What is happening?

Gunz9

HERE IS MY 2 CENTS

To all Current and Future Student Athletes

I myself bleed Cardinal and Gold, It's a thing that you grow to love, that you earn through hard work and determination. It's not given and I believe that is what today's young men at Graham have grown away from. Just because you have a coach that is trying to improve you as a player and a person doesnt' mean that he doesn't like you any less than the next person. Think about it this way, when some of you graduate and don't go to college, your forced to get a job and at that job you have to work hard to keep it, mommy and daddy can't come help you when the boss man gets mad at you. Another thing PARENTS let this man do his job, he is there to teach, not only the game of football but the game of life. I have never met Coach Williams but i completly agree with what he is doing for that program, he isn't taking kids away from other sports, actually he is doing parents a favor and making sure there kids stay out of trouble by keeping them in various sports plus his strength and conditioning program, Think of it this way, this man walked into a horrbile situation where there was no discipline, where weight conditioning was a joke and he is giving his all to put his players in the best situation to win, Thats right he is a coach and his job is to put players in the best situauon to win a ball game, not to play little tommy because his daddy gave more money to the boosters, but to play the players that have shown him 110 percent. AND FINALLLY

It has been 1 yr. give this guy a break, he's doing the best he can with the hand he was given. Players step up, buy into his program and support your coach, your community and your school. A G-man isn't afraid of a little lightning,or squishy faced bull dogs, Remember where that G-star came from, remember who wore it before you. Remember the teams, the coaches, the 10,000 people in August. Remember it boys because it doesn't last long and before you know it your some old man on the internet wishing you had a coach half as dedicated as the one you boys have

BRAVO well said these new kids and new parents need to step up this is not tazewell this is GRAHAM HIGH SCHOOL i am proud to have gone to GHS way back when carlock first came to the blfd. va school before then we had coach hedrick a good man but ghs was not competiive as they were after carlock came. now we have williams after marrs who is a good man but ghs was not competive with him as head coach. now is the time for people to step up and support the coach,team and the kids. i for one will be at the graham beaver game cheering on the GMEN. just wish i could make it to all but alas i live to far away and have to work most every friday. but will still support them on here and up here in staunton where they do not know what it is like to play football in snow or a downpour they will many times postpone the game till better weather.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People complained about Carlock's rough disposition with his players....but in the end, his players respected him for the "tough love". I don't think parents raise their kids with "tough love" anymore. They just give them what they want and that's where all this instant gratification stuff comes in. I wish them luck.

People complained about Carlock's rough disposition with his players....but in the end, his players respected him for the "tough love". I don't think parents raise their kids with "tough love" anymore. They just give them what they want and that's where all this instant gratification stuff comes in. I wish them luck.

Everyone will have there complaints, but the ones that will stick it out will be rewarded in the end. People need to relize that this world isn't perfect! If it were then no one would have to worry about a thing. You have to stick it out through thick and thin. GHS73 thank you for your support, you are the kind of people that Graham was built around, through thick and thin you stand by your school. Like i said I bleed Cardinal and Gold, and always will. I firmly believe that if the kids go with the flow and buy into Coach Williams that great things can happen but the parents/kids need to relize that it isn't magic and doesn't happen over night

• 4 weeks later...
BRAVO well said these new kids and new parents need to step up this is not tazewell this is GRAHAM HIGH SCHOOL i am proud to have gone to GHS way back when carlock first came to the blfd. va school before then we had coach hedrick a good man but ghs was not competiive as they were after carlock came. now we have williams after marrs who is a good man but ghs was not competive with him as head coach. now is the time for people to step up and support the coach,team and the kids. i for one will be at the graham beaver game cheering on the GMEN. just wish i could make it to all but alas i live to far away and have to work most every friday. but will still support them on here and up here in staunton where they do not know what it is like to play football in snow or a downpour they will many times postpone the game till better weather.

Great post! I could not agree with you more! I look forward to driving up from Roanoke on August 24 for the Bluefield game and ... another Graham victory!