7 0n 7

mrb

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

No problem, I wasnt sure when u posted. If it was tue or thu I would have checked it out but im not driving to Wise on my day off!

How does Clintwood do a 7on7? I didnt know they had more than 4 pass plays in the playbook!

lol.....with all the talent Coach Mullins has this year I would bet they do a lot more passing than usual. I did not attend the 7 on 7, heard Twin Springs was also there along with Central, and Clintwood. The Senior class has so much speed and talent Coach Mullins has an opportunity to really open things up this season. The schedule being the same as last year only makes it better, Hazard and Grayson County are the games that the players are very hungry for I am sure, and the Haysi game should be very good. Coach Colley is very good at using what he has and he did get some good players from Ervington.

I think it would be good for the Greenwave if Mullins would "open it up" and I think they will but I think they will stay in some form of the I 90% of the time and maybe go Split Backs for drop back passes. I dont think he will scale back the rushing game, so he wont be able to expand the passing game that much(not an effective passing game anyway). They have 2-3 guys that would make good TE/H-Backs and I think they could be really good incorporating some of what Galax ran(in terms of formations) into their playbook. Alot of the Run plays would be basically the same but the passing game would really open up and make it easier for the QB.

Clintwood has the talent to do what they did last year but they are gonna have to do it in a different way imo

Did anyone attend this 7on7?

Edited by redtiger

I wonder if Robbie Mullins will move from DT to LB to fill Austin Dotsons position, but on offense I still see him taking reps at tailback instead of fullback.....with his reputation I see a lot of wannabe tacklers turning their heads when he comes their way. Can't wait for the season to start and I predict the Grayson game will be a large crowd with a early season playoff atmosphere.

Not sure Grayson will have the stuff to even play with C Wood this year, they will be decent but big drop off from 2011, could be a long Sept. 14 for the boys from Independence

I wonder if Robbie Mullins will move from DT to LB to fill Austin Dotsons position, but on offense I still see him taking reps at tailback instead of fullback.....with his reputation I see a lot of wannabe tacklers turning their heads when he comes their way. Can't wait for the season to start and I predict the Grayson game will be a large crowd with a early season playoff atmosphere.

I see him at LB this season, I understand playing him at DT but he is too good to keep inside. DE or LB imo

I think Mullins will keep him in the rotation at TB(thats more Coach Mullins style) but I think it would be in their best interest to get as much talent on the field as possible and Robbie Mullins would make a great Fullback/H-Back(he played that position alot last season). Imo Clintwood sould involve him in the passing game more(easy passes for the QB) and its hard to do that if he is at TB. Meade is gonna get the carries at TB and has shown that he can carry the ball alot. Clintwood also has a couple of other guys that can play TB that are pretty fast

Clintwood will be ready for Grayson, reminds me of Volunteer a few years ago.

Edited by redtiger

Robbie has never been inside on the DL, he's been the strong side defensive end the last two years, with a little LB thrown in depending on the formation. This year, a full-time move to the LB position is more than likely. Offensively, Clintwood has the luxury of rotating 4 or 5 players from position to position in the backfield...including quarterback. If Coach takes advantage of this, Clintwood should be alot more diverse and unpredictable this year.

Both of their QBs are good passers and 1 would make a really good WR, they have 3-4 guys that can play RB and like I said earlier several TEs, I just dont see a pure FB and I dont mean that in a bad way. They have alot of versatility, im really interested in seeing how Mullins uses it. alot of talent on that team

Tanner Mullins has been playing fullback for the last two seasons when Dotson was out, he is very quick and will not hesitate to put a hit on ya. What he lacks in size compared to Dotson he will make up with his speed, intelligence to use of leverage, and he has a streak of pure meanness. He also has very good hands and does a great job catching the ball out in the flats on little flare out pass's, He is a play maker..

Edited by hawk

He is a good blocker but a little small to play FB imo(he has been very effective for them when he has been in there tho), he is one of the 2-3 guys I would play at H-back(for the reasons you mentioned). The other Middle LB #44 I think looks like he would make a good TE/H-back, big tough kid.

Did Clintwoods TE graduate?

44 is a Great kid, tough as nails,....but he doesn't have soft hands. They have been trying to get him to move to a pulling Guard but he does not want to give up his number. He will have a whale of a season on defense, by the end of the season everyone will know Chris Wampler. Nate Mullins was the Tight End last year and is a Junior this year.

Edited by hawk