100 on 5 TDs, because I think OSU probably scores 4. That's a TD/quarter.

I think they can. I don't think I'm willing to wager $100 on 5 TDs, because I think OSU probably scores 4. That's a TD/quarter.

I would still be willing to take the bet that OSU won't score 35 points on LSU. I edited my response. I still think it's an easy hundred...lol.

Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State, a 6-6 unranked team. Bama lost to LSU 9-6, and actually outplayed LSU. No brainer. Bama vs LSU. Oklahoma State would be blown out vs LSU.

I know this surprises everyone! :)

They also lost on the same day that two Oklahoma State coaches died in a plane crash......Think their minds may have been elsewhere? If Bama lost to LSU at Baton Rouge, or on a neutral field then they should get the shot. But they didn't, they lost at home when they had every chance to win.

This^^^

They also lost on the same day that two Oklahoma State coaches died in a plane crash......Think their minds may have been elsewhere? If Bama lost to LSU at Baton Rouge, or on a neutral field then they should get the shot. But they didn't, they lost at home when they had every chance to win.

Tuscaloosa also had a tornado that destroyed their town and killed many, but you don't see me using that as an excuse. I'm sorry for their loss, but they had a job to do and they didn't get the job done against a 6-6 team. No excuses, period.