Interesting argument on Hannity

ThomasDenton

I don't normally watch the big news stations like Fox, CNN, etc. unless something huge is happening (like 9/11), but while channel surfing I came across Hannity on Fox news and just had to watch. He had two guests (a woman from San Francisco and an older black lawyer guy, can't remember names) to discuss the Chick-fil-a thing. Hannity simply asked the guy his opinion and he immediately started UNLOADING about how Chick-fil-a hates gays and just outright spews hate. Hannity tried to ask several times what they said exactly that led him to the hate conclusion, but the guy just kept constantly spewing nonsense about Chick-fil-a using the Bible, which according to him is only used for hate, and never answered the question.

He just kept talking about how the KKK used the Bible to hate and, speaking to the woman guest, how the Bible puts women down. The woman actually supported Chick-fil-a's right to free speech, but everytime she tried to talk, the guy just kept interrupting, saying "shame on you" (referring to her being from San Fran and not dissing Chick-fil-a too) and just kept acting really immature. He eventually just left and said they were done. It was ridiculous (and hilarious)!

Also, every time Hannity tried to bring something up (just simple questions) the guy just kept saying "here we go" and tried to turn everything into a race/hate conflict. I think that guy needs to take a chill pill. Definitely didn't help his side of the argument at all acting like a stubborn kid. I hope I can find a video to post of this soon.

alot of the time that how they do it of Fox news; either bring in someone from the other side of the arguement who is rediculious and in turn makes the opposing side look rediculious or they bring in someone with no spine that they can tear apart. In my experience with Fox News thats not the rule but its the norm. Really its the same way with all of them no matter which "side" they are on.

I would like to see the video

alot of the time that how they do it of Fox news; either bring in someone from the other side of the arguement who is rediculious and in turn makes the opposing side look rediculious or they bring in someone with no spine that they can tear apart. In my experience with Fox News thats not the rule but its the norm. Really its the same way with all of them no matter which "side" they are on.

I would like to see the video

Those types of interviews go on at all the networks. I saw the same type of debate going on CNBC's Squawk Box the other morning about whether on how government should decide to enact a program. The two main guys basically kept implying that each other didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and interrupting each other.

Fox has their share of garbage, but I have to say that their main prime time hosts (Hannity & O' Reilly) do a better job than several others I've seen out there on other networks like Ed Schultz, Joe Scarborough, Alan Combs, & Rachael Maddow. Hell, Keith Obermann has now been fired from three different networks for being a bum on TV and an all out jackass in general. There really isn't much to choose from that I can stomach for more than a few min. at a time anyway.

I don't normally watch the big news stations like Fox, CNN, etc. unless something huge is happening (like 9/11), but while channel surfing I came across Hannity on Fox news and just had to watch. He had two guests (a woman from San Francisco and an older black lawyer guy, can't remember names) to discuss the Chick-fil-a thing. Hannity simply asked the guy his opinion and he immediately started UNLOADING about how Chick-fil-a hates gays and just outright spews hate. Hannity tried to ask several times what they said exactly that led him to the hate conclusion, but the guy just kept constantly spewing nonsense about Chick-fil-a using the Bible, which according to him is only used for hate, and never answered the question.

He just kept talking about how the KKK used the Bible to hate and, speaking to the woman guest, how the Bible puts women down. The woman actually supported Chick-fil-a's right to free speech, but everytime she tried to talk, the guy just kept interrupting, saying "shame on you" (referring to her being from San Fran and not dissing Chick-fil-a too) and just kept acting really immature. He eventually just left and said they were done. It was ridiculous (and hilarious)!

Sean Hannity's not a dumb man. He knows what he's doing here.

Hannity has complete control over his guest list. He picked this guy KNOWING that he would discredit his own argument by being an obnoxious SOB. Some people cannot control themselves (no shortage of them on the anti-Chick-Fil-A side of things), and if you're in the media market, you know who they are.

Hannity's a master at this tactic. He picks people who are (1) too meek and timid (cough-Alan Colmes-cough...in which case, Hannity will just bulldoze them) and (2) people who make themselves look like blabbering morons (in which case, Sean is very happy to hand them shovels and let them dig their own graves). People who will not allow either (Al Franken, for example) are never, ever invited back.

O' Reilly does do a fair job. Obviously he has his side but he does let the opposition talk and generally doesent have terrible guests

We may be watching different O'Reilly Factors, but O'Reilly is very well-renouned for cutting guests off and patronizing guests who outpoint him. If they refuse, he'll just bulldoze them on-screen and drop f-bombs like gangsta rap offscreen. It's not only the guests that feel his wrath: I think everyone's seen the "WE'LL DO IT LIVE" clip, which I won't link here because of the R-rated language he uses. Very angry, bitter man.

To his credit, he's not a straight ideologue like Hannity.

I pretty much figured that Hannity had his guest set up. It was just too ridiculous. I mean, it IS Fox News and we all pretty much know what side of every argument they're on and how they do things. I just hadn't watched any of the big news channels in a long time and have never really watched those interviews like that, so when I came across it, I just thought it was both ridiculous and hilarious. Just a random moment of my night.

I havent watched alot of O'Reilly or Hannity but O'Reilly is definately the better of the two. O'Reilly does cut them off but its nothing like what Hannity does. Fox News also likes to have discussions with 4-5 people, 3-4 being of one point of view and 1 person opposed.

Just to expand on te chick-fil-a thing

http://now.msn.com/executive-loses-job-over-video-ambush-at-chick-fil-a/

what a jackass! deserved to get fired, his little rant didnt do anything but give the young lady at the window a hard time.

If you dont like chick-fil-a's values then dont eat there! Just quit crying and whinning about it.

just for the record I neither support not oppose gay marriage, imo marriage is everyones right.

Edited by redtiger

I havent watched alot of O'Reilly or Hannity but O'Reilly is definately the better of the two. O'Reilly does cut them off but its nothing like what Hannity does. Fox News also likes to have discussions with 4-5 people, 3-4 being of one point of view and 1 person opposed.

Just to expand on te chick-fil-a thing

http://now.msn.com/executive-loses-job-over-video-ambush-at-chick-fil-a/

what a jackass! deserved to get fired, his little rant didnt do anything but give the young lady at the window a hard time.

If you dont like chick-fil-a's values then dont eat there! Just quit crying and whinning about it.

just for the record I neither support not oppose gay marriage, imo marriage is everyones right.

People are idiots. I hate that this happened to Chik-fil-a. Now I won't be able to eat there without all this argument crap. Why couldn't it have happened to some place I don't like or can't afford anyway?

I cant understand the call for "sit ins" or "kiss ins". Its not like c-f-a is refusing to serve LGBTQ people. Imo its pretty bad to try to force someone else to bend to your beliefs and that is exactly what the people who are up in arms against c-f-a are doing.

I cant understand the call for "sit ins" or "kiss ins". Its not like c-f-a is refusing to serve LGBTQ people. Imo its pretty bad to try to force someone else to bend to your beliefs and that is exactly what the people who are up in arms against c-f-a are doing.

The people attending these "kiss ins" are doing nothing but making themselves look bad. Chick Fil A has been the winner in all of this.

Thats very true, c-f-a has been more or less quiet and accepting while the ones who are upset are making them selves out to be closed minded and unaccepting, maybe even violent(the guy in the video is acting like he could be violent).

The people attending these "kiss ins" are doing nothing but making themselves look bad. Chick Fil A has been the winner in all of this.

Laughing all the way to the bank, they are. Of course, the media will never, ever, ever, ever, ever report how much profit Chick-Fil-A made from the 8/1 sales. You have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa than you do of seeing anyone this side of FOX News release it.

• 2 weeks later...