Buc 1 Mine

Thanks alot obama hope everyone goes out and votes this election because we need another president thats for coal and the jobs of swva.

Dont you even dare with the blaming obama crap. Im a republican myself but can not and will not point the finger at the president on this one there are alot more people that should be sholdering blame he just happens to be the guy that has his name attached.

I have heard a bunch of different scenarios from several different people there. 30 days from one person, 30-60 from another, and first of the year from another. The fact of the matter is unless consol starts selling more coal, the former Buch. 1 (600 people) will never be the same. The coal market will dictate whether we will all return to work or not.

I have heard a bunch of different scenarios from several different people there. 30 days from one person, 30-60 from another, and first of the year from another. The fact of the matter is unless consol starts selling more coal, the former Buch. 1 (600 people) will never be the same. The coal market will dictate whether we will all return to work or not.

I hope you guys get to go back to work as soon as possible im not sure why but for some reason i just can not get all of the people that have been effected by this off my mind one of the guys came into my work with his kid and you could tell just how bad he was bothered by it and I guess just seeing him and his kid really made it hit me that there are 600 other people just like him that don't know what they are going to do next.

I hope you guys get to go back to work as soon as possible im not sure why but for some reason i just can not get all of the people that have been effected by this off my mind one of the guys came into my work with his kid and you could tell just how bad he was bothered by it and I guess just seeing him and his kid really made it hit me that there are 600 other people just like him that don't know what they are going to do next.

Thank you so much for your concerns. I'm gonna take this day by day and hopefully something good will surface soon.

Give it time and I think these guys will be back to work. EPA keeps getting destroyed in federal court in WV for over stepping their powers. New contract with India wanting 9 millions tons of coal per year for the next 25 years. Wishing the best for you all that have been laid off, I for one support you guys and I have faith you all will be back to work soon wether its there or at another mine.

It ain't all Obama on this one, fellas. As I said on the Chatbox, CONSOL isn't lily white here.

Just wanted to cut this one off at the pass.

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected here, like Fan4Life. This area needs mines to be up and running at full capacity. Too many lives depend on it.

Dont you even dare with the blaming obama crap. Im a republican myself but can not and will not point the finger at the president on this one there are alot more people that should be sholdering blame he just happens to be the guy that has his name attached.

Who do you think is the blame? Consol? EPA? Tree Huggers? Bush Jr.?

I'm not trying to start a arguement but who are you blaming.

Consol isn't in the steam market at Buch 1, they produce 4.5 million tons of MET coal a year for steel use only. So you can't say it's because we had a mild winter last year and the power plants have to large of stockpiles on hand.

Obama is a little at fault with his failed economic policies. It's simple supply and demand, there isn't much use to have large supplies of steel if there isn't any money in the economy to build stuff.

Who do you think is the blame? Consol? EPA? Tree Huggers? Bush Jr.?

I'm not trying to start a arguement but who are you blaming.

Consol isn't in the steam market at Buch 1, they produce 4.5 million tons of MET coal a year for steel use only. So you can't say it's because we had a mild winter last year and the power plants have to large of stockpiles on hand.

Obama is a little at fault with his failed economic policies. It's simple supply and demand, there isn't much use to have large supplies of steel if there isn't any money in the economy to build stuff.

EPA and consol is who i put the blame on.

EPA and consol is who i put the blame on.

i'm politically neutral with a slight lean right, but if you're blaming the EPA then you have to point your finger squarely at the Obama administration. Ask anyone in the energy field how much harder the permitting process is compared to four years ago and you will catch an earful.

Its kinda a perfect storm thing. EPA has put to many tough regulations on coal fired power plants which was the cause for some power plants to shut down completly like the one in Glynn Lyn, VA. The plant in Glynn Lyn had been turned into a stand by plant that only operated when necessary. But because of new EPA regulations it was going to cost over 1 million dolllars for it to be over hauled to meet the new regulations. So instead AEP decided to shut it down. Other power plants usually keep a stock pile of 30 days of coal on the ground but but many have up to a 70 days supply right now. China's economy is slowing so less coal is being shipped over seas.

I for one am hoping the new contract with India couple with a terrible winter will get these guys back to work. Also the EPA is slowly being reigned in but tougher regulations aren't helping.

http://bdtonline.com/local/x1685973243/EPA-dealt-another-blow-by-fed-court

i'm politically neutral with a slight lean right, but if you're blaming the EPA then you have to point your finger squarely at the Obama administration. Ask anyone in the energy field how much harder the permitting process is compared to four years ago and you will catch an earful.[/

Exactly!!!!!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, these two mines produce metallurgical coal which is used in steel production and is exported worldwide. CONSOL is citing low demand on the world market for idling the mines.

Where is the EPA in that equation?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, these two mines produce metallurgical coal which is used in steel production and is exported worldwide. CONSOL is citing low demand on the world market for idling the mines.

Where is the EPA in that equation?

Let's not divert my diversion from the topic. I was responding to RHSchamps04 and taking advantage of the opportunity to take a swing at the Obama administration. Obviously market conditions are the true culprit.....

i'm politically neutral with a slight lean right, but if you're blaming the EPA then you have to point your finger squarely at the Obama administration. Ask anyone in the energy field how much harder the permitting process is compared to four years ago and you will catch an earful.

Im just saying that there are alot more people than obama at fault here let's not let all the blame go to one place.

I'll point my finger at who ever i want to point it at!!!