Please Read.

The people I've talked to (or attempted at least), have looked very approachable. Then they give me that look. It confused me for the first few days.

Then you aren't experienced at noticing the difference between:

A. "I'm very happy and just want to tell the world about it!" and

B. "I'm just going about my day, ain't been bad so far."

Then you aren't experienced at noticing the difference between:

A. "I'm very happy and just want to tell the world about it!" and

B. "I'm just going about my day, ain't been bad so far."

Personally I think it has more to do with:

A. I moved here from the north and I'm a jerk and everybody can kiss my ass...or

B. I'm from the south and I know how to treat people. I can still be nice even if I'm having a bad day because I know what manners are.

I'm telling you...yankees...northerners...transplants...the Raleigh area is full of them.

Mmhmm. Everywhere. There's more people I talk to (excluding teens and such) that have a northern accent than a normal one.

Personally I think it has more to do with:

A. I moved here from the north and I'm a jerk and everybody can kiss my ass...or

B. I'm from the south and I know how to treat people. I can still be nice even if I'm having a bad day because I know what manners are.

I'll take "A" for $1000, Alex...

Mmhmm. Everywhere. There's more people I talk to (excluding teens and such) that have a northern accent than a normal one.

North Carolina was the "promise land" a few years ago...lots of growth and plenty of jobs. I-95 was the funnel that put them into NC...Raleigh just happened to be the largest city closest to I-95...lots of them settled there.

Kinda like the Hillbilly Highway (I-77)...lots of West Virginians in the Charlotte area...

From my visits to each city, I think there's a huge difference between Charlotte and Raleigh...nice folks in the Charlotte area and a bunch of arseholes in the Raleigh area...

North Carolina was the "promise land" a few years ago...lots of growth and plenty of jobs. I-95 was the funnel that put them into NC...Raleigh just happened to be the largest city closest to I-95...lots of them settled there.

Kinda like the Hillbilly Highway (I-77)...lots of West Virginians in the Charlotte area...

From my visits to each city, I think there's a huge difference between Charlotte and Raleigh...nice folks in the Charlotte area and a bunch of arseholes in the Raleigh area...

It depends on the area of Charlotte, and it also has a lot to do with the fact that approximately 50% of my customers tend to be career bankers who think their $hi* don't stink! I have also met some very nice people in Charlotte, to your point.

It depends on the area of Charlotte, and it also has a lot to do with the fact that approximately 50% of my customers tend to be career bankers who think their $hi* don't stink! I have also met some very nice people in Charlotte, to your point.

I would guess that most of your clientele is pretty "uppity" at South Park...I feel so out of place when I go there with my wife. LOL

I always do my best hillbilly accent/attitude when I go to South Park...you should see some of the looks I get. I use my best Appalachian accent and say a lot of things like what you'd hear on the Andy Griffith Show. "Golly, did you ever see such a thing? We don't have any of these citified things back home..." is always a classic line...the wife just shakes her head and gets so embarrassed.

I would guess that most of your clientele is pretty "uppity" at South Park...I feel so out of place when I go there with my wife. LOL

I always do my best hillbilly accent/attitude when I go to South Park...you should see some of the looks I get. I use my best Appalachian accent and say a lot of things like what you'd hear on the Andy Griffith Show. "Golly, did you ever see such a thing? We don't have any of these citified things back home..." is always a classic line...the wife just shakes her head and gets so embarrassed.

LOL! I love it! You're right about Southpark. It's "Uppity Heaven". I had a lady earlier today pick up a shoe and say it was a copy of a Jimmy Choo, a popular upscale shoe brand, and she would never buy a copy of anything. I told her, "Ma'am, Jimmy Choo copies us, they just triple the price". Not true, but she got the point. I smiled and continued to tell her about our factories in Italy and that the reason we could sell our hand crafted Italian shoes for $250.00 per pair vs Jimmy Choo's $500.00 per pair is because we owned our own factories (which is true). She bought two pair, and left with a different perspective. I love it when that happens.

I had moved to Flint, Michigan a few years ago after this lady I was seeing moved to unfortunately. I started working at a restaraunt, the Manager hired me on the spot just because of how friendly I was and my accent. I was in a pretty rough neighborhood in East Flint, they were some cold hearted people up there, very dangerous place. Everybody I was around was glad to see someone who was nice and had manners, I guess they just dont teach those things up there anymore. Finally the me and the girl I was with parted ways and I had 3 more ladies beggin me to move in with them, Those Northern girls love us Southern Boys. But since I had no family up there I came back this way, Flint is no place to live, or better yet any part of Michigan!

lol...thats called "culture shock" Ryan.

Let me help you out here...next time someone behind you starts laying on the horn, just put your car in reverse so your back up lights come on and then stare at them in the rear view mirror....that is passive aggressive. If they get out of the car then you get out of your car and throw them in to oncoming traffic and splatter their guts all over the intersection. You will feel much better.

and also called stress from all the traffic and people trying to get from one place to another on crowed highways and streets.