Obama Set to Block Keystone Pipeline:

Deleted Account

Guest The Variable
1. 20,000 jobs constructing Alberta-to-Texas pipeline.

2. Oil from the world's 8th-largest source at a sweetheart rate.

3. Not having to rely on the Strait of Hormuz for 1/5 of our oil.

Yeah, stupid idea, amirite? Is he trying to lose the election?

Bush created Oil so we would be dependant on it. Obama is simply trying to save us from our own ignorance. We already have lots of unemployed people...why worry about those jobs?

Just a bit of spice for the debate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-the-keystone-xl-pipeline/2011/12/19/gIQApUAX8P_story.html

I am curious if anyone has found that the proposal was rejected by the WH for anything other than the deadline House Republicans had set not allowing time to analyze the impact of the pipeline. It is the only reason I have come across

Guest The Variable

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-the-keystone-xl-pipeline/2011/12/19/gIQApUAX8P_story.html

I am curious if anyone has found that the proposal was rejected by the WH for anything other than the deadline House Republicans had set not allowing time to analyze the impact of the pipeline. It is the only reason I have come across

They put the deadline in because the WH have been postponing this decision and delaying the approval process for some time now. They have had all the time that they need to know what the effect will be. Part of this is the environmental base doesnt want it, and part of this will be because approving this would be a win for the GOP as they pushed for this pipeline.

If that's the reason, it's even worse than the "pandering to environmentalists" reason I was expecting.

Given the Democrats' stance on Obamacare, that'd be all kinds of hypocrisy.

I'm not a real political savvy gentlemen. So maybe somebody could help me with this. Obama turned down creating thousands of jobs for Americans by not letting the Canadians run pipeline down from west/central Canada down through states like plain states to refineries throughout the US for oil?

I'm not a real political savvy gentlemen. So maybe somebody could help me with this. Obama turned down creating thousands of jobs for Americans by not letting the Canadians run pipeline down from west/central Canada down through states like plain states to refineries throughout the US for oil?

Yes. Runs counter to any common sense, doesn't it?

You know, I've been thinking. With the next election, it doesn't matter who gets the presidency, if we don't elect a congress to match, nothing will get done and things like this pipeline thing will keep happening. I just hope most of the voters in November realize this and vote accordingly.

Guest The Variable
That's what's expected.

To add: What we have shown Canada is that they cant depend on us and that they cant trust us.

To add: What we have shown Canada is that they cant depend on us and that they cant trust us.

That's one of my biggest concerns in all of this. Now Canada's gonna think twice before making deals like this with us and that'll cost us big time in the future.

Guest The Variable
Obama has been a terrible President. Unfortunately I think he will get another 4 years.

Krauthammer last night on FB: GOP suicide watch. How to blow an unlosable election on display.

• 2 weeks later...