Please Read.

I'm getting sick of looking outside the car windows everyday and see trash everywhere along the roads and such. Do you guys, not really at you, but to whoever does it, not care about the world we live in? Come on, I want a healthy world for my descendants and you should want the same. It's bad for the environment... It's not that hard to hold that trash or keep it in your vehicle in your car all the way home and put it in the trash can instead, they throw them out and litter the place. It's sickening... We all have to take care of the world we live in.... It is such a mess.... We have got to straighten ourselves out.... Come on people. It's morally wrong to litter.

I think this all the time, especially when I'm at the Bristol Walmart. Trash just lining the roads that weave through Walmart, Sam's Club, and Lowes. I guess a lot of people just expect volunteers, people living in the area, and inmates to pick up their trash for them, especially if it's someone not from the area.

I'm getting sick of looking outside the car windows everyday and see trash everywhere along the roads and such. Do you guys, not really at you, but to whoever does it, not care about the world we live in? Come on, I want a healthy world for my descendants and you should want the same. It's bad for the environment... It's not that hard to hold that trash or keep it in your vehicle in your car all the way home and put it in the trash can instead, they throw them out and litter the place. It's sickening... We all have to take care of the world we live in.... It is such a mess.... We have got to straighten ourselves out.... Come on people. It's morally wrong to litter.

Come down here and look around. What it's like back home is NOTHING like here. And I mean nothing.

I think this all the time, especially when I'm at the Bristol Walmart. Trash just lining the roads that weave through Walmart, Sam's Club, and Lowes. I guess a lot of people just expect volunteers, people living in the area, and inmates to pick up their trash for them, especially if it's someone not from the area.

People just don't care about the world they live in anymore.... It's sad.

People in General now a days...(not you guys of course...) are self centered and don't care about anything but their own agenda. They are rude to other people, expect what they want when they want it.... They have no sense of pride in their work, in their property or how they carry themselves..... it is 2012, after all....

People in General now a days...(not you guys of course...) are self centered and don't care about anything but their own agenda. They are rude to other people, expect what they want when they want it.... They have no sense of pride in their work, in their property or how they carry themselves..... it is 2012, after all....

The difference in the population as a whole from SWVA to Raleigh-Durham is completely different. It's crazy really. I expected some differences. But the way it is blew my mind.

The difference in the population as a whole from SWVA to Raleigh-Durham is completely different. It's crazy really. I expected some differences. But the way it is blew my mind.

Ryan, I'm curious to know what are the specific differences you have noticed.

Its called "education"...

Ryan, I'm curious to know what are the specific differences you have noticed.

I guess I was raised on southern hospitality. No one down here cares about anyone but themselves. I was at a red light waiting for it to turn green so I could turn left. The guy behind me just laid on his horn the entire light amd shouted at me to go on already. I was also at Walmart, and I guess I wasn't walking fast enough. So a woman literally hit me with a buggy to get by me. It's little things like that. When you walk into a fast food place or a service station, the cashiers aren't freindly. They don't smile, say thanks, tell you to come back again. It's just different.

I guess I was raised on southern hospitality. No one down here cares about anyone but themselves. I was at a red light waiting for it to turn green so I could turn left. The guy behind me just laid on his horn the entire light amd shouted at me to go on already. I was also at Walmart, and I guess I wasn't walking fast enough. So a woman literally hit me with a buggy to get by me. It's little things like that. When you walk into a fast food place or a service station, the cashiers aren't freindly. They don't smile, say thanks, tell you to come back again. It's just different.

That's exactly what I have experienced here in Charlotte. When I get outside of the city limits into the small towns, people are friendly. But here, especially in the area where I work with all the people who have transferred with the banking industry to Charlotte from up north and elsewhere, people are extremely rude. It took me some getting used to. Even when I would speak to someone and say something as innocent as "How are you today?" People would look at me like I had three heads. Moving here from Birmingham, Al. was a culture shock for sure. People in the deep south and in areas like Southwest Virginia are much more friendly and respectful. But I refuse to let that change who I am. I still kill them with kindness, and honestly most of the time it changes their mood. I guess they aren't used to being treated like human beings.

lol...thats called "culture shock" Ryan.

Let me help you out here...next time someone behind you starts laying on the horn, just put your car in reverse so your back up lights come on and then stare at them in the rear view mirror....that is passive aggressive. If they get out of the car then you get out of your car and throw them in to oncoming traffic and splatter their guts all over the intersection. You will feel much better.

That's exactly what I have experienced here in Charlotte. When I get outside of the city limits into the small towns, people are friendly. But here, especially in the area where I work with all the people who have transferred with the banking industry to Charlotte from up north and elsewhere, people are extremely rude. It took me some getting used to. Even when I would speak to someone and say something as innocent as "How are you today?" People would look at me like I had three heads. Moving here from Birmingham, Al. was a culture shock for sure. People in the deep south and in areas like Southwest Virginia are much more friendly and respectful. But I refuse to let that change who I am. I still kill them with kindness, and honestly most of the time it changes their mood. I guess they aren't used to being treated like human beings.

I know what you mean. The guy over the guitar dept at Guitar Center is the only nice person I've encountered yet. Lol. I've tried talking to people in lines at various places, but I get the "why the $+ are you talking to me" look. I just smile and talk to someone else. Lol.

I know what you mean. The guy over the guitar dept at Guitar Center is the only nice person I've encountered yet. Lol. I've tried talking to people in lines at various places, but I get the "why the $+ are you talking to me" look. I just smile and talk to someone else. Lol.

That's the best method. As I said, kill them with kindness and most of the time they are the ones that end up looking and feeling foolish. I also have learned not to argue with people about unreasonable requests. I have a box of business cards with my home office's contact number. If they want to show their ass, I hand them a card and wish them luck. If people want to be reasonable, I will make them happy 100% of the time. If they want to be demanding assholes, they can take it to the home office. So far I've had 100% success putting these idiots in their place. I just refuse to let them make my life miserable. They're not worth it.

That's the best method. As I said, kill them with kindness and most of the time they are the ones that end up looking and feeling foolish. I also have learned not to argue with people about unreasonable requests. I have a box of business cards with my home office's contact number. If they want to show their ass, I hand them a card and wish them luck. If people want to be reasonable, I will make them happy 100% of the time. If they want to be demanding assholes, they can take it to the home office. So far I've had 100% success putting these idiots in their place. I just refuse to let them make my life miserable. They're not worth it.

Yeah. People don't care about anything but themselves.... That's why the world is getting worse every day...

Its all those damn yankees that have moved south...

Yeah, very unwise to ever do this in a city.

A good rule of thumb: if a person doesn't look approachable, don't approach them.

If a person seems to have a non-creepy happy disposition, then proceed at your risk.

Yeah, very unwise to ever do this in a city.

A good rule of thumb: if a person doesn't look approachable, don't approach them.

If a person seems to have a non-creepy happy disposition, then proceed at your risk.

The people I've talked to (or attempted at least), have looked very approachable. Then they give me that look. It confused me for the first few days.

The people I've talked to (or attempted at least), have looked very approachable. Then they give me that look. It confused me for the first few days.

I'm telling you...yankees...northerners...transplants...the Raleigh area is full of them.

I'm telling you...yankees...northerners...transplants...the Raleigh area is full of them.

truth.

I went to boot camp when i was 17 in Chicago...left home with $25 in my pocket and a change of clothes...it's a wake up call.

I couldn't figure out why the black guys kept getting pissed off when I'd say "boy"...lol.