Richlands 2013 Football Schedule

Ryan4VT

Look at the division we will play in next year. Graham, John Battle, Union, Giles, Ft. Chiswell, Gate City. Our schedule is set up nicely for the competition we will see in the playoffs. No more Cave Spring, Brookville, etc....

We play 2 bigger schools in Abingdon (3A), Botetourt (3/4A), Bluefield, and Lebanon (A). The rest are all AA schools. Which is what we are. I love this schedule.

How do you see Bluefield as "A" when their enrollment is 705?

How do you see Bluefield as "A" when their enrollment is 705?

I didn't put anything beside Bluefield. I have no idea what they will be in the new 6A system. So I just didn't put anything beside their name.

I don't mind playing Bluefield in VA. The last time we played them in Richlands they beat us on a last second field goal, it was a hard fought game and they beat us fair and square in a game that could have went either way. That is fine in my book I can handle being beat by a better team or even by a good team that gets a few breaks or good bounces. I just don't think you can get a fair shake at Mitchell late in the season, if you play them in the 1st three games or so you MIGHT get a fair shake. I've seen it happen to much. Somebody please mark my words in two years if I'm wrong I will eat crow.

I don't mind playing Bluefield in VA. The last time we played them in Richlands they beat us on a last second field goal, it was a hard fought game and they beat us fair and square in a game that could have went either way. That is fine in my book I can handle being beat by a better team or even by a good team that gets a few breaks or good bounces. I just don't think you can get a fair shake at Mitchell late in the season, if you play them in the 1st three games or so you MIGHT get a fair shake. I've seen it happen to much. Somebody please mark my words in two years if I'm wrong I will eat crow.

As I said earlier that game you mention at Richlands, THE SECOND WORST OFFICIATED GAME I'VE EVER SEEN...

And the following year Bluefield beat Richlands 35-14 at Mitchell Stadium and Coach Mance said that was the best officated game that he had witnessed.

I remember that game the next year, it started off with a couple of holding calls against Richlands even though they had a much better team than us that year. I know coach Mance has never made a statement like that. He is always very complementary of the other team. Okay who has ever heard a coach make a statement like that about officials.

I remember that game the next year, it started off with a couple of holding calls against Richlands even though they had a much better team than us that year. I know coach Mance has never made a statement like that. He is always very complementary of the other team. Okay who has ever heard a coach make a statement like that about officials.

It was in the Bluefield Daily Telegraph a couple of years back when word was going around that Bluefield and Richlands were in talks about renewing the series. Mance was talking about the 2002 game and talked about the questionable calls, but he also said that the 2008 game was very well officated and that Bluefield just beat them hands down. I personally read it myself.

Guest king kone

Why is it that you can say Richlands and some people start salivating kinda like Pavlov's dog?

Mitchell stadium is home of the mystry flag. For years every time Richlands made a big play, there was always a flag thrown way away from the play. Nobody in the stands would know what it was for, so we started calling it the mystry flag......

Bluefield has a good team year in and year out. They have beat Richlands multiple times home and away with a superior team. It only takes away from the program when you have those completely over the top crazy calls. Hey Gate City beats Richlands often all so, but when they beat us its on the play on the field never because the refs take over.

And the following year Bluefield beat Richlands 35-14 at Mitchell Stadium and Coach Mance said that was the best officated game that he had witnessed.

Bluefield was the better team in 08 and didn't need the calls. The game in 02 was a joke, bluefield had to win to make the playoffs, and the refs were gonna make sure they didn't lose. Those calls were horrible, the refs should have been fired on the spot!!

Bluefield was the better team in 08 and didn't need the calls. The game in 02 was a joke, bluefield had to win to make the playoffs, and the refs were gonna make sure they didn't lose. Those calls were horrible, the refs should have been fired on the spot!!

I remember that game...

You do realize that was 10 years ago...right??? Time to let that one go.

BTW, I don't think any of the guys on that crew are still officiating...the worst one in that crew doesn't officiate now, for sure.

I agree, it is time to move on and hope the officiating is better the next 2 years then it was for either side.

Complaining about it now just makes us look like we are still crying. I get what you are saying and was at all the games we are talking about, but it does no good to keep bringing it up.

Let's move on to the future and hopefully at least a couple of great games between these 2 great programs !

Edited by Bigrhsfan