Battle vs Fort Chiswell benefit game

ThomasDenton

Fort Chiswell beat Battle tonight 17-13. The teams looked fairly even IMO. Both teams made mistakes and missed some opportunities, but also had their fair share of great plays tonight. That 24 for FC can run! But our Cody Rogers (1) could catch him. I thought it was a pretty good game. Though, there was a bit of ugliness at the end: after both teams shook hands, some players started fighting. Didn't see who or what started it or how many were involved (just a few I think), but it was stopped pretty quickly. Both teams may be running a lot at their next practice though.

Fort Chiswell's JV gave our's a thumping though, 22-0. JV played two 12 minute halves and Varsity played like a regular game (even special teams).

I'm really looking forward to this season!

Yeah, I loved seeing Harlow snap the ball for a punt, and get down the field fast enough to take down the punt returner right when he got the ball. Guy didn't even have time to start running, lol.

I was impressed with the Trojans too. Not just with the speed but Battle played great against a team that was much bigger and that is something they have had trouble with in the past. I don't think they will see any teams this season any bigger or faster than Fort Chiswell. If Battle would not have had their 2nd and 3rds in on that last FC drive, I don't think they would have scored and Battle would have won 13-10.

I was impressed with the Trojans too. Not just with the speed but Battle played great against a team that was much bigger and that is something they have had trouble with in the past. I don't think they will see any teams this season any bigger or faster than Fort Chiswell. If Battle would not have had their 2nd and 3rds in on that last FC drive, I don't think they would have scored and Battle would have won 13-10.

I actually didn't pay that much attention to FC's size, but I'm sure there's at least a couple of teams on our schedule that have them beat. Gate City may be down (according to just about everyone) but they'll still be hard to handle and of course there's J.I. Burton, most likely our toughest opponent by far this year. VHS always has speed too, but not much size usually. All in all, I think our record will be at least as good as last year's, if not better. I just hope we don't run into a juggernaut in the first round of playoffs if we make it like we did last year with Gretna, lol.

You didn't notice the 6'6" 295 pound D1 prospect? #55 We were the smaller team. Lee will probably be the biggest we see in regular season. Gate City has a couple big boys but nothing like in the past. I am not sure about JI Burton, I think they lost most of their line and returned most of their back field. No doubt Burton will be the hardest hitters we will see. We should be better than last year. If we can stay healthy we should be in every game.

You didn't notice the 6'6" 295 pound D1 prospect? #55 We were the smaller team. Lee will probably be the biggest we see in regular season. Gate City has a couple big boys but nothing like in the past. I am not sure about JI Burton, I think they lost most of their line and returned most of their back field. No doubt Burton will be the hardest hitters we will see. We should be better than last year. If we can stay healthy we should be in every game.

It's funny, I film the games for the team (this is my 6th year in a row) and everyone that knows this assumes that I see every little detail, so they naturally ask me what all goes on. But the truth is that I miss a lot of intereting things that go on and even some obvious things sometimes (like the look or size of certain players). I guess it's where I'm so focused keeping the camera in the general area of the ball by staring into a 2.5 inch screen the whole time, lol.