Expect the Ducks to get smacked...

GMan

I love their unis. And so do recruits. If you think that doesn't make a difference, think again.

Please cite for me 1 instance where the uniform combos were the deciding factor for a recruit. I implore you. ;)

Uniforms are a "cherry on top" kind of thing. If the kid's mentioning uniforms, his mind was made up long, long ago.

This^. Don't forget that horrid basketball court.

Truth. It's like someone poured paint thinner on a Bob Ross painting...

I love their unis. And so do recruits. If you think that doesn't make a difference, think again.

Baloney!

Please cite for me 1 instance where the uniform combos were the deciding factor for a recruit. I implore you. ;)

Uniforms are a "cherry on top" kind of thing. If the kid's mentioning uniforms, his mind was made up long, long ago.

I'm old school. I hate the Ducks' Uniforms. They look like roller derby unis.

Maybe they could go with this. Check out the helmets.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJo4x6v9fIlRx7TFUc6Vjbxl4kbCOaSXMwvLiBvyi1bYqxORuk

The next time a recruit chooses his college football team because of its uniforms will be the first.

Edited by blueinbama

I never said uniforms are THE deciding factor, but it is something that recruits think about.

I never said uniforms are THE deciding factor, but it is something that recruits think about.

You shan't move the goalposts on me, good sir. You argued that the uniform combos "make a difference". I retort by asking for an example, because I am of the belief that recruits don't give a flying fig about uniforms until their minds have long since been made up.

You shan't move the goalposts on me, good sir. You argued that the uniform combos "make a difference". I retort by asking for an example, because I am of the belief that recruits don't give a flying fig about uniforms until their minds have long since been made up.

I know someone who had offers from multiple schools to play basketball and made their final decision based on being sponsored by Jordan.

There's also speculation that the reason Shabazz Muhommad chose UCLA over Duke and UK is because of Adidas vs. Nike. He's been linked to Adidas through family, etc. It's a situation similar to Josh Selby choosing Kansas a couple years ago.

A quick Google search brings up some interesting info on how uniforms play a role in recruiting. It definitely does play help/hurt a few schools. Here's a link to a story just to scratch the surface:

http://wildcatbluenation.com/2012/08/03/kentucky-wildcat-basketball-and-the-harrison-twins-is-it-the-shoes-is-it-time-to-worry/2/

I know someone who had offers from multiple schools to play basketball and made their final decision based on being sponsored by Jordan.

There's also speculation that the reason Shabazz Muhommad chose UCLA over Duke and UK is because of Adidas vs. Nike. He's been linked to Adidas through family, etc. It's a situation similar to Josh Selby choosing Kansas a couple years ago.

A quick Google search brings up some interesting info on how uniforms play a role in recruiting. It definitely does play help/hurt a few schools. Here's a link to a story just to scratch the surface:

http://wildcatbluenation.com/2012/08/03/kentucky-wildcat-basketball-and-the-harrison-twins-is-it-the-shoes-is-it-time-to-worry/2/

Thank you for taking the time to research and find an article. I know it isn't the main factor, but stuff like this Does make a difference.

A few years ago there was a recruit by the name of Kalil Glaud I think. He narrowed his choices down to WVU and Rutgers. How did he decide his college future? By flipping a coin. That's right, flipping a freaking coin.

Unfortunately some of these kids do make important decisions based on trivial reasons.

This is not about likin unis, but about who has been giving you $$$$$$ during your AAU days. It is also hoops not football.

That said, schools have multiple unis for three reasons 1) fans and boosters will buy them meaning more $$$from merchandise; 2) players do like them; and 3) good or bad unis do generate publicity for the school.

That's more a sponsorship issue, which I find to be different than simply "I like gold and blue over maroon and orange". Basketball's a whole different animal, too. You're adding AAU, money, "promoters", and more money. Dirty, dirty business, and one of the NCAA's biggest failures.

That goes far beyond redesigning a uni.

And...I didn't read Hacker's response before posting, where he said much the same as I did here.

This is not about likin unis, but about who has been giving you $$$$$$ during your AAU days. It is also hoops not football.

That said, schools have multiple unis for three reasons 1) fans and boosters will buy them meaning more $$$from merchandise; 2) players do like them; and 3) good or bad unis do generate publicity for the school.

I think 1-3 is the right order, but #1 has a significant lead on the other 2.

Edited by UVAObserver