Bosie State Big East

Rhschamps04

The others are morons, then. And it makes the MWC look as toothless as the Manifest Destiny Conference looks for letting ND play basketball in its prestigious conference without any football liability.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7326221/sources-boise-state-broncos-wac-san-diego-state-aztecs-big-west-non-football-programs

Boise is putting their other sports teams back in the WAC and SDSU is putting theirs in the Big West...... So they aren't staying in the MWC at all.

"I feel the Big East is a coward's way into automatic qualifing."

That is more or less what I was trying to say also Union, I think its cheap, and Im sure they are/were other choices but they opted for the perceived easiest route, now I can only hope that they take the Big East AQ status away which would be hilarious to me and they would still get the stank end of the stick!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7326221/sources-boise-state-broncos-wac-san-diego-state-aztecs-big-west-non-football-programs

Boise is putting their other sports teams back in the WAC and SDSU is putting theirs in the Big West...... So they aren't staying in the MWC at all.

SDSU's Big West retreat makes sense, because Big West is a studly baseball conference.

Boise's move, though, it beyond stupid.

I think something that everyone is missing is, the Big East will lose its auto-bid to the BCS after 2012. So these schools will only reap the benefit of the auto-bid for one more year. Lots of $$$$$ to spend for one shot at glory.

Guest The Variable
I think something that everyone is missing is, the Big East will lose its auto-bid to the BCS after 2012. So these schools will only reap the benefit of the auto-bid for one more year. Lots of $$$$$ to spend for one shot at glory.

This could very well be true. However, if Boise State shows up and plays as well as they have in the MAC then they might stave that off a little while longer. Of course maybe that just proves that the Big East is no different from the MAC.

Folk are critical of Boise St but they had to do something. They couldnt stay in the MAC and maybe what they are getting out of the Big East is more practical than going to another conference like the PAC, if they even wanted them.

Unless the ACC thinks that their teams are going to get better, they need to bring in teams that ARE better. All you Tech fans who get it, know that Tech needs quality wins. Beating teams like Boise St is much better than beating Maryland. You guys want to get respect and really get people to think you have earned your rankings? You have to have a schedule with some challenges.

THIS is why Boise to the Big East (and, in retrospect, maybe WVU to the Big XII) is a stupid move...

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/33754694

BCS AQ status likely gone in 2014

Posted on: December 8, 2011 11:43 am

Edited on: December 8, 2011 1:16 pm

NEW YORK – For all the critics of the BCS, rejoice: it appears that the BCS automatic qualifying status format will be gone in 2014.

At least that’s the indication that Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany and Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky gave during Thursday’s IMG Forum at the Marriott Marquis.

“Some of the people that don’t have (BCS AQ status), say they don’t want it,†Delany said. “Some of the people that do have it, don’t really care about it. Maybe it needs to be reconsidered. I’m not wed to it. I’m wed to the 1-2 game and I’m wed to the Rose Bowl. I’m not wed to the (BCS AQ) selection process or the limitations.â€

The current BCS format expires after the 2013 season. There is growing speculation that when the new format is voted on and established in 2014, it could simply be reduced to only pitting the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in a bowl game or a Plus-One model (the top four teams would be seeded in the bowl games).

Either the Plus-One or without the Plus-One model would allow the other current BCS bowl games – Fiesta, Sugar, Orange and Rose – to simply align with whichever conferences they want and would not be required to select teams based on a BCS ranking.

"I feel strongly it’s been a negative driver from our perspective,†Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky. “I hope to be involved in a BCS we do it in a way where we can create a more happy BCS without these class systems. I think it’s possible to do it. In a competitive format that requires teams to be competitive teams in order to participate.â€

Added Delany: “As long as I can go to the Rose Bowl, I don’t really care,†Delany said.

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick isn't in favor of the Plus-One model, but expects change in 2014.

“(Without the BCS AQ format) takes so many forms, it's hard to draw a conclusion from that," Swarbrick said. "You could fashion a version which probably would be good. It doesn’t take a lot of imagination to fashion a version that might not be good."

A playoff system where:

1. Each conference champ gets in, then the rest are filled with at large bids.

2. Utilize a 10 game schedule.

3. With 12 conference champs, 20 at large bids, = 16 first round games, 8 second round, 4 thrid round, 2 semis, 1 champ.

4. That is 15 games for the teams making the championship. 2 more than several teams have done this year. If your not a fan of 32 go with a lower number and give a bye for the top 2 ranked.

5. Oh, do away with preseason rankings completley. Use a system similar to BCS point system, keep it for all I care. Each team gets points based on who they beat.

* Just a thought. I enjoy watching the fcs games, they are tons of fun. It also gives young teams the ability grow and not be severly penalized for an early season loss.

A playoff system where:

3. With 12 conference champs, 20 at large bids, = 16 first round games, 8 second round, 4 thrid round, 2 semis, 1 champ.

4. That is 15 games for the teams making the championship. 2 more than several teams have done this year. If your not a fan of 32 go with a lower number and give a bye for the top 2 ranked.

5. Oh, do away with preseason rankings completley. Use a system similar to BCS point system, keep it for all I care. Each team gets points based on who they beat.

* Just a thought. I enjoy watching the fcs games, they are tons of fun. It also gives young teams the ability grow and not be severly penalized for an early season loss.

Agree, except I've proven time and again where a 12-game regular season can work in this very same format. Also, I'm impartial about polls.

A playoff system where:

I would love to see this as well, but it would probably actually be feasible if you knocked off a whole round by only having 4 at large teams instead of 20. That way it starts with 16, then 8, 4, 2.

But at this point, even having the top 4 teams in a playoff would do... Just give us a playoff already.

I think a 4 team playoff would work great.

Think about this year we'd have #1 LSU v. #4 Stanford and #2 Bama vs. #3 OKSt., yeah we might end up with Bama/LSU but at least they'd prove they belong (or at least Bama would).

I think 4 teams would work out every year last year (AUB v. STAN, ORE v. TCU).

If the BCS wants to continue to exist they should introduce a whole new point system, do away with the polls (for formulas) and the computers. Introduce a point per win system and introduce a system where you get EXTRA points based on who you beat (using the season's final records) that way if a Boise team does go 12-0 and they beat one good team (let's say 10-2) and an SEC team goes 11-1 (with 3 or 4 good wins) then we know who deserves a shot..

Personally, though I think we will continue to see the BCS reform and we'll probably get a 4-team playoff.