Awkward!!!

If true, it will fall under the category of curiouser and curiouser.

It begs the question was Johnson driving the bus Weaver threw Seth under?

I found myself in a similar situation five years ago...but I didn't go back...you should know what I'm talking about...

I would guess this was to keep the current players from transferring and hope that the recruits will stay. Will have to wait a few years to see if this was the right move.

Johnson was well liked by lots of folks (players/AD staff/recruits)...his departure was the proverbial straw.

Glad to see him back at VT!

From looking at a few different boards...seems to be a hire that the fans can live with too.

Also noticed that current players are very excited on his return to the VT sidelines...

This could end up a good hire.

I just can't understand why VT wouldn't look at a proven HC at a mid major conference. VT has a lot of exposure because of the football team and playing in the ACC. I just think they could have went after a bigger hire.

This could end up a good hire.

I just can't understand why VT wouldn't look at a proven HC at a mid major conference. VT has a lot of exposure because of the football team and playing in the ACC. I just think they could have went after a bigger hire.

LOL, VT isn't going to pay the bucks it takes to hire someone that isn't a cast off or a raw assistant.

LOL, VT isn't going to pay the bucks it takes to hire someone that isn't a cast off or a raw assistant.

There's a thread on TSL right now with people complaining about BB ticket prices---yet the fans wonder why Weaver won't pony up for a better coach.

There's a thread on TSL right now with people complaining about BB ticket prices---yet the fans wonder why Weaver won't pony up for a better coach.

Exactly. Football can't pay for everything. Basketball's got to carry its own weight, and why shouldn't it? VT's an ACC school, and Cassell isn't as cavernous as JPJ. With 2x UVA's enrollment and alumni, VT should be packing them to the rafters most every night.

Basketball tickets aren't THAT bad, either...

But you forget... it's basketball. It's not football.

Do they even keep score?

I didn't think so.

VT will care about basketball the day they introduce a three point line! That'll be the day.