Holy crap!!!

I just saw a guy shoot himself in the head on live tv. Apparently there was a police chase in Arizona that Fox News was covering live with a helicopter camera. The guy drove his car off the road, got out and ran for a bit, then just stopped and shot himself in the head. They cut away as soon as the guy hit the ground and it showed the news anchor saying "get off! get it off! get it off!" trying to get them to cut away, but they were too late and aired it. He came back on after commercials and apologized, saying they have a delay to avoid these things, but they messed up. I was having a pretty good and productive day and when I decide to just flip through the channels to see what was on, this happens.

Dang, that was fast. I figured other news stations might pick up on Fox's mistake (or maybe Fox would go back to it) but after flipping from news station to news station for a while, I just turned the tv off.

I just saw a guy shoot himself in the head on live tv. Apparently there was a police chase in Arizona that Fox News was covering live with a helicopter camera. The guy drove his car off the road, got out and ran for a bit, then just stopped and shot himself in the head. They cut away as soon as the guy hit the ground and it showed the news anchor saying "get off! get it off! get it off!" trying to get them to cut away, but they were too late and aired it. He came back on after commercials and apologized, saying they have a delay to avoid these things, but they messed up. I was having a pretty good and productive day and when I decide to just flip through the channels to see what was on, this happens.

This generation's Budd Dwyer moment?

1/22/87. And if you even so much as mention this in the Commonwealth of PA, a trained sniper will take you out immediately.

That was about a year before I was born. I knew it was a long time ago, but didn't think it was that long.