2012 VHSL Master schedule

Beamerball

umm i might be mistaken but ain't grundy schedule the exact thing as last year even in the same order lol

They usually are the exact same order. Just flip flop the home and away. Richlands is the exact same way.

It appears the fill ins in VA for Ervinton's closure are:

TS @ Haysi

Rye Cove @ Twin Valley

Thomas Walker @ Castlewood

Hurley @ Eastside

Glad they were able to work something out.

Yeah, glad no one had to play 9 games. Haysi had to do that a few years ago.

im a little confused. i know about the closure of ervinton high school and certain schools had to find a 10th game to fill in the ervinton spot, but why does castlewood has to play thomas walker twice. thats what i dont get

answering 2 Qs here...

basically ALL fb schedules are the same as last year... 99% of scheds are done w/ 2-year contracts... 2nd year (this Fall) changes location. Only diffs might be with out-of-state games or special stuff (like ESPN and Oscar Smith) or closings/consolidations.

Castle doesn't HAVE to play Tom twice... but nobody else is available because all their scheds are full, except the other teams Erv. played... the above 8, Tri Cities Chistian & Montcalm. They you gotta match up open dates, and maybe travel forever (kinda think Rye Cove woulda liked something closer than Keen Mtn.) ... just easier to play each other again.

Edited by VHSLhelper

Especially if you are TW. Castlewood isn't a short trip, but its the lesser of two evils. Their best bet would have been if TCC's opening would have worked out to pick them up since they would have been going to Ervinton this year. The downside could have been that they would not have received power points for it though.

• 1 month later...
They usually are the exact same order. Just flip flop the home and away. Richlands is the exact same way.

Yeah, so is Grayson's. I wish they had some different non-district games. Feels like Grayson has been playing Chilhowie and Rural Retreat forever.

What i was wondering is how Twin Valley has 7 away games listed on the master schedule.Never heard of so many away games.All i can figure is were they had to make up for losing the Ervinton game,anybody heard anything?

it's called a "typo".

Look at Rye Cove's & Castlewood's schedules.

Always hared that about the VHSL... they never put out a 100% right schedule until after the season starts... (latest version is over 3 weeks old). I've even offered to proof it for 'em beforehand, but NOOOOOOOOOO.

Shoot... the reg. season is 3 days away, and the Tenn. scheds are wrong.

So newspapers & such will have the wrong info next week, unless they ask the coach for a schedule (the lazy ones won't).