Graham @ Princeton WV

starcityfootballfan

This one makes me a little nervous. Anyway, the G-Men face a very large West Virginia AAA school that just happens to be win less at this point. No doubt that the power points will be a HUGE benefit if Graham can win. Princeton being win less does not mean that the Tigers are all that bad. I have been told that they have been hampered with injuries and are also adjusting with a new coach. They have faced some tough competition with some Charleston area schools and they were flattened. The only common opponent for both schools is Bluefield, WV. We all know that Graham squeaked by Bluefield and the Beavers scored quickly and often against the Tigers. This one has all the indications of an upset. Graham must be penalty and mistake free in order to defeat the Tigers. If they can do this then they win. If not, the short 15 minute trip back to Bluefield could seem as if it is hours long. The Graham fans will be rolling down 460 in numbers and hopefully rolling back to the Virginia side with victory #4! Go G-Men!

Thoughts/Predictions?

This screams "trap game". Coming off a hard-fought comeback against Marion, and Grayson County to start district play in 2 weeks. Graham's yet to slay the turnover/penalty bug. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Thanks for the bummer!!! LOL! I certainly did not want to hear that especially from you. No doubt, that you and I have the same interest here ... Graham. Anyway, and unfortunately, same gut feeling as you on this one.

I have seen Graham play against Bluefield and Tazewell only. As you know anything and everything can happen in the first one and indeed it did! The mistakes/penalties against Tazewell certainly did not impress me. I downloaded the Marion broadcast while sitting in the press box at Salem-Northside (keeping up with BOTH those games in itself was hard). We both know that Graham was lucky to survive that one.

I will hold off on my prediction until later on during the week. You know I love the G-Men but much improvement is needed fast. Hopefully, this is the week to turn it on! I am just concerned that this unexpected fast start has raised our expectations a little too high too soon. I am almost forgetting that the team is actually rebuilding under the direction of Coach Williams. My how times have changed.

Funny thing, as I walked into the Salem stadium last week many acquaintances shouted to me "how 'bout them G-Men!" I loved every minute of it as they always joke about my loyalty. They also have fond memories of Coach Williams and truly wish him and the G-men the utmost success. By the way, I responded to my friends at the Salem game ... "2012 MED Champs!"

Thanks for the bummer!!! LOL! I certainly did not want to hear that especially from you. No doubt, that you and I have the same interest here ... Graham. Anyway, and unfortunately, same gut feeling as you on this one.

I have seen Graham play against Bluefield and Tazewell only. As you know anything and everything can happen in the first one and indeed it did! The mistakes/penalties against Tazewell certainly did not impress me. I downloaded the Marion broadcast while sitting in the press box at Salem-Northside (keeping up with BOTH those games in itself was hard). We both know that Graham was lucky to survive that one.

I will hold off on my prediction until later on during the week. You know I love the G-Men but much improvement is needed fast. Hopefully, this is the week to turn it on! I am just concerned that this unexpected fast start has raised our expectations a little too high too soon. I am almost forgetting that the team is actually rebuilding under the direction of Coach Williams. My how times have changed.

Funny thing, as I walked into the Salem stadium last week many acquaintances shouted to me "how 'bout them G-Men!" I loved every minute of it as they always joke about my loyalty. They also have fond memories of Coach Williams and truly wish him and the G-men the utmost success. By the way, I responded to my friends at the Salem game ... "2012 MED Champs!"

My predictions haven't been firing on all cylinders lately. Especially last week...ugly. Keep the faith. ;)

Good commentary otherwise. I think Graham's best is better than Princeton's best, but there just needs to be improvement, as you say.

Gonna be a tough one for the G-Men.

Princeton, despite their record, has potential to be a good football team. They are probably the most physical team Graham will see this season outside of Richlands and they have comparable overall team speed to Bluefield. I'm not sure if he's healthy or not, but their RB Johnson is definitely the fastest kid in the area and arguably in the state of WV. If he gets loose no one will catch him.

Graham better come out prepared because Princeton has the size and speed to give them problems if they let the Tigers hand around.

Gonna be a tough one for the G-Men.

Princeton, despite their record, has potential to be a good football team. They are probably the most physical team Graham will see this season outside of Richlands and they have comparable overall team speed to Bluefield. I'm not sure if he's healthy or not, but their RB Johnson is definitely the fastest kid in the area and arguably in the state of WV. If he gets loose no one will catch him.

Graham better come out prepared because Princeton has the size and speed to give them problems if they let the Tigers hand around.

Johnson out for the year,torn mcl

Oh, and the biggest PLUS for the G-Men fans who can't make it to the game is the simple fact that you get the treat of listening to Jim Nelson call the game on the radio. By far and away the best radio commentator in the area.

Oh, and the biggest PLUS for the G-Men fans who can't make it to the game is the simple fact that you get the treat of listening to Jim Nelson call the game on the radio. By far and away the best radio commentator in the area.

Nah, think this old timer sticks with Kes and Danny. No one loves the g-men more than those two.

You said it man! Jim Nelson is great and truly a professional. He actually knows something about football and he even knows the names of his teams players. WOW!!

The Bluefield, VA broadcast is terrible ... and I mean terrible. After the Graham-Bluefield game I was hoping for continued improvement but have not found any. I quickly decided to just watch the game without the radio commentary.

At one point last week (Marion game) Kes Blackwell (hope I have name correct) asked his sidekick "how is the hamburger?" Would love to see SNL do a spoof of these two in the press box.

Just my opinion though ....

Edited by starcityfootballfan

You said it man! Jim Nelson is great and truly a professional. He actually knows something about football and he even knows the names of his teams players. WOW!!

The Bluefield, VA broadcast is terrible ... and I mean terrible. After the Graham-Bluefield game I was hoping for continued improvement but have not found any. I quickly decided to just watch the game without the radio commentary.

At one point last week (Marion game) Kes Blackwell (hope I have name correct) asked his sidekick "how is the hamburger?" Would love to see SNL do a spoof of these two in the press box.

Just my opinion though ....

Still much better than what they had broadcasting last year...

Agreed that they love those G-Men and I thought they were absolutely awsome back in the 90's. I was so looking forward to getting them back on the air this year because I know and love both Robinson and Blackwell but, to be honest, now that I have had the opportunity to listen to them a couple of times, they talk about too many other things than football and one can't really follow the game at all. All the love and respect for them, I just wish they would call the game and worry about everything else during pre-game, timeouts, and half-time. Just my opinion though!

Agreed that they love those G-Men and I thought they were absolutely awsome back in the 90's. I was so looking forward to getting them back on the air this year because I know and love both Robinson and Blackwell but, to be honest, now that I have had the opportunity to listen to them a couple of times, they talk about too many other things than football and one can't really follow the game at all. All the love and respect for them, I just wish they would call the game and worry about everything else during pre-game, timeouts, and half-time. Just my opinion though!

Co-sign.

After looking at Princeton's results, they're giving up a ton of points.

Is that due simply to the teams they're playing, or is it due to a leaky defense, or both?

I'd say a little bit of both. I'm sure the injury bug doesn't help matters with either.

They were hit in the mouth by Bluefield's speed, which everyone has been since the Graham game, and they were torched by a UNC commit in GW's Ryan Switzer last week. I don't know what Beckley, Oak Hill, and Capital bring to the table this year but they historically have some quick kids too.

After looking at Princeton's results, they're giving up a ton of points.

Giving up the most points/game of any school in WV in all classifications.

Having said that, they'll probably pitch a shutout vs. Graham...:D

Giving up the most points/game of any school in WV in all classifications.

Having said that, they'll probably pitch a shutout vs. Graham...:D

I am slightly concerned about Princeton waking up this game. Graham's offense isn't built for shootouts, and Princeton can put up points if they aren't a walking M*A*S*H* unit.

But the worst defensive PPG in the whole state? Hm.

I am slightly concerned about Princeton waking up this game. Graham's offense isn't built for shootouts, and Princeton can put up points if they aren't a walking M*A*S*H* unit.

But the worst defensive PPG in the whole state? Hm.

Still have the gut feeling that the Tigers will score the upset! And for some strange reason, it might not be that close! I hate it when I wake up and the first thing I think about is Princeton beating Graham. I sure hope that I am wrong and tomorrow I wake up and say "Graham is going to win!" Will let you know in the morning; however, until then, I will live with my doubts.

Edited by starcityfootballfan