Richlands @ National 7 on 7 Qualifier

Sleepin nuts

Saw Richlands at the R. E. Lee 7 0n 7 National Qualifier in Staunton today.

There were 7 teams there. Heritage (Lynchburg), Rockbridge Co, Harrisonburg, Northside, Richlands and 2 R E Lee teams.

Richlands went 4-2 with wins over both Lee teams, Rockbridge Co and Harrisonburg (which included a bench clearing fight according to one of the refs LOL)

The two losses were to Heritage and Northside (Who went undefeated and won the tournament).

That's great man !! I have some family that still live up there and will go watch them.

Congrats to the guys!

i wonder what caused the brawl.. ....lol

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Not sure what caused the fight. It was on the lower field where I couldn't see.

The ref said that one of the teams scored and the defender wasn't happy. He said he was standing in the middle of the pile trying to pull bodies off of each other. LOL

I think it was Harrisonburg that scored but I'm not sure. We could hear the ruckus but couldn't see it.

Anybody have an update on the Richlands kid that dislocated his elbow in that game? It didn't sound like a good injury to have but I hope he will be ok.

Micheal Horton scored and they didnt like it and hit him in the head. Needless to say he didnt take it and three more Harrisonburg players jumped in. Then Todd Mcglothlin and Sam Lawson came to the rescue. Needless to say at was an all out brawl after that. Everybody was in then. It took a while to break it up.

They called the game after that, we were up by three touchdowns anyway.

Thanks for the update Blue Razor.

Certainly sounds like a tough kid.

I was on the upper field when Coach Mance came running up looking for the medical guys to help. Never a good thing to hear but I'm glad he's ok.

I hope Richlands does well at the National. Northside is gonna pass on going and I doubt Heritage will go so it may be up to Richland to carry the flag for Virginia. They have alot of work to do to be ready for that type of competition but either way it should be a good experience for them.

Northside is gonna pass on going and I doubt Heritage will go so it may be up to Richland to carry the flag for Virginia. They have alot of work to do to be ready for that type of competition but either way it should be a good experience for them.

why bother going to play in a qualifier event if you are not going to participate if you win it?

That was me that came up to get help. Thanks for the kind words. It will be a good experience i agree on that. We will not be at the level of most of them im sure but we will have all our starting skill players there this time. Three of our starters wasnt there Saturday. I dont know if it would have made any difference in the outcome or not.

I guarantee you we will go and represent this end of the state as well as they possibly can. Our boys love to compete. Thanks again for the kind words and checking on Josh.

why bother going to play in a qualifier event if you are not going to participate if you win it?

Lance, There needed to be enough teams to make it a Qualifier.

James Monroe and Cave Spring backed out at the last minute leaving only 5 teams.

Coach Tibbs volunteered his JV Squad (Hence the 2 R E Lee teams) and asked Northside and Rockbridge to help in order to get the minimum so that somebody would be able to go to the National if they wanted to. Would have sucked for Richlands to drive all that way and have it not qualify as a Qualifier.

Northside was headed to the 7on7 at UVA but changed plans to help out Coach Tibbs with the qualifier. I thought it was kinda cool of them.

That was me that came up to get help. Thanks for the kind words. It will be a good experience i agree on that. We will not be at the level of most of them im sure but we will have all our starting skill players there this time. Three of our starters wasnt there Saturday. I dont know if it would have made any difference in the outcome or not.

I guarantee you we will go and represent this end of the state as well as they possibly can. Our boys love to compete. Thanks again for the kind words and checking on Josh.

Glad to hear that Josh will be ok !

We got a lot of tough kids on that team that's for sure !

Tell the guys good luck from us and have a good time ! I sure wish i could go, but i just got out of the hospital for heart issues and won't be doing any traveling for a while.

Please try to keep us updated on how they are doing when they go.

Glad to hear that Josh will be ok !

We got a lot of tough kids on that team that's for sure !

Tell the guys good luck from us and have a good time ! I sure wish i could go, but i just got out of the hospital for heart issues and won't be doing any traveling for a while.

Please try to keep us updated on how they are doing when they go.

You get better yourself you Nader!

Lance, There needed to be enough teams to make it a Qualifier.

James Monroe and Cave Spring backed out at the last minute leaving only 5 teams.

Coach Tibbs volunteered his JV Squad (Hence the 2 R E Lee teams) and asked Northside and Rockbridge to help in order to get the minimum so that somebody would be able to go to the National if they wanted to. Would have sucked for Richlands to drive all that way and have it not qualify as a Qualifier.

Northside was headed to the 7on7 at UVA but changed plans to help out Coach Tibbs with the qualifier. I thought it was kinda cool of them.

gotcha...that makes sense...was just curious what the deal was.