Cornhole Game

Rhschamps04

Yeah, that's usually the problem with most of my stuff, lol. If you can't find it at a store like Walmart or Sears, your best bet might be to order it off the internet (a place like Walmart may not have what you want in store, but it might have it on their site, and they deliver to your store).

I saw a guy set up just below Sams yesterday selling them. Saw VT and WVU boards. dont know price

While I was doing my student teaching at Virginia Middle School in Bristol, the art teacher spent some of her free time making a couple of cornhole boards for some people. One was University of Kentucky and the other was Alabama. I think she charged something like $50 for each one (which if you look at some of the prices of the good boards, that's a pretty good deal, and she did really good work too).

They really arent that hard to make. The only thing that is tough is the holes, and they could be done with a jig saw(usually done with a hole saw).

My fieancees brother made a Duke one, used cabinent grade plyboard. Put the Duke basketball D on one and the Duke Football logo on the other, then put down a poly clear coad(kinda looks like a basketball floor) they looked great and he isint that skilled. His mom made the bags. Instructions/plans are all over the internet.

I dont see how she made much profit at $50!

They really arent that hard to make. The only thing that is tough is the holes, and they could be done with a jig saw(usually done with a hole saw).

My fieancees brother made a Duke one, used cabinent grade plyboard. Put the Duke basketball D on one and the Duke Football logo on the other, then put down a poly clear coad(kinda looks like a basketball floor) they looked great and he isint that skilled. His mom made the bags. Instructions/plans are all over the internet.

I dont see how she made much profit at $50!

I've looked it up and you could get everything at Lowes to build one for about $20-$25 (for one board of course). Sell for $50 and make $25-$30. I'm thinking about giving it a try myself.

it takes 2-3 hours to make a set of boards(im sure it gets faster with each one you do) and then the painting takes at least an hour(for just a basic color scheme).

You could make a profit but $25-30 for 3-4 hours work isint great(not counting making the bags). The complicated paint schemes are where the money is at(I dont have the skill to do that)

Edited by redtiger

it takes 2-3 hours to make a set of boards(im sure it gets faster with each one you do) and then the painting takes at least an hour(for just a basic color scheme).

You could make a profit but $25-30 for 3-4 hours work isint great(not counting making the bags). The complicated paint schemes are where the money is at(I dont have the skill to do that)

Luckily, I'm an artist and I pride myself in fast work :D I think I'm seriously gonna give this a try (I've been on the fence about doing it ever since I saw my student teaching mentor doing it, it just looked like a fun way to make money, if nothing more than gas money at least).